New Headhunter Cait... Pls Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexss

3 Weeks Ago

Rename it to Alien head caitlyn

t4tNoFp4Ve

3 Weeks Ago

Or just give us the HH Cait concept that has been shown several times in other threads

now THAT looked pretty good

FredbirD

3 Weeks Ago

I think it's a good skin, personally.

I feel it isn't inappropriate for new skins to display a different perspective of each champion and this skin does exactly that. If you prefer, for example, Officer Caitlyn then buy that skin and use it and if I prefer Headhunter Caitlyn I should be entitled to using that skin whether or not it correlates with her initial lore or not.

Riot works hard to create new skins and, although we may not care for one versus the other, another player may feel differently in that regard.

BattleBootyRiven

3 Weeks Ago

Pls reds go with this guy!!!!! Shes from piltover and has no futuristic skin!!!

Immortal Strife

3 Weeks Ago

Or goodness that screen shot concept skin at the bottom looks awful. As someone who has bought a ridiculous amount of skins I can safely say I would not pick that alien looking skin up. I much prefer the Riot HH skin-though the hat is a bit derpy.

Riot Whist

Associate Animator

3 Weeks Ago
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlLilybellelxl View Post
They've tried defending it by saying "BIG BOOBS and MINI SKIRTS DEFINE CAITLYN"

My intent when I made the post you're referring to was not that it is what defines Caitlyn, rather it was pointing out that base Caitlyn also has a boob window and a skirt on. I later posted in that thread to confirm that yes her main reads are hat and gun and I was just responding to mention of the other things. That post was intended to provide context and reasons for those elements appearing in the skin.

Everybody working on the skin is pretty happy to see Caitlyn a bit more armored up - she feels more badass and powerful. I think the version we have now will make a lot of players who took issue with it happy.

For a little extra context on it:
She lost armor in production as we worked on ways to make sure she was still readable as Caitlyn (her legs and arms became more bare for the color contrast to help the gun pop). We're changing her because we do agree with the complaints she is getting, exposing skin to make the gun pop was, in the end, not the only way to make her read correctly.

And this is why we have PBE, it's not just for balance changes. We want this feed back so we can fix red flags before the skins go on sale. We are extremely open to community opinion and I hope the skin update helps prove that.

I'm also working to try to better word posts in the future so players can more easily understand my points and not accidentally take it out of context.

FoolyCool

3 Weeks Ago

Really wish the weird alien thing on her head would be removed. If it was, she would look 10x better.

CrimsonCzar

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
My intent when I made the post you're referring to was not that it is what defines Caitlyn, rather it was pointing out that base Caitlyn also has a boob window and a skirt on. I later posted in that thread to confirm that yes her main reads are hat and gun and I was just responding to mention of the other things. That post was intended to provide context and reasons for those elements appearing in the skin.

Everybody working on the skin is pretty happy to see Caitlyn a bit more armored up - she feels more badass and powerful. I think the version we have now will make a lot of players who took issue with it happy.

For a little extra context on it:
She lost armor in production as we worked on ways to make sure she was still readable as Caitlyn (her legs and arms became more bare for the color contrast to help the gun pop). We're changing her because we do agree with the complaints she is getting, exposing skin to make the gun pop was, in the end, not the only way to make her read correctly.

And this is why we have PBE, it's not just for balance changes. We want this feed back so we can fix red flags before the skins go on sale. We are extremely open to community opinion and I hope the skin update helps prove that.

I'm also working to try to better word posts in the future so players can more easily understand my points and not accidentally take it out of context.
This is just my opinion but HH Cait doesn't look thematically right when compared to HH Yi and HH Nid. I'm all for giving champs new skins, but if this one goes live, please change it's name from HH to something else.
And to clarify on the thematic this, HH Yi and Nid look more primal, naturish and predator like. While HH Cait looks like she got dressing tips from Judge Dredd and Robocop, then decided to whorify the outfit. To surmise, it looks too techy and not really HH worthy.

ItsNegator

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCzar View Post
This is just my opinion but HH Cait doesn't look thematically right when compared to HH Yi and HH Nid. I'm all for giving champs new skins, but if this one goes live, please change it from a HH skin to something else.
And to clarify on the thematic this, HH Yi and Nid look more primal, naturish and predator like. While HH Cait looks like she got dressing tips from Judge Dredd and Robocop, then decided to whorify the outfit. To surmise, it looks too techy and not really HH worthy.
I definitely think it fits the Headhunter theme since the Headhunter theme is without question a reference to the Predator film series. And each skin has had some tie in to a pretty iconic Predator weapon, minus Yi.

HH Nidalee has the Predator javelin. HH Rengar has the wrist blades/helm/dreads/fishnets/Trophy skull (And really, Rengar himself is very Predator themed as Kha'zix is Alien themed.)

HH Caitlyn is clearly a representation of the Predator Plasma Caster with her gun and the beam targeting.

Ironically, I think HH Yi is the least thematic fit.

MackleDoge

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Whist View Post
-snip-
And what about the community opinion that there isn't anything wrong with some skins having some skin shown? I think its just a little bit ridiculous how people are managing to combine offensive statements like "Riot is showing skin so they are trying to make champions ****ty" with the political correct garbage that is "female champions can be strong without showing skin, why is Riot being sexist". What's sexist is these people complaining defining a character skin by how much skin is shown. It isn't an issue to begin with. There isn't anything immoral or wrong about a female champion showing skin, can we please stop catering to these people?