Undeath, Terror and Acid Hunters: Let's talk Urgot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cis7v0

06-17-2014

w remove passive slow. make it so that his next q does more damage and a % of damage dealt is returned to the shield. (so lets say he uses his shield. the shield will pop. his next q will do more damage and a % damage will be added onto the shield. so he will only have the stronger q for like 2-3 seconds before it goes away/he uses it. so basicly, he has a shield but can get a stronger one by landing a q)(the q will have a smaller hitbox, not much smaller though. it'll be a skinnier, deadly q)

champs now affected by e are slowed(similar ratios to the slow he has now. maybe a bit lower) but the slow diminishes over time. q does less damage but has a DoT effect. e does more damage when it lands but doesnt have DoT and armor shred is lowered slightly. initial damage from a locked on q will go down the farther away the target is.

Anabiel

06-17-2014

This thread has been around for a long while now, and I don't feel like going through 98 pages to see if this has been brought up, but I love Urgot's kit.

I'm sure people will agree with me when I say that his ult is very out of play with the rest of his kit and with his general role; as said, he's a tank, in the literal sense, but if you were on a battlefield and you thought "Let's air drop one of our most powerful tanks into the entire enemy ranks" I would severely question how you got the job.

The other thing I see a lot while playing is that even with a landed E and W on, you will only be able to land so many Q's before they are out of range, assuming they're running.

This happens for 2 reasons; 1, the slow on his W is not very reliable, the shield health isn't very high, and the slow amount is also not very high, and 2, his Q stops him for a fraction of a second when casting, similar to basic attacks.

You could go multiple ways to fix this with varying success and varying strength. The one I would prefer is something like making basic attacks and Q casts not stop Urgot from moving, or simply just Q casts, possibly only working when they're affected by his E. Considering that his Q's lock on regardless, I see no reason that he need to stop to fire his Q while they're locked on; they'll go right to them regardless, no need to really aim.

You could also tweak the shield health and slow amount, or increase Urgot's base MS, since being a typically ADC role champ who uses a single spell for the majority of his damage, he gains little to no bonuses from AS and crit chance, which are also effects given from most MS items, buying these items in place of on hit effects or flat damage would severely weaken him.

TenDz

07-02-2014

Hey we got a new splash!!
that's something I suppose

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

07-05-2014
9 of 24 Riot Posts

Hey all.

Long delayed update here and a change of plans. My original hope had been that we'd be able to rework Urgot's gameplay without needing substantial art support. That's proven to be too optimistic however, with the sort of changes we'd like to make including some new skills and other functionality changes that need animation, spell effects, sound and potentially model changes. Urgot is on our list for such a full rework, that's a ways off though (Sion's up next for major reworks, and we've been tentatively discussing Poppy as an option for after that, though that's not yet certain). As a result the new plan's to do some much shorter term work on Urgot that, while it won't fix everything, should help out on some of his issues and get him into a better spot until we're free to do larger scale work on him.

That shorter term work's potentially going to be split into a couple of patches. The first (and I'm guessing that would be around patch 4.15, though not certain on that yet) focusing on some general cleanup and quality of life, with a possible follow up set of changes to add in a bit more power if appropriate.

Tentative list of changes we're looking at for that first patch (note, not yet in testing, so may well change):

General

• Basic attack missile speed increased to 1600 (from 1300)
    - Given Urgot's short attack range a more responsive auto attack's appropriate for the risk he's often putting himself in
  • Recommended item update
  • Some minor visual effects clean up

Q
  • Acid Hunters now check for Noxian Corrosive Charge on both start and end of Acid Hunter cast
    - Currently only checks at start of cast, penalizing swift follow up shots after firing the E at long range and attempts to sneak in a final homing shot as Noxian Corrosive Charge is close to expiring)
  • Mana cost increased to 50 (from 40), half mana cost refunded on kill
    - Primary goal here is to punish Urgot less for last hitting with Acid Hunters when he needs to. Slight increase in cost to maintain a bit more harass cost, though still aiming to have this be a net buff to Urgot's mana usage.

R

• CD reduced to 120/110/100 (from 120)
    - Adding a bit of late game power, without increasing his potential lane bully case
  • Mana cost reduced to 100 (from 120)
    - Standardization with standard ult mana cost

MajinCui

07-05-2014

Just need a clarification here--will the mana cost refund even on minion kills?

EDIT:

check this out please

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...php?p=48289383

A Deadly Amoeba

07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Hey all.

