Leavers and AFKs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-07-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROMMI View Post
Hey Lyte!

I noticed you mentioned you wanted to allow restarts at the beginning of a match should one member not connect, but not at fourty five minutes.

I think we can all agree that is O.K., why has it not been implemented?

Also, Lyte, please give me a million dollars, ty.
That question is difficult because there's no good answer. For example, players really wanted the Player Behavior team to work on Team Builder, matchmaking, penalty systems, Honor, Tribunal, Team Builder Ranked, Team Builder Co-op vs AI... lots of really cool, awesome features. At the end of the day, we can't do everything at the same time. We have to prioritize, and try to figure out what's the biggest impact feature at any given point in time.

Naelarstrasz

07-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Policecars View Post
You're going to snowball your lane while 1v2'ing thanks to +5-10% gold?
To be frank, give that gold to Yasuo and watch him fly. Or Free Win. Good luck with any jungler now.

Mad Policecars

07-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelarstrasz View Post
To be frank, give that gold to Yasuo and watch him fly. Or Free Win. Good luck with any jungler now.
To be frank, those two will faceroll pretty much everything even if they lost 10% gold.

wapster

07-07-2014

Hey Lyte

make it so this picture is actually true

Name:  leagueoflegends.jpg
Views: 2693
Size:  44.1 KB

Naelarstrasz

07-07-2014

Quote:
To be frank, those two will faceroll pretty much everything even if they lost 10% gold.
Yeah. Now let's bend over the team stuck facing them by making them get MORE gold than normal. -OH BOY-

CommandShockwave

07-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wapster View Post
Hey Lyte

make it so this picture is actually true

Attachment 1009082
This has been getting tossed around a lot lately...

That marketing strategy really backfired, didn't it :|

Mad Policecars

07-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naelarstrasz View Post
Yeah. Now let's bend over the team stuck facing them by making them get MORE gold than normal. -OH BOY-
I know, right!
It's totally not like that's the fault of balance issues with those champions themselves that can be worked on in tandem with the afks issue desu~

Naelarstrasz

07-07-2014

Quote:
I know, right!
It's totally not like that's the fault of balance issues with those champions themselves that can be worked on in tandem with the afks issue desu~

If balance wasn't so horrid at the moment, I'd love the idea, in truth. But Free Win blows up nearly any jungler, Yasuo counters just about every ranged champ there is, and this is with just normal settings. Then to boot, Free Win's early game is beyond stupid, where he can 100-0 dive most champs at level 6.

If these issues with balance weren't ruining the game on normal settings, I'd be loving the idea for gold-tipping on a d/c-affected match.

grimreefa

07-07-2014

since you are performing chemotherapy lyte, why don't you start with the teemo "support" in my last game who built all ad and would not stop taking cs when asked to do so, and his first response to anything i said was "stfu n!ggerb!tch" when i wasn't even being mean or toxic to begin with.

Oh and it was second game of promos after whole team fed first game. It sucks, but I don't mind that quite as much.

**** like this has already caused me to stop spending cash on your game, and it will eventually drive me away from it entirely.

I've had enough.

signed a fed up player.

Jace77

07-07-2014

hey lyte i've got something to pick with ranked in particular (i don't particularly like it because attitudes seem to be worse)

but with 3rd party sites you can find out if someone is up for their promos (last i checked anyway)

has player behavior looked into this affecting games? like, do promos have a higher % afks per game compared to non-promo ranked games?