All (not so) Random All Mid

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuronok2

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
2.5 year player here.

I mostly play ARAMs now, and I don't want the RP/IP value of the champions I've bought (around 60+) to be negated by all champs becoming free on the main map I now play.

Making it out of the pool of all owned champions every player has (and free week champs)? I'd enjoy that. Having a larger, mode-specific free week for ARAM that ensures each team has a chance to get OP/UP champs? Sure, I'll take that. I'm certainly all for weakening ARAM smurfs.

I just don't think making all champs on ARAM free is the solution.
You are just a selfish person, GTFO.

SajeBlu

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tist View Post
Doesn't ARAM allow you to select the weekly free champs as well?

ARAM allows you to select your summoner spells, runes, and masteries. That's it.

Everyone needs to stop acting like if all champs were available in ARAM people would somehow go on a "PLAY EVERYONE I WANT!" spree, in a mode where they literally can't choose their champ beyond trades/rerolls.

VictorianGenetix

07-18-2014

I kinda like the idea of all champions being available. But I almost feel like that'd get really annoying for some players. I buy skins and champions I love, and I don't mind playing said champions in aram even if they are meh and blah in aram, such as certain melee's etc. That being said to many champions I just don't like playing at all.

I would love if there was some kind of balance to this all. Like maybe accounts that own 50+ champions don't have to submit to the ALL champions thing? Or just look at some tier listings, or construct your own than make it where like you have to have well and above the amount of top tier champs. Which according to the lists i see from most people consists of about 10 rank s tier, and around 30 or so rank a tier then the rest being rank B or lower. These tier lists aren't to be quoted much of course, but they look true enough as I have played quite a lot of ARAM.

Overall I would just love to just keep it to my champion pool, which includes plenty of meh champions for aram. I just want to feel good and like the champions I end up with. The key champions I don't own are ones I am meh on playing as a whole and they actually ruin my general league experience for me when I play them. I just don't like them.

I do feel it is the best solution, and I would agree if you did it. But I myself would quit playing ARAM as much. I would limit it to only with my select friends who only play aram.

At the very least if you did ALL champions I feel like the reroll system could be revamped to not make it as frustrating to people like myself as it would seem to be. As a whole reroll system right now is a bit ehh and if the game goes to rolling between all 120+ champs for me rather than the 70 champs I actually enjoy playing, and the reroll system stay the same it just would add up to plenty of general frustration I feel.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for the change as ARAM only accounts muddle the ARAM. But I am just voicing a concern I PERSONALLY feel as far as the all champions thing goes. I overall would get an accept the change as it makes a lot of sense. Just My opinion and overall concern as far as myself goes. Plz don't flame me over it.

Tofubots

07-18-2014

How about not all champs available in ARAM but all champs that are owned by everyone in said game lobby - just like in All for One? Therefore if a team of ARAM accounts want to play against another team of ARAM accounts they can do it without being sad. However, if me and my friends want to play with our normal accounts they'll just have to deal with the fact that they might get some of our champions.

Zielmann

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
2.5 year player here.

I mostly play ARAMs now, and I don't want the RP/IP value of the champions I've bought (around 60+) to be negated by all champs becoming free on the main map I now play.

Making it out of the pool of all owned champions every player has (and free week champs)? I'd enjoy that. Having a larger, mode-specific free week for ARAM that ensures each team has a chance to get OP/UP champs? Sure, I'll take that. I'm certainly all for weakening ARAM smurfs.

I just don't think making all champs on ARAM free is the solution.
You still get value out of the champions you've unlocked. At least the way I visualize it, you keep the reroll system implemented the same way it is now. This actually provides incentive for frequent ARAM players to unlock all the champions, as they'll generate rerolls faster. As opposed to the current system, where it can actually feel like a bit of a disadvantage to own more champs.

Tundra Fizz

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4T3NCY View Post
Personally, I like the idea of making all champions available in ARAM games, and hope this is something we can eventually take a closer look at to find a healthy solution. ^_-
I have sworn off playing ARAM because playing with or against ARAM accounts is no fun at all, so hopefully this is something Riot will do in the future.

NickOloteon

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izbiz View Post
Just to play Devil's Advocate:

Do you think it's fair that someone who only plays ARAM has access to all Champions while everyone else does not?
You don't OWN the champs.... You just have a 1/119 chance of getting a champ...

There is no devil's advocate for this...

It's not hard to grasp...

L4T3NCY

Lead Designer
Featured Game Mode

07-18-2014
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicGenetix View Post
At the very least if you did ALL champions I feel like the reroll system could be revamped to not make it as frustrating to people like myself as it would seem to be.
You're absolutely right here. The reroll system is one of many facets we would need to revisit before implementing something like this. We agree that simply switching on ALL champs in ARAM with it's current shape, would not feel very good. If/when we do it, we want to do it right. ^.^o

Zielmann

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4T3NCY View Post
You're absolutely right here. The reroll system is one of many facets we would need to revisit before implementing something like this. We agree that simply switching on ALL champs in ARAM with it's current shape, would not feel very good. If/when we do it, we want to do it right. ^.^o
It feels fine on the PBE when the PC Bang rewards are on. Of course, that's not quite the same sample of competition and players I'd see on the live client.

NickOloteon

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tist View Post
I agree, but Riot isn't about to let you play all the champs without $$$. Doesn't ARAM allow you to select the weekly free champs as well?
??? You don't chose the champ ARAM does...

You have a 1/119 chance to get a champ. I doubt if you play 119 games that you will play every champ or even 60% of the champs...