Voice Chat Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverthane

4 Weeks Ago

those are quite the unexpected results...although i wish you guys had an option for it still. like Dota 2 or curse voice. i personally have found nice ppl using the programs. only had 1 weirdo who was mean and i do agree that they curse more and are racist.

BFNASmurf

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando Yi View Post
good reason to not have voice chat with strangers

-Snip-
OH MY F*CKING GOD, MY SIDES. Lol...

Odin216

4 Weeks Ago

My question is why would you associate people who said they dont care about talking to strangers as a negative? If someone asked me that and I replied with, "I don't care." I would be trying to convey that yeah I'd do that it doesn't matter to me if I haven't met them before.

Kira Onime

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckaChucka View Post
Which is perfectly fine. You don't HAVE to use voice chat or listen to anyone else use it. I just dont see why people want to essentially ruin it for others that would get good use out of it and enjoy using it.

Don't waste resources on a system that can be nullified very easily.

I'd rather have Riot spend their resources on something allot more useful............

..... say east coast servers.

NuckaChucka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loken Stoneheart View Post
I personally don't want voice chat. I don't want to deal with dividing the communication on a team (text/voice chat. All have to be using the same one, else you're dividing communication).

Ever been playing LoL with a 4 man premade, and you're all in skype? Remember how you never tell that other guy whats going on, and completely ignore his existence because you're all in your skype group together?
Yeah, thats what this is going to turn into.

Curse Voice isn't allowed because they won't properly change their program to fit the guidelines Riot set for 3rd party modifications as they specified, so negotiations to fix this are on-going, so to speak.
Its not banned because girls are getting abused or anything. Its because Curse Voice is operating in a grey zone that effects the experience of the game between hitting "play" and the "end screen," according to the last red post I've seen.
I have been in 4 mans and we usually talk about what we need to do and coordinate ganks in the odd man outs lane. We don't just say screw that other guy on our team. He is useless and we can win 4v5... I feel like it is all about the person that is playing. Not the fact that they can use voip or not.

NuckaChucka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Onime View Post
Don't waste resources on a system that can be nullified very easily.

I'd rather have Riot spend their resources on something allot more useful............

..... say east coast servers.
Ahhh ic now. This has nothing to to with VOIP. It's all about you and your goal in getting east coast servers faster! :P jk <3

Silverthane

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierphe View Post
It's also worth noting that if you have an effeminate-sounding voice, even if you're not female, you're also incredibly more likely to be abused with homophobic slurs, especially by certain unnamed people with a specific accent.

Source: A decade on Xbox Live.

That being said, I'd like voice functionality built into League. It's long overdue.

i feel ya :C

ShocknAwem

4 Weeks Ago

Lyