<Counter>How to Kill Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tweek Tweakk

12-18-2010

This guide will teach you how to kill Ashe the frost archer.

Ashe is extremely good at harassing and enemy with her slows and crits.
When an ashe is out of mana she cannot spam her abilities at you, but she can still throw a few quick arrows your way. I recommend getting armor if your finding it hard to survive against her. Also when you lane against and Ashe make sure you stand behind your minions to reduce the risk of being hit by her volley.

Ashe is extremely squishy and can be taken down in a matter of hits. The problem with that is she makes it hard for you to get near her. The best way to get close to an ashe is to run towards her, then jump to a side so that you can dodge her w, when u see her start standing and aiming you run to a side to dodge her ultimate, but sometimes an ashe will use smartcast to ult u, meaning u always need to be careful and ready to dodge. After that you should be close enough to strike her down.
Another way of taking an ashe down is to play it sneaky and set up a gank. Try luring her into a bush, by doing this u reduce the distance between you both, this can be a great advantage to a melee champ. To successfully lure Ashe you must have something that he would want to get u for. Maybe have a low life ally run out and back into the bush that many of your allies are standing in.

When trying to escape and Ashe you'll find that her q makes it near impossible. To break out of this infinite slow you must turn a corner, maybe run into the jungle and through bushes so that she cannot base attack you, then as soon as the slow effect goes away you can easily run away.

Ashe is a tough champ to counter, and i myself don't know how i actually do it half the time. I find that mercury treads helps to reduce the duration of her slows and reduces the dmg of her ult and w.

The only real way to counter an ashe is to have some sort of cc that can get you close to her.
A proper ashe will always try to keep u at a distance. Even coming from behind her can help u kill her.
But always dodge the ult. A silence can stop her from slowing you and can even stop her ult from getting you.

Some good champs to counter ashe are burst damage champs such as:
- AP Poppy.
- Kassadin
- Annie
- Ryze
- Basically any champ that can down someone in a few seconds.

Ashe can easily be killed by Melee champs with an ability to get close and disable and enemy.

Xin Zhao is a good example. His e allows him to slow and get close to the enemy and he can keep her close using his q and he can even down her quickly with his abilities used in a quick combination.

Thanks for reading the guide.
Please tell me if i should add anything else.

Forty Bass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2010

when you see her standing and aiming. most Ashe's can cast the ult with Smartcast in a 1v1 with out stopping so you allways need to be ready to dodge it.

Tweek Tweakk

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty Bass View Post
when you see her standing and aiming. most Ashe's can cast the ult with Smartcast in a 1v1 with out stopping so you allways need to be ready to dodge it.
oh yeh forgot bout the smartcast. Thanks i'll add that.

CrusaderAntonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2010

There are two particular ways I like to counter Ashe.

1) Play Kassadin. High mobility, high burst. Kill the squishies.

2) Play AP Poppy. Make Ashe go splat. Other squishy things too.

Really though, Ashe is a squishy carry. She stays safe by staying at range and slowing people who try to come near enough to hurt her. Good counters to Ashe (and other squishy ranged carries) are nukers like Kass, Poppy, Annie, etc. Also, melee champs with an initiation skill like Xin Zhao or Jax are able to negate the range advantage and bring the hurt.

RoflTroll

12-18-2010

Silence makes her a lot easier to kill.

Sure stun will work too, but most silence effects last longer than stun.

Tweek Tweakk

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderAntonius View Post
There are two particular ways I like to counter Ashe.

1) Play Kassadin. High mobility, high burst. Kill the squishies.

2) Play AP Poppy. Make Ashe go splat. Other squishy things too.

Really though, Ashe is a squishy carry. She stays safe by staying at range and slowing people who try to come near enough to hurt her. Good counters to Ashe (and other squishy ranged carries) are nukers like Kass, Poppy, Annie, etc. Also, melee champs with an initiation skill like Xin Zhao or Jax are able to negate the range advantage and bring the hurt.
K thanks i added it.

Tweek Tweakk

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflTroll View Post
Silence makes her a lot easier to kill.

Sure stun will work too, but most silence effects last longer than stun.
Yeh i added it, but a stun can make sure she doesnt run away. Ashe has a high movement speed and most ashes will equip a phantom dancer making them even faster. So usually a stun and slow will make sure u can chase when she runs.

MatrimC

Recruiter

05-04-2011

As an Ashe main, I recently found myself against a wall that was Katarina. She had the thrown daggers of her ult and her Q to keep up with my range, and shunpo was devastating when ever I got below half health.

I also tend to ask for a lane swap if I ever see LeBlanc. Even with a tanky build on Ashe, I cant hold against LeBlanc`s burst combo very well, and a tanky Ashe is almost a waste of her abilities.

but yeah, run lots, cause she is queen of the chase. Pair her with another stun like Ryze and HooBoy are you in trouble.

evo17

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADLEY16G View Post
I find that mercury treads helps to reduce the duration of her slows and reduces the dmg of her ult and w.
Just FYI, Ashe's W is physical dmg, so Merc's don't reduce the damage taken

Ludak021

05-05-2011

Take Olaf, come in range with ashe, press R, press W when in melee range, press E. Done.
Next.