@Xelnath @Meddler Lets talk Hecarim

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajinCui

07-05-2014

Hello @Xelnath and @Meddler, I believe it has been long over due for a discussion about our friendly pony Hecarim. Hecarim is currently holding what we'd all consider a moderately low "winrate" ~48%. However, when we look at Hecarim a little more in-depth, he is in quite a bad scenario. I'll keep everything brief in this post, and if
you guys need anymore explanation, I'd gladly help.

STATS:
I feel that Hecarim's base movement speed needs a buff. For being the "fastest" champ in SR, he isn't competing to our friends Yasuo, Master Yi, and Pantheon. I say putting him to the top tier in movement speed or even greater would match his identity for being a speedy pony.

PASSIVE: Warpath
Awesome on paper, Hecarim gets stronger as he gets faster! However, the main of AD provided by this passive is miniscual throughout the game. Ranging from .5AD-25AD. The only greatly beneficial aspect of this passive is ignoring unit collision.

Q: Rampage
First off, I love this skill on Hecarim, especially when URF was up and was able to helicopter through SR. But what is lacking here is the early game damage. On its first level up, Rampage does less damage than an auto attack from Hecarim and requires a hefty amount of Mana if used repeatedly. I understand that this skill is an AOE, but come on, poor pony isn't able to use this skill to it's full potential with current Mana cost, even in late games he still requires a blue buff. I feel a buff to the early game base damage on this skill is required as well as a flat Mana amount throughout the game.

W: Spirit of Dread
The current issue with Hec's W is it's absurd CD and low cap on minions/monsters. I feel buffing this skill alone will greatly assist Hec's issues in clearing the jungle. At the moment, Hecarim has an awful first clear and must either risk ganking with fairly low hp, or go b and burning up the double buffs at base. Lowering both the CD and cap on healing on minions/monsters will severely help him in his troubles of early game clearing until he has a Spirit Stone.

E: Devastating Charge
Alright, so this is how our Hecarim is going to engage on the enemy through level 1-5, and after that it is up to the Summoner to decide if using his E or R would be necessary for an engage. Here is what I like so far about this skill: It is capable of disrupting pesky Kat and other channels, it increases his damage on his passive, and is a great initiator. The only issue I really have is it's cooldown. I sometimes find myself using the skill to gank one lane, and then having to either farm or wait and camp to gank another lane. Especially late game where most champs have there stuns on ~8 seconds (Hello Elise) that last longer than Hec's.

R: Onslaught of Shadows

Skill is fine tyvm rito.
Good cc, and engagement from this skill.

Let me know if you need any clarification.
Thx

EDIT: Looks like there are some changes to Hecarim's Q, but it seems that it is more oriented for mid/late game. Lowering the mana cost on his Q late game is still not going to help him in his vulnerable state early game. It is a good thing to see that Hecarim has attracting the attention to some red out there, however, I'd like to see more done to our friendly pony.

MajinCui

07-05-2014

Must I post another "Mods are asleep" in order to grab a red's attention?

Bump

MajinCui

07-05-2014

bump Meddler is lurking upon these parts.

Overlord Malz

07-05-2014

I need results, bamp

seireikhaan

07-05-2014

My biggest issue with pony right now is that two of his skills don't feel rewarding to level up. His Q scales fine, his E scales fine. But gaining an extra 10 magic damage/second and 1 second off the cooldown of W feels freakin' terrible. The biggest reason to leveling it is to increase the pitiful minion and monster camp on healing. Either reverse one of the cooldown nerfs or the healing nerfs and I'd actually consider leveling the skill 2nd again.

Additionally, his ult scales horribly into late game. It adds 100 magic damage, which becomes increasingly irrelevant as people procure MR and supports buy Mikael's for priority targets. Give some added utility so his ult is actually *good* late game by increasing the fear for ranking. 1/1.25/1.5 would be fine and wouldn't break him, imo

MajinCui

07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
My biggest issue with pony right now is that two of his skills don't feel rewarding to level up. His Q scales fine, his E scales fine. But gaining an extra 10 magic damage/second and 1 second off the cooldown of W feels freakin' terrible. The biggest reason to leveling it is to increase the pitiful minion and monster camp on healing. Either reverse one of the cooldown nerfs or the healing nerfs and I'd actually consider leveling the skill 2nd again.

Additionally, his ult scales horribly into late game. It adds 100 magic damage, which becomes increasingly irrelevant as people procure MR and supports buy Mikael's for priority targets. Give some added utility so his ult is actually *good* late game by increasing the fear for ranking. 1/1.25/1.5 would be fine and wouldn't break him, imo
The new Machete doesn't help him either with his healing issues in the jungle. The health he received from Machete AA provided him with some additional sustain.

I feel his ult is a strong initiator that goes well with an E to the enemy adc. However, I do see what you mean with the lackluster duration of his fear.

MajinCui

07-05-2014

bump

MajinCui

07-05-2014

another bump

MajinCui

07-05-2014

Meddler is lurking around here.

MajinCui

07-05-2014

bumpo