Undeath, Terror and Acid Hunters: Let's talk Urgot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ptarlorr

07-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSerigale View Post
I remember suggesting the shield scaling off Mana haha.

Anyway, about Urgot's E. Rather than a skillshot, why not make it like a scan-channel ability? Urgot scans the area in a cone front of him and locks onto them. Enemies will be able to interrupt him or move out of range(that is the scan will be visible to both parties) which I believe can count for some form of counter-play. I thought of this when I looked at Urgot's artificial eye and wondered what purpose it had.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4548945

I came up with this rework mostly based on the whole Battle Tank theme. It may or may not have any practicability whatsoever. Give it a read if you fancy.
The scan thing sounds really neat. That does sound like it would give plenty of counterplay and still fit with his theme. Soaking the enemies in your vengeful corrosive charge, I imagine, would feel more satisfying, for Urgot and the player. But maybe the ult could scan an area(cone, circle, whatever) for a period of time and whomever didn't escape would be a selectable target for Urgot to switch places with, no matter the range. The lock-on would fade after a period of time or distance from the target so Urgot can't sit around and switch whenever.

Satimmy95

07-06-2014

At least change Urgot's Q kit into on-hit. Even if Urgot got his strong offensive side, his sustaining is the worst, since he won't be using auto-attack much and his EQ combo is doing 95% of the work, resulting lifesteal being useless. With Q adjusted to on-hit, he would seem fine as many other ADC should be.

Genow

07-06-2014

But why wait till 4.15

Can't you just deploy these now?

Jespoke

07-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Yeah, would definitely want to add some compensatory power somewhere if we go ahead with those changes and they cut significant power off Urgot. Not sure what form that would take yet though, few things such as a the possible mana scaling above, I'd want to look into to help make that decision.
My 5 cents here is the one thing i always miss when choosing my build as Urgot: On-Hit effects on Q. It is not spammed THAT fast, and it works with new Muramana and Essence Reaver. If Lifesteal is too big of a problem on such a tanky thing, giving half effect from lifesteal on Q shouldn't be too complicated right?

A Deadly Amoeba

07-06-2014

Quote:
As above this is an initial set of changes targeted at feel and clean up more than power. Assuming these don't spike his power substantially (think it's unlikely they will, but been wrong before) we'll then look into whether there are some other safe buffs we can throw his way too. To be clear however Urgot's still got some substantial game health issues in his kit so we're not going to just keep throwing raw power at him until he's back to his previous problematic state.
the only way a champion like Urgot will ever pose "game of health issues" to league would be if he had a gapcloser.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

07-06-2014
15 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genow View Post
But why wait till 4.15

Can't you just deploy these now?
Few reasons:

1. These haven't been tested yet
2. This isn't necessarily a final change list, odds are high that more will be added and/or something will get removed
3. We're currently focusing on things that will go into the patch or patches that the upcoming regionals, and then worlds, will be played on. As a result our priority when it comes to game balance/champion updates right now is to work on champions that are either too dominant and played all the time or close, but not quite, effective enough and just need a small amount of help.

Edit: Clarified point 3.

Elsantrich

07-06-2014

I can assure you, this all matters far more than 1/4 of America being ignored since launch.

Hellioning

07-06-2014

Quote:
3. We're currently focusing on things that will go into the patch or patches that the upcoming regionals, and then worlds, will be played on. As a result our priority is to work on champions that are either too dominant and played all the time or close, but not quite, effective enough and just need a small amount of help.
Riot confirmed for focusing on esports over the rest of the game.

I mean, I'm mostly joking, but that does explain the random Ahri buffs.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

07-06-2014
16 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmanj View Post
one thing i have always been curious about with urgot is why is he unable to proc on hit effects with acid hunter. this would open so many different avenues for him. however there would need to be some major damage tweaks on the ability if this happened. The biggest abuse case would ultimately be triforce and iceborn gauntlet. However if the muramana changes went through this might be a perfect change to maintain his much needed late game damage.
Allowing on hit effects on Acid Hunters would be a pretty sizeable power spike that I suspect would make Triforce or IBG mandatory, not just an option. As a result I'd like to investigate other ways of compensating for Muramana changes if needed.

Buboniic

07-06-2014

I thought this was an entirely new thread, I was like "Woah, next year?" then realized it is next year !