We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B3ER

06-26-2014

Dear @RiotForScience,

First off I'd like to thank you for all your efforts to communicate with us.
Second, I'd like to inquire about the Baron landscape destruction. Fact of the matter is that its kinda hard to notice unless you're specifically looking for it. Yes, there are some cracks here and there, but it doesn't do it convincingly. Now, I'm not suggesting it to be a barren wasteland or a creepy forest like TT, but I think there should be something more to scare away anyone who wanders into the Rift.

Examples:
- broken sets of armor lodged into the wall of the Baron pit from previous adventurers
- critters and animals refusing the inhabit the west side
- walls of baron corroded from his acid attacks

What are your thoughts on this?

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

07-03-2014
73 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ER View Post
Dear @RiotForScience,

First off I'd like to thank you for all your efforts to communicate with us.
Second, I'd like to inquire about the Baron landscape destruction. Fact of the matter is that its kinda hard to notice unless you're specifically looking for it. Yes, there are some cracks here and there, but it doesn't do it convincingly. Now, I'm not suggesting it to be a barren wasteland or a creepy forest like TT, but I think there should be something more to scare away anyone who wanders into the Rift.

Examples:
- broken sets of armor lodged into the wall of the Baron pit from previous adventurers

What are your thoughts on this?

Great ideas. It is definitely not too late to incorporate that type of detail.

Rastamon Ganja

07-03-2014

hello @RiotForScience

I play on the live server from 30 fps to around 55 fps, usually hovers around 45 fps on full settings. However, on the PBE on the new Summoners Rift map up to the 5-10 minute mark i get 60 fps but after the 5-10 minute mark my fps drops down to 5-20 fps. I'm not sure if this is from bugs and being on the PBE server or what. But the new Summoner rift map will be unplayable for me when it comes out. I am on getting a new pc but it will be around a year before i can get one. Not sure if i should have posted this here or on the PBE forum. Any suggestions? Is this something that is being looked at?

Thanks!

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Great ideas. It is definitely not too late to incorporate that type of detail.
In advance, can we not see or hear about any more articles/devblogs/vids where you're constantly mentioning the damn 4-quadrant jungle?

Don't get me wrong, at first I was like "oh thats kinda cool". But now you people are just harping on and trying to act like it's the entire reason you can get away with lackluster ground textures and ripping out small details.

I'd personally like to see more smaller details. Bring some flowers back not just for the green lush jungle, bring back some lillypads in the river. Just something.
Visually the map looks nicer, but it's also blander and I hate that just for 'clarity' (which honestly didn't feel like an issue as is), you kind of stole LoL's feel away.

EGOtyst

07-03-2014

@RiotForScience

I have posted this a few times, but it has never seen traction:

Dragon Pit needs a gold/jewels hoarde. This trope is practically canon with dragons, and fits in perfectly with LoL mechanics/purpose (the dragon is a large objective solely meant to give your team gold).

It gives you a visual reason to attack the dragon in the first place. "Why do I want to attack this bad*ss, giant dragon? Oh, right: that pile of fat gold behind him. Let's get it on."

Please add a treasure hoarde to the art asset of the dragon pit.

Shmookpup

07-03-2014

@Ritoforscience

I have some proposed changes for turrets and Baron's basic attack.
They both share 1 thing in common, very thin projectiles. Turret attacks look very small and ticklish in the PBE atm. Same goes for Baron's basic attack.

These projectiles should be thick and deadly, making you consider attacking these objectives.

A proposed change for towers is that since they have a warmup, make the projectiles get larger as they warm up.

Hopefully you read this, ilu.

manuscelerdei

07-03-2014

@RIOTFORSCIENCE
quote:
Examples:

if you are going to go with the broken items motif, you should totally go with deleted items from the game. i mean, innervating locket, priscillas, etc... scattered around the baron pit. If the shop characters can have Infinity Edge or something obvious like that, I would hope the broken stuff in the baron pit would be similarly identifiable.

Shmookpup

07-03-2014

Bump.

For Science.

GodKilleR 999

07-04-2014

@RiotForScience: So I'm a bit baffled that this wasn't fixed with the SR VU, but here goes the golems (krugs) aren't properly mirrored. If you're going away from your nexus on blue side lane you'll meet the little one first and if you're purple you'll meet the big one.

http://imgur.com/4lxQnj8,KbHD3p4#0
http://imgur.com/4lxQnj8,KbHD3p4#1

I'd recommend changing up blue side to mirror purple when you're doing a clear and you're lets say Mundo and throw your long range dmg spell you'll want to hit the big one first since he's the one you'll target first (for most junglers anyway).

GodKilleR 999

07-04-2014

For clarity sake the hp of enemy structures should be visible as they regen.