LeaverBuster Innovations: Automated Leaver Banning

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smellslikefish

12-20-2010

Any way we could eventually see some stats on how many accounts get banned and whether this program induces a reduction in leavers? Just curious.

D3F1L3

12-20-2010

This is a great thing! Good Job Riot!

Now what we need is something to address the verbally abusive players, the afk players, and the people who throw tantrums (feeding, yelling what the team is doing to the other side, etc) when they don't get their way in /surrender votes after a single lost team battle. I wonder if the ability for a team to vote to kick one of their members out of the game (automatically giving the ejected player a 'Leaver' mark) would be a good idea? Just a thought. Granted I can see how it could be abused (a group of four jerks voting to kick someone out because they're a n00b even though they are trying their best). Maybe if everyone involved got a 'Leaver' mark just to make sure that people only do it when it is really necessary? Thoughts?

At the very least it would be awesome if you could just right click on someone's name in the chat to ignore them rather than having to type their whole name in the middle of what's usually an intense game.

-D

alan420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshiftyguy View Post
I like the suggestion to remove IP and EXP gains for a team that agrees to surrender. Reduces such abrupt endings and even if the other team gives up and afks... the match still finishes properly which i prefer.
basically meaning when I win I like to draw out games as long as possible to make it painful for the enemy zzzz

ØJêšušØ

12-20-2010

if you que dodge you should be put into arranges with other que dodgers

PapaSeavs

12-20-2010

YES! Long time overdue, 1 part of the game I do not like is the environment.

exes4eyes

12-20-2010

I think the system will end up, because of the grace games and counting resets, being too lenient and will only identify the handful of the most heinous abusers. Instead of this narrow vector approach, I think there should be an across-the-board no tolerance policy that treats everyone and ever game the same. You leave, you pay. I predict there will still be many a games left because people KNOW that they have a few throwaway games. I'm sad about these grace games. There should be an instant one hour penalty the first time, 3 hours the next, and a day for three. And the counter should never reset for these scrubs. The final penalty should be summary execution by repeated kicks to the groin.

Ev0x

12-20-2010

They rly dont care bout a thing is all just talk and no action what so ever.. Wanna see something it happened a couple of days ago?
Here check this link http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/...leaveswhat.jpg this happened about 2 days ago this is what the booster is doing, NOTHING AT ALL.

King 0f Swords

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0x View Post
They rly dont care bout a thing is all just talk and no action what so ever.. Wanna see something it happened a couple of days ago?
Here check this link http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/...leaveswhat.jpg this happened about 2 days ago this is what the booster is doing, NOTHING AT ALL.
Yes, because he accrued 125 leaves in 2 days. They specifically said this isn't retroactive banning so quit your trolling.

Drako405

12-21-2010

+1 Thank you for the effort in helping with leavers.

Tamat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

12-21-2010
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0x View Post
Users who had excessive leaves before the system was implemented won't be automatically punished in a retroactive fashion; however, if that same behavior continues, the system will do it's job to lay down the banhammer.