i need some real advice.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SKYIINET

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner Arnold View Post
thank you very much for the idea. i live in a place where walking to places is a bit rough but it does give me some ideas!
Also works for every day middle/high class American heads of households. It's like when you find a wild pokemon, and you attempt to catch it with a great ball, but it's higher than level 40.

Just ask anyone who looks like they own a business/company. Ask if they can refer you.

Tanner Arnold

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYIINET View Post
Also works for every day middle/high class American heads of households. It's like when you find a wild pokemon, and you attempt to catch it with a great ball, but it's higher than level 40.

Just ask anyone who looks like they own a business/company. Ask if they can refer you.
yeah i suppose at this point anything is worth a shot :P

Rob McSwagger

06-27-2014

Quote:
at this point i'd like to get a part time job and look into some sort of higher education i think.
Sounds good. Once again the website to apply for finacial aid is fafsa.ed.gov.

The FAFSA is completely FREE, if you get asked to pay to apply for it you're in the wrong place.

Depending on your family's income, you may be able to get enough FA to completely cover the cost of tuition at a community college. A part time job will still help you to afford books and stuff.

Good luck buddy! I hope everything works out for you.

EDIT: fixed the link. Sorry!

Tanner Arnold

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob McSwagger View Post
Sounds good. Once again the website to apply for finacial aid is www.fafsa.org.

The FAFSA is completely FREE, if you get asked to pay to apply for it you're in the wrong place.

Depending on your family's income, you may be able to get enough FA to completely cover the cost of tuition at a community college. A part time job will still help you to afford books and stuff.

Good luck buddy! I hope everything works out for you.
Thank you very much for all the help! never even knew about the fafsa :P

Tanner Arnold

06-27-2014

i'm heading to bed for the night but if you have anything to add to this forum please post it. anything could help!

Kloroform

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2014

I was actually in an extremely similar situation. Rather than College or a University I looked into Trade School. Finished it in 6 months, though it was pricey, and began working immediately, luckily I was a regular at a location I could work at. At 20 I make more than most people coming out of College, and have a Promotion coming down the line in my field of work most College Applicants who come into our staff take years to get. If you have a passion and want to work in particular field, check out Trade Schools, it saved my future career and gave me an AWESOME step forward! Hope it helps!

Rob McSwagger

06-27-2014

Quote:
Thank you very much for all the help! never even knew about the fafsa :P
I just checked the link and I gave you the wrong one.

It's actually https://fafsa.ed.gov/

Sorry for the misinformation buddy!

Mr Tulkas

06-27-2014

Your life take responsibility for it. I was in a situation like yours somewhat. Screw the negativity that your aunts and uncles are giving you. Getting an education is super important there are tons of opportunities for someone to get an education out there even if you have to work while you are taking classes

Free Gray Screen

06-27-2014

You're still young enough where you should be enjoying life, but old enough to where you should start learning some responsibilities.

If you have a car, try to get a part time job as a pizza delivery guy, and start looking into financial help for school. Delivering pizzas is a cake job, and yet you can make pretty good money doing it. Once you start school, it will be pretty easy to schedule that job around it.

Good luck.

Cedriel

Country Manager Chile

06-27-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

College is a very expensive proposition. Before you make a choice on whether to attend, try to figure out what a job that required that degree would earn you and how much you would end up in debt after ~4 years of study. Student debt can cost you $1k a month or more just in interest.

What you can do today, for free, is learn stuff that you're good at over the internet. Riot has hired amazing people who taught themselves programming without ever attending college, for instance. If you apply yourself to learning a technical/practical field with all that free time, you can make a great future for yourself.