Anyone else smellin Anivia Nerf

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crs Voyboy

12-21-2010

I smell FrieD ChickEn.

LysolCleaner

12-21-2010

sad panda face if she gets nerfed =(

SoIo Wing

12-21-2010

Passive needs a nerf imo

Press R + E = someone is dead, i dont see how that can be hard to play especially when she has a free GA.

Copout

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Nutz View Post
Passive needs a nerf imo

Press R + E = someone is dead, i dont see how that can be hard to play especially when she has a free GA.
I can't think of any reasonable matchup in which Anivia would be able to kill someone by just using R followed by E, unless the person you were fighting just stood there in your ult for a while and you had the mana to maintain it until they died. You need more than just R and E to kill someone.

Bronzz

12-21-2010

I certainly hope she gets nerfed...hard.

Before all of the kids start telling me how low her survivability is, I am fully aware of how low her survivability is.

Decent teamwork in coordinating Anivia kills makes her balanced. She has high damage but low survivability, especially when CCed, specifically coordinating a stun and a silence should destroy her.

However, she is an excellent pubstomper against uncoordinated teams. Riot has made it a habit of balancing a game around the lowest common denominator, as we have seen with Mordekaiser, who was not nearly as good at pubstomping as a half decent Anivia is to begin with. Mordekaiser has been nerfed to complete and utter uselessness because of this, even though he was never used at a high elo except for a select few of the absolute best players, like grandjudge. Excellent Anivias have always been used at high elo.

Wards have been nerfed for a similar reason, because the disparity between good players that use wards and terrible ones that do not use wards was too great, and Riot did not like the fact that your Brazilian teammate was getting ganked every time he stepped into the lane.

If tomorrow, she was nerfed to equal uselessness, I would be extremely happy.

Primogenitor

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronzz View Post
I certainly hope she gets nerfed...hard.

However, she is an excellent pubstomper against uncoordinated teams. Riot has made it a habit of balancing a game around the lowest common denominator, as we have seen with Mordekaiser, who was not nearly as good at pubstomping as a half decent Anivia is to begin with. Mordekaiser has been nerfed to complete and utter uselessness because of this, even though he was never used at a high elo except for a select few of the absolute best players, like grandjudge. Excellent Anivias have always been used at high elo.

I have never heard anivia referred to as a pubstomper.

Bronzz

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogenitor View Post
I have never heard anivia referred to as a pubstomper.
Play a sub-1300 elo game. Anivia: 22-0-13

Heraldic

12-21-2010

Hey, you know, whatever happens, Riot may nerf her, whether we like it or not.
Truth stinks, but yeah.

MaKNooNPlaystyle

12-21-2010

The reason she won't get nerfed, is because theres very few good ones. I dunno if shes balanced... I mean she does a TON of damage with ulti + e and double proccing Q. Not to mention that wall, is a game winning skill. One good/bad wall can make you win/lose

But, she might be a TAD strong, but if nerfs come, they need not be huge, maybe a small nerf.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

12-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Nope.