A new way to learn the League

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xLessThanThree

07-08-2014

Bump so I can come back to this and take a look at it. Sounds very interesting.

Nebulana

07-08-2014

bookmarking this thread. lol Thanks for the videos!

Steve Flash

07-08-2014

Boop

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Flash View Post
Boop
Boop!

Needs to be the new sound effect for parrrley. It's the sound I make when someone dies to my parley.

The Gamers Army

07-08-2014

How do I handle getting zoned in toplane a lot of the times when I play vs a champion like pantheon he zones me and becomes ahead of me 2+ levels and even after level 6 he still beats me because I would be lower level.. what should I do if I was zoned ? Thanks ! (Should I jungle, should I roam) and what should I do even my jungler doesnt want to gank when he is zoning me and over extending.

Pushover

07-09-2014

Against Pantheon, the biggest tip I can give you is to play defensively and prepare to get harassed a lot. With most champions against Pantheon I will start Cloth 5. You will burn through a lot of pots laning him, but if you just recall before you get too low and he is able to zone you, you will still be able to farm moderately well. Keep bringing health potions back to lane. If he is acting very aggressive, he is very vulnerable to a gank from your jungler, and as long as you have the health to support it, Pantheon lacks any escapes (his ult does not really count as an escape), so the gank should either take his Flash or kill him. Keep yourself healthy, farm what you can safely farm, try to push up if you start to get low or run out of potions, then go back and do it again. Pantheon top tends to fall off once midgame starts if he did not get a significant early lead.

If your jungler doesn't want to gank when Pantheon is overextending, either take the jungle camps while the lane is pushed out, roam mid, etc. Typically if the enemy midlaner does not have good wave clear (such as a Kassadin), I will be happy to just walk into midlane and pressure the tower. Try to trade your top tower for something, whether it be a kill, another tower, or Dragon. Once your own tower is gone, Pantheon will have to go elsewhere (if he can keep pushing top and your team still doesn't want to do anything about him at your second tower, either he is incredibly fed or your team is incredibly bad).

As is pointed out in some of the videos, try to minimize downtime. Standing around in lane, getting zoned is down time, the only reason you might be worried is if the other toplaner can push the lane before you can achieve anything meaningful. By backing out of vision range, you may lose a bit of experience, but the other toplaner needs to make a choice. Did you really leave the lane, meaning he should push the lane and try to take the tower? Or are you just waiting for him to push so you can farm under tower? If he makes the wrong choice, you can reap the benefits of farming a wave or two from the safety of your tower, or enjoying the advantage of an extra player in another lane.

Locoangel

07-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamers Army View Post
How do I handle getting zoned in toplane a lot of the times when I play vs a champion like pantheon he zones me and becomes ahead of me 2+ levels and even after level 6 he still beats me because I would be lower level.. what should I do if I was zoned ? Thanks ! (Should I jungle, should I roam) and what should I do even my jungler doesnt want to gank when he is zoning me and over extending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushover View Post
What Pushovere said From personal experience and a bronze perspective, Pantheon can be one aggressive baker who will shove you out of lane and kinda make you feel useless. As Pushover said, trade your tower for something. I feel its better to go either help your mid lane or bot lane. And I usually leave my lane when its time for a dragon. Or I feel like its time for a dragon? In any case, there is only so much time you can stay in lane before such an enemy will just tower dive you and kill you.

Work with your team to shut him down early; Or try to get as much as you can, reach anywhere between level 6 to level 10 and look for helping out your team. You can easily trade your top tower for a dragon mid or bot lane tower.

But to sum it up:
-Push out minions and go roam/help jungler
-Farm under turret and make sure to proc his passive!
-Cannon minion auto-attack will use up his passive (you can somewhat use that to your advantage)
-Pots! pots! pots! And pop 'em!

Downtime is essentially not gaining gold, experience or any kind of advantage towards victory. Losing one lane is not the end of the world.

And well, let it known to your teammates that you are going to have a hard time against that champion and try to decide on an early game plan. Maybe your jungler will pay extra attention, you will all agree to lose top tower for early dragon control or something else.

Ask not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for your team!
Wow the cheesiness, anyways...

Cheers!

The Harlequin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-10-2014

Bump

Riot Baconhawk

QA Analyst

Follow Riot Baconhawk on Twitter

07-10-2014
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Super cool. I'm going to go watch your guys' stuff. Bbl with feedback.

*sizzles*

The Harlequin

Recruiter

07-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Baconhawk View Post
Super cool. I'm going to go watch your guys' stuff. Bbl with feedback.

*sizzles*
Oh baconhawk... If only you knew.

IF ONLY YOU KNEW...how much bacon I've eaten back when I competed in strength competitions.

On topic; Excuse the cheesiness. We got that more or less sorted out for the videos we'll come out with this weekend. It's just what happens when you take two guys with less than zero entertainmentship and put them on youtube. We'll get there tho. Soon Phreak will be asking me for lessons.

Long live bacon.