Leavers and AFKs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicYogurt

07-07-2014

No Lyte stats?

Spexify

07-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Policecars View Post
For every afk you have, all gold gains increase by x%, multiplicatively.
It's far from gamebreaking, but it's something that can be implemented very easily to help balance the scales just a little bit.
pick a snowball champ and you'll just 1v2 or 1v3 because of that .

Saint Mudknot

07-07-2014

Im glad to see this, ive been cursed with 4v5 matches in the past few months. At once point i saw 22/30 games have a leaver of some sort. A lot of rage quitters, a lot of what im assuming to be hardware issues.

On top of the lag spikes, this is one of the more frustrating things in the game.

CommandShockwave

07-07-2014

Wow, it's nice to see a legit response to the suggestion solutions. Good on ya.

2pacEn0t0ri0u3CR

07-07-2014

What about banning for being afk for around 5 minutes because of the game crashing, then being banned for being afk when you weren't?

Rito SurfingNami

07-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

For awhile, there was a team (not Player Behavior) at Riot was working on this feature, but they were taken off to work on some other important issues.
What -$port$ related issue are they working on instead?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-07-2014
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalfugus View Post
Your last thought about the leaverbuster system being changed to harsher penalties, would it be monitoring for a trend? I've had a handful of instances where my internet dropped and I couldn't get back to a game. Have never left intentionally. Would hate to get a crazy penalty for something like that.

Thanks for info, Lyte.
This is where we have to figure out that tight line between what's an intentional leave, versus what's that occasional DC due to a hardware or ISP issue (or random hurricane). I think at the end of the day, our data is much better than when LeaverBuster was originally implemented, so we can better identify patterns. Rest assured, I don't think you'll be impacted.

DarkvolcanReborn

07-07-2014

Why do you make it sound as if dealing with AFK'ers is a smaller project that has to be squeezed in between "bigger ones"
And none of this addresses the issue at hand. Your team puts so many resources into banning a guy who says "stop feeding" meanwhile half my games have had AFKers and trolls the past couple days who seem to go untouched judging from their match histories.

The prioritization on all of this is still all sorts of wrong.

Daedalus871

07-07-2014

I have never had too much trouble with leavers. Mostly just ragers, feeders, and other people who are flat out miserable to play with.

So what I would like to know is why can't I communicate as effectively with my team as I should be able to due to the lack of voice chat? This is a competitive team game that I want to do my best in, and in order to do my best, I have to be able to coordinate with my team.

Imagine a football game where the players had to write everything down in the huddle with no talking allowed.

League isn't quite that bad, but the current communication channels provided are unsatisfactory for a team game that happens in real time.

Mad Policecars

07-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexify View Post
pick a snowball champ and you'll just 1v2 or 1v3 because of that .
You're going to snowball your lane while 1v2'ing thanks to +5-10% gold?