new buff timers 4.12 patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Whist

Associate Animator

07-18-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I personally like it not on the UI at all times because it's easier for players to forget about it.

Having a giant dragon timer ticking down on the top of your screen is just going to turn into a count down to the next team fight more or less.

Just my personal take on it though. I'm silver and not a designer :P

slaya45

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
I personally like it not on the UI at all times because it's easier for players to forget about it.

Having a giant dragon timer ticking down on the top of your screen is just going to turn into a count down to the next team fight more or less.

Most design teams will take stands like that and put it to a vote... However when something is split down the middle Most design teams will not default to one or the other, but let the player decide by adding an option in the settings. (With binary choices, that is, much like this one.) I guess that's just design 101 though.

Eotw

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Darth Kitti View Post
Lolwut

Tab is right next to your q. Unless you are playing without any fingers "difficult to access" is a straight up lie.
Blocking the entire screen to view the timers is not optimal.

Raiyn

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post

And I'm a player -platinum/gold on 2 different accounts and I want it :P. So how about we compromise and make it an option to have it toggle or not. Otherwise I'm going to continue with my 3rd party jungle timers because the current Riot one is waste of my time. Pressing Tab every minute is irritating. I feel like I'm driving a car and I need to check my blind spot all the time...ggrreeattt.

And also if what you're saying is true then that's all LoL ESPORTS is then; we're all just waiting for the next dragon timer to teamfight....owait..