All (not so) Random All Mid

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Oinker

07-18-2014

1st after red

TenSlashTen

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4T3NCY View Post
usa east servers
lag op plz nerf

Anyway, yes I agree.

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2014

I posted my solution to this problem within 1 day of ARAM Launch.

Make the pool of champs be the combined champion pool of all the players in the game. This way it is still random and you are limited by champions that are owned by players, but also everyone is on equal footing.

Zielmann

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraxe View Post
I posted my solution to this problem within 1 day of ARAM Launch.

Make the pool of champs be the combined champion pool of all the players in the game. This way it is still random and you are limited by champions that are owned by players, but also everyone is on equal footing.
All this stuff was discussed in pretty good detail on the PBE discussion boards, well before it even hit live. It was also brought up daily on the HA boards after launch, at least for a while. I got so tired of reading those same topics over and over that I quit going there.

PieCakee

07-18-2014

I think there's gonna be a problem with people who haven't played all the champs and you end up getting like 3 first times on your team OR the enemy team and it's a free win for the other team.

Tortferngatr

07-18-2014

Quote:
Heya guys ^_^/

This is definitely something that is on our radar. We also agree from a design perspective, that ARAM-only accounts manufacture a disingenuous experience, and aren't in the true spirit of ARAM (the "R" stands for Random btw).

Much like the game modes on other maps, certain champs in ARAM trend to being more effective and separate into perceived 'tiers'. The issue is the asymmetrical champ selection experience that 'ARAM-only accounts' create. In all other modes, when picking, you have an equal opportunity to choose champs you want as the other team does. ARAM-only accounts undermine this by giving a statistical advantage of hitting those 'tier champs' compared to other players. Here lies the crux of the unfairness.

Making ALL champions available on ARAM is likely to contribute a net positive to the overall sustainable health of ARAM as a game mode, but there are still many things to consider. There is so much energy and passion from you guys surrounding ARAM, we want to do justice to that spirit and not just pull a trigger without thinking.

Personally, I like the idea of making all champions available in ARAM games, and hope this is something we can eventually take a closer look at to find a healthy solution. ^_-
2.5 year player here.

I mostly play ARAMs now, and I don't want the RP/IP value of the champions I've bought (around 60+) to be negated by all champs becoming free on the main map I now play.

Making it out of the pool of all owned champions every player has (and free week champs)? I'd enjoy that. Having a larger, mode-specific free week for ARAM that ensures each team has a chance to get OP/UP champs? Sure, I'll take that. I'm certainly all for weakening ARAM smurfs.

I just don't think making all champs on ARAM free is the solution.

Pelkrock

07-18-2014

Just like to throw out there I never had much interest in Rammus for a long time bought him on a whim played him once. Drew him in a ARAM and really enjoyed playing him, started to play him a lot now he is one of the few champs that I have invested money into and bought a skin. Might be a great way for Riot to gain income and entice people to purchase new champs with IP or RP.

tist

07-18-2014

I agree, but Riot isn't about to let you play all the champs without $$$. Doesn't ARAM allow you to select the weekly free champs as well?

Hamadriade

07-18-2014

Quote:
snip
Since you are the guy taking care of Featured Game Modes can you please tell us something about those "Ascension" files that came up on the PBE?

OctaSteve

07-18-2014

Quote:
Heya guys ^_^/

This is definitely something that is on our radar. We also agree from a design perspective, that ARAM-only accounts manufacture a disingenuous experience, and aren't in the true spirit of ARAM (the "R" stands for Random btw).

Much like the game modes on other maps, certain champs in ARAM trend to being more effective and separate into perceived 'tiers'. The issue is the asymmetrical champ selection experience that 'ARAM-only accounts' create. In all other modes, when picking, you have an equal opportunity to choose champs you want as the other team does. ARAM-only accounts undermine this by giving a statistical advantage of hitting those 'tier champs' compared to other players. Here lies the crux of the unfairness.

Making ALL champions available on ARAM is likely to contribute a net positive to the overall sustainable health of ARAM as a game mode, but there are still many things to consider. There is so much energy and passion from you guys surrounding ARAM, we want to do justice to that spirit and not just pull a trigger without thinking.

Personally, I like the idea of making all champions available in ARAM games, and hope this is something we can eventually take a closer look at to find a healthy solution. ^_-
I don't see the flaw in enabling all of the Champions for ARAM.

The only block I can think of is coding it right.