Regarding 7/17 Varus PBE Change

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

07-19-2014
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFNASmurf View Post
@Meddler, since you're here...

Do you think Ashe actually could be buffed to a top-tier ADC pick, without disrupting the game, due to her permaslows? I mean she was the reason why Irelia/Xin/etc were made, to counter... Pretty much her, and she ended up making problems due to a ranged permaslow.

However, times have changed and arguably permaslows aren't as strong as they used to be. Still, they can be highly problematic for the game and make a lot of Champs suffer as well.

I'm curious if you think she could be buffed to that stage without impacting the game too powerfully in a negative fashion, and how you would do it.
I'm not sure top tier's necessarily a good goal, that implies she's potentially strong even against those that are meant to be good against her and therefore overwhelming against those weak to her (given she's not as much of a baseline pick as some other champs). Sometimes picked in competitive play (with the right team comp/enemy team comp) on the other hand I could see being appropriate. We did see a little bit of that last year with some of the Ashe/Zyra lanes being run. Personal suspicion is she's probably not too far off situational picks like that being valid, particularly with the decreased number of assassins in the competitive meta of most (all?) regions right now.

Dyrone Darius

07-19-2014

So is Varus able to get the 5 MS he lost before or no?

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

07-19-2014
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Our Goddess View Post
One thing I'd like to know if the hitbox could be increased a little because I swear varus ult feels like it's far more difficult to hit than other skillshots.
A higher hit rate, via width, was something we've talked about as well. Agree it feels like it's missed a lot, it's a pretty fast skillshot (2000) with a fair bit of width already (around 100 from memory, not certain off the top of the head) though so I'd be a little hesitant to make it too generous (would also reduce the current cases we see of chaining it with allied CC from your support which can add some interesting play to bot lane comps, CD reduction by contrast supports that).

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

07-19-2014
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyrone Darius View Post
So is Varus able to get the 5 MS he lost before or no?
No plans to do so at present. Wouldn't rule it out of the question entirely, there are likely more interesting ways we can add power to him though.

Sephrx

07-19-2014

How would you feel about the upcoming champ being built like an adc

50ShadesOfBronze

07-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
No plans to do so at present. Wouldn't rule it out of the question entirely, there are likely more interesting ways we can add power to him though.
Seems like alot of ADC changes lately, Any plans on helping the non-meta immobile adc's like MF soon?

Dyrone Darius

07-19-2014

Meddler I know this is completely unrelated to ADCs but will Garen ever get his ultimates cooldown reduced? Riven is manaless with a shorter cooldown, Darius has mana with a reset ult, Jinx is pretty much better than garens in every way except that you can miss it(but you can miss Garens with the slow cast time).

lojician

07-19-2014

Quote:
How much power does 5 ms usually translate to anyway? Like if you were to revert olaf on pbe and just stick his ms at 355 what would you expect it to do to his viability? Is it usually a noticeable difference for players or just something that occasionally tips the scales during chases and might cause a couple kill swing every few games?

Lulu Our Goddess

07-19-2014

Quote:
My issue with varus aside his ult witdh is his scaling, early he isn't that terrible if using W stacks correctly and mid game is fine, but his late game dps compared to other carries is lower than most, his kit makes him kinda mandatory to get those W stacks and if he isn't able to pop them his damage is actually lower than other carries, the fact he is kinda slow and his ult can be just a bit unreliable makes his late game difficult.

if his ult is difficult to hit, why not taking off the cast time probably that would make it easier to hit xP

Get Rekkkt

07-19-2014

@meddler

teach other rioters how to actually be helpful like you are here

thanks