Undeath, Terror and Acid Hunters: Let's talk Urgot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dhenz

07-06-2014

Meddler, (your probably not gonna read this) what if you made the passive have stacks? It could be a flat 5% and then it stacks up to 3 times making it 15%? Also, if you ever put that stack idea on the passive, what if the Q would deal more damage to a target that is affected by his passive?
(And could you give him some type of mobility on him? Maybe a MS buff on shield?)

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Allowing on hit effects on Acid Hunters would be a pretty sizeable power spike that I suspect would make Triforce or IBG mandatory, not just an option. As a result I'd like to investigate other ways of compensating for Muramana changes if needed.
Here's the problem with this line of argument.

How is your current take on Muramana any different? Are you saying that Manamune isn' practically a must-build for Urgot atm? (same goes for pretty much other mana-intensive AD's like Jayce and Yorick).

I'm still of the opinion that Urgot is too reliant on his E+QQQ combo, especially when his E has 11-15 second cooldown. It's great if he's up against predictable foes, but not so fun if, say...he's up against Yi, Jarvan, or anyone who can jump away given the warning his E provides before actually landing. Great in teamfight situations though.

PS - can Urgot have a new auto-attack projectile for his VU please? Giant green ball of light doesn't really fit him. Too magical looking, nor does it fit the sound effect the attack makes.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

07-06-2014
21 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinCui View Post
What is wrong with havnig Triforce or IBG a mandatory item? An item such as Triforce will supply him with all his essentials (Mana for the potential mana based shield, HP to make him a bit more tanky, movement speed to follow up on enemy's, and crit for this inbetween autos on occasion). Hell, this would allow an item such as Essence to be viable on him.
Urgot's got some interesting build choices at the moment, based on how well you're doing the enemy team and your own playstyle that I'd like to preserve. Making one item mandatory removes that to a substantial degree, especially if it's a first build, expensive item. Additionally I'm also concerned about the about of extra damage that adds to his EQQQ combo which is not where we want to add power.

DSerigale

07-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptarlorr View Post
The scan thing sounds really neat. That does sound like it would give plenty of counterplay and still fit with his theme. Soaking the enemies in your vengeful corrosive charge, I imagine, would feel more satisfying, for Urgot and the player.
Glad you liked it! I also figured it'd be less frustating for both players.
Quote:
But maybe the ult could scan an area(cone, circle, whatever) for a period of time and whomever didn't escape would be a selectable target for Urgot to switch places with, no matter the range. The lock-on would fade after a period of time or distance from the target so Urgot can't sit around and switch whenever.
That seems interesting. It's a way of not suddenly suppressing someone. Counter-play again. Same as what they proposed with the WW rework(A skillshot).That said, I'd really like to have more exploring on the possibilities of his ult in accordance to his theme.

The reason why I made his ult Q-like (in that noob rework) was because I wanted to try and give more options after E,so you could do something like ERQQ,EQRQ,EQQR,ETC.

Also, @Meddler

SweetieBrella

07-06-2014

On a small side note, could you please remove the forced camera shift from using his ultimate? The range is so small it's not like you're ever going to be out of camera once it completes, and the shift just pisses me off, not to mention it disorients me and makes it difficult for me to keep landing acid hunters on my target.

lightdragoon88

07-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Urgot's got some interesting build choices at the moment, based on how well you're doing the enemy team and your own playstyle that I'd like to preserve.

Debuff Urgot.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

07-06-2014
22 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetieBrella View Post
On a small side note, could you please remove the forced camera shift from using his ultimate? The range is so small it's not like you're ever going to be out of camera once it completes, and the shift just pisses me off, not to mention it disorients me and makes it difficult for me to keep landing acid hunters on my target.
That seems worth experimenting with. Other Urgot players - what's your take on the camera reposition?

Genow

07-06-2014

I'm not an urgot player, but that camera reposition sounds very annoying (like when re-spawning redirects the camera to the fountain. It's annoying )

Byerley

07-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
How is your current take on Muramana any different? Are you saying that Manamune isn' practically a must-build for Urgot atm? (same goes for pretty much other mana-intensive AD's like Jayce and Yorick).
Urgot's mana usage isn't nearly as bad as Jayce or Yorick.

I never build tear on support Urgot and you can substitute Iceborn/Frozen Heart and/or a few mana pots depending on the top matchup. Tear can be a huge liability whereas Sheen would be a must-buy first item into either Trinity or Iceborn. Iceborn isn't an uncommon second or third item even without a buff.

Prami

07-06-2014

I feel that Urgot should have his shield automatically refreshed and activated, when he triggers his Ultimate.

It would add some element of tankiness/safety to using an ult (the added ARM/MR simply isn't enough) that puts a squishy AD right in harms way, and the slow would help keep the targeted player from escaping the moment the ult ends (typically less than 1 second).