Long delayed update here and a change of plans. My original hope had been that we'd be able to rework Urgot's gameplay without needing substantial art support. That's proven to be too optimistic however, with the sort of changes we'd like to make including some new skills and other functionality changes that need animation, spell effects, sound and potentially model changes. Urgot is on our list for such a full rework, that's a ways off though (Sion's up next for major reworks, and we've been tentatively discussing Poppy as an option for after that, though that's not yet certain). As a result the new plan's to do some much shorter term work on Urgot that, while it won't fix everything, should help out on some of his issues and get him into a better spot until we're free to do larger scale work on him.

That shorter term work's potentially going to be split into a couple of patches. The first (and I'm guessing that would be around patch 4.15, though not certain on that yet) focusing on some general cleanup and quality of life, with a possible follow up set of changes to add in a bit more power if appropriate.

Tentative list of changes we're looking at for that first patch (note, not yet in testing, so may well change):

General
    - Given Urgot's short attack range a more responsive auto attack's appropriate for the risk he's often putting himself in

Q
  • Acid Hunters now check for Noxian Corrosive Charge on both start and end of Acid Hunter cast
    - Currently only checks at start of cast, penalizing swift follow up shots after firing the E at long range and attempts to sneak in a final homing shot as Noxian Corrosive Charge is close to expiring)
    - Primary goal here is to punish Urgot less for last hitting with Acid Hunters when he needs to. Slight increase in cost to maintain a bit more harass cost, though still aiming to have this be a net buff to Urgot's mana usage.

R

- Adding a bit of late game power, without increasing his potential lane bully case
great job buddy, maybe those buffs will bump him up to a 42% winrate.

ViolentDuck

07-05-2014

Quote:
Hey all.

General

Q

R

Uhm...These don't look like good changes...It's not mana or cd's where he's lacking, it's his entire kit and base stats that are lacking..

A Deadly Amoeba

07-05-2014

urgot current winrate: 40.77%

Rework:

attack range: 350
his regular autos are now the acid hunter animation
his plasma cannon is his Q now

Passive

Unholy Machinery
Urgot's autoattacks do not apply on-hit effects. Urgot accelerates in movement speed the longer he is in combat
2 seconds -> 5% bonus
5 seconds -> 7% bonus
10+ seconds -> 10% bonus

Q

Plasma Hunter
Urgot fires a missile toward the cursor that deals physical damage based on how far he is from his target. Urgot can deal up to 50% more damage with plasma hunter the closer he is to his target.

Missile-lock can be achieved by holding the cursor over a target afflicted by Noxian Corrosive Charge.

applies on-hit effects

Cost 40 mana
Cooldown 4/3.5/3/2.5/2 seconds
Range 1200

W

Terror Capacitor
Urgot charges up his terror capacitor to gain a shield that absorbs damage for 5 seconds [no AP ratio/1.0 bonus AD rati]. Upon activation, grants urgot 12/14/16/18/20% armor penetration which persists even if the shield is broken.

Cost 100/110/120/130/140 mana
Cooldown 10 seconds

E

Noxian Corrosive Charge
Urgot launches a Corrosive Charge at a target location. Enemies afflicted by the charge have their are stunned for one second and take physical damage over 5 seconds.

Acid Hunter is able to missile-lock onto targets affected by Noxian Corrosive Charge.

Cost 100/95/90/85/80 mana
Cooldown 11 seconds
Range 1100

R

Masochistic Energy

Urgot charges his machinery momentarily for 2 seconds reducing movement speed by half and disabling abilities, granting him special effects:

Urgot's autoattacks become chainsaws, dealing 10% of the total damage as true damage over 5 seconds, leaving a trail of blood that slows enemy movement speed in it's path.
Plasma hunters ministun the target.

Passive effect:
Urgot gains 12/16/20% spellvamp

Cost 100 mana, 100/200/300 health
Cooldown 90/80/70 seconds

estimated winrate after rework: 47.82%

thank me for doing your work meddler

Pro Anïvïa

07-05-2014

Quote:
garbage
not sure whats worse, the fact that these changes are all that came of the months of thinking or that you actually think giving urgot the change that threw GP in the trash can is a buff.

Siachi

07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentDuck View Post
Uhm...These don't look like good changes...It's not mana or cd's where he's lacking, it's his entire kit and base stats that are lacking..
I don't think these are final changes though, more of a patch-up until they get the full thing out. Definately not going to get him out of 'Urgot tier', but I personally am terrified of the thought of an Urgot with even DECENT numbers on his current kit.

EDIT: Bearing in mind, I don't play Urgot as much as some of his fans do, so I can't give a valid response as to how good/bad the change in Q's mana is (Keeping in mind that this is more of a 'patch-up' than the final rework)