All (not so) Random All Mid

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izbiz

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggerwocky View Post
Yes because in normals, you can lock any champion you want. In ARAM the randomness means that if you want to play Crittlesticks, you have the same chance of getting that as the guy who just wants to spam lux laugh and lazers.
Please at least read my posts before you respond.

Rivini

07-18-2014

This is a good idea. Why didn't anyone think of-

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3874720

Oh.

kryuss

07-18-2014

I play 99% ARAM,if all champions were enabled I would probably stop playing. I don't own an ARAM account but there are a lot of champions I really hate playing and this change would completely ruin the mode for me. I get the point of the proposed change but ARAM is supposed to be a casual mode, this would make it frustrating for a lot of people.

kryuss

07-18-2014

I also think queue dodging would become ridiculous with this change.

NickOloteon

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izbiz View Post
Please at least read my posts before you respond.
They don't have access to all champs, just the 1/119 that the game picked for them.

Rivini

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryuss View Post
I play 99% ARAM,if all champions were enabled I would probably stop playing. I don't own an ARAM account but there are a lot of champions I really hate playing and this change would completely ruin the mode for me. I get the point of the proposed change but ARAM is supposed to be a casual mode, this would make it frustrating for a lot of people.
Then let's just only allow the common OP champions to be picked and disable the rest. All healers, all ranged, no melee. Make it a boring poke fest.

That's what you want, right?

Why bother making it fair for everyone and no longer catering to people who abused the system via ARAM accounts?

kryuss

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
Then let's just only allow the common OP champions to be picked and disable the rest. All healers, all ranged, no melee. Make it a boring poke fest.

That's what you want, right?

Why bother making it fair for everyone and no longer catering to people who abused the system via ARAM accounts?
If the games really are determined by what champions you have and not the player then making it a level playing field solves nothing. The team with the better champions will still win even if we all have the same champs. The proposed change will just frustrate the people that arent gaming with ARAM accounts.

TrueShrike

07-18-2014

Just my 2 cents on the subject. I personally think unlocking all champs in ARAM only gameplay for the pool would be awesome. I have slowly worked my way up buying champs through rp and ip and am down to the last set of 6300 champs. Not only do I think this would enable new players to experience champs prepurchase (similar to the champ rotation) but you might also allow for random skins to be picked (let the game force choose a random skin) this would be kind of like showing off the merchandise to entice the customers. You do not and cannot keep anything from ARAM alone but you may just come across a champ/skin that just rocks your socks and so you purchase for regular play.

Just an idea.

PhoOniAzn

07-18-2014

I have not read all the post but why not have aram champ select be kinda like all for one, and have it pick out of your team champion pool, that might not solve ever thing but it force the aram count to play with a group or get use to play every champ, another way is to have it the champion pool out of both team so that way it complete RANDOM for both teams

MasterOfTheOrder

07-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4T3NCY View Post
You're absolutely right here. The reroll system is one of many facets we would need to revisit before implementing something like this. We agree that simply switching on ALL champs in ARAM with it's current shape, would not feel very good. If/when we do it, we want to do it right. ^.^o

I'm not trying to be a jerk here… but all I understood from that was "these are good reasons, but the only reason it'll never happen is because we want you to buy the champs instead".

I may only feel that way because what you wrote is EXACTLY what I would say instead.