@Meddler or any red really [no hate just not sure who can gimme the best answer]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oblivioncrusade

07-19-2014

Anyway, my question is simple. will anything ever be done to bring shen back to popularity, or would buffing him in any way make him back to perma ban status like he was for nearly 2 seasons?

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

07-19-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Well, we think we've finally caught his ult bug which should help. That's had him completely blocked from competitive play for a bit, which tends to depress a champs playrates in ranked and normal games as well. Honestly not sure what his power level's like as a result in the current state of the game, some of the folks on the balance team would have a more useful take on that than me.

DiavaI

07-19-2014

really sick and ****ing tired of meddler's ****posts

Gangsta Weeaboo

07-19-2014

He keeps ignoring Swain threads!!!

ProfDrDeath

07-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Well, we think we've finally caught his ult bug which should help. That's had him completely blocked from competitive play for a bit, which tends to depress a champs playrates in ranked and normal games as well. Honestly not sure what his power level's like as a result in the current state of the game, some of the folks on the balance team would have a more useful take on that than me.
He still will be a situational pick, taken for the strength of his ulti. Especially with TF and Rengar being on the rise again.

Dokusei

07-19-2014

Quote:
Honestly not sure what his power level's like as a result in the current state of the game, some of the folks on the balance team would have a more useful take on that than me.
what do you mean you aren't sure?

picking shen is begging for a loss

he has no offensive power and is meant to farm to become a unkillable tank who can barely do his job as a tank because his energy costs are to damn high

meanwhile lee sin does his job but 20x more better and having to build less armor/magic resist

Mattpig

07-19-2014

Quote:
I have played a bunch of Shen and never experienced this bug. Numbers buff pls

Bork Hammer 40k

07-19-2014

Played shen the other day, and his map presence is still very strong. As long as you can get something off of every Ult you'll snowball like crazy.

kayakninja

07-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavaI View Post
really sick and ****ing tired of meddler's ****posts
Yeah. How dare he post in a @Meddler thread, that jerk.

DocRedgrave

07-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokusei View Post
what do you mean you aren't sure?

picking shen is begging for a loss

he has no offensive power and is meant to farm to become a unkillable tank who can barely do his job as a tank because his energy costs are to damn high

meanwhile lee sin does his job but 20x more better and having to build less armor/magic resist
That's bull****, you clearly have no clue how Shen is played. I've murdered ad carries on my own as tank Shen. The key is to build health and then use Wit's End to shred a target's magic resist letting your passive and q punch straight through targets. As for his energy costs, they're only high on Shadow Dash and that's on purpose to prevent spamming it during early game (which would be op) while the energy returns make it more useful in teamfights during late game.