Thanks!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAltairis View Post
Hey Braum! I was the Ashe. http://imgur.com/a/mI3ZG/
that ashe was really well done! gj

Riot Tiki

User Research

3 Weeks Ago
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakezzz View Post
Remind me again why League of Legends is at an anime expo?
A number of folks in our community like to cosplay and like it when others cosplay. Lots of skill and effort go into some of those costumes with pretty awesome results. We like supporting them

Also, fan art there was pretty beast.

Furi Kuri III

3 Weeks Ago

Weebos

Riot Tiki

User Research

3 Weeks Ago
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tiki View Post
A number of folks in our community like to cosplay and like it when others cosplay. Lots of skill and effort go into some of those costumes with pretty awesome results. We like supporting them

Also, fan art there was pretty beast.
Yeah! Saw her walking around, didn't get to chat with her much though. There was also a really well done Heartseeker Ashe costume.

Furi Kuri III

3 Weeks Ago

Did you just respond to yourself???? .__.

Riot Tiki

User Research

3 Weeks Ago
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furi Kuri III View Post
Did you just respond to yourself???? .__.
Yes, I fail

Meant to respond to the person who referenced picture of Ashe. Sorries!

TerraRising

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Awesome!

TerraRising

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakezzz View Post
Remind me again why League of Legends is at an anime expo?
I can answer this, I believe.

Anime Expo is one of the most cosplay-friendly conventions in the United States. As a result, some of the best cosplayers and costume makers come to Anime Expo to show off their wearable art. Many of these cosplayers happen to live in Southern California, Los Angeles in particular.

Since 2012, League of Legends has been one of the most popular cosplay themes at Anime Expo. The Riot Games headquarters is also near Los Angeles (Santa Monica), so it's convenient for the company to show up to support their fans. In fact, at least 50 Rioters, including IronStylus and Rivington, spent time talking and posing for pictures with nearly 200 cosplayers at our big mega gathering last year.

This year, the cosplayers organized two gatherings to accomodate us. Riot, seeing an opportunity, decided to buy booth space at Anime Expo to hand out skin codes, lanyards, and be really awesome to fans and cosplayers alike! It was also super awesome when RiotExLibris invited all of us to pose on stage on Saturday.

That's why, in my opinion, Riot was there.

ShadowCleave212

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
...Dat Ashe!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

3 Weeks Ago
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRising View Post
I can answer this, I believe.

Anime Expo is one of the most cosplay-friendly conventions in the United States. As a result, some of the best cosplayers and costume makers come to Anime Expo to show off their wearable art. Many of these cosplayers happen to live in Southern California, Los Angeles in particular.

Since 2012, League of Legends has been one of the most popular cosplay themes at Anime Expo. The Riot Games headquarters is also near Los Angeles (Santa Monica), so it's convenient for the company to show up to support their fans. In fact, at least 50 Rioters, including IronStylus and Rivington, spent time talking and posing for pictures with nearly 200 cosplayers at our big mega gathering last year.

This year, the cosplayers organized two gatherings to accomodate us. Riot, seeing an opportunity, decided to buy booth space at Anime Expo to hand out skin codes, lanyards, and be really awesome to fans and cosplayers alike! It was also super awesome when RiotExLibris invited all of us to pose on stage on Saturday.

That's why, in my opinion, Riot was there.
Also! Like many conventions that used to be strictly one form of media or another, a lot of modern conventions (Anime Expo, C2E2, ComicCon, Japan Expo, etc) are becoming more and more all-encompassing and welcoming to related forma of media. Those who like anime, video games, comics, and other popular media definitely have overlapping interests. It makes sense for these shows and gatherings to become more umbrella-like in the vendors/exhibitors they attract and the stuff they showcase. I think our idea is that we just want to be where our players are, to be able to interact, to give back and to listen to them directly, wherever that may be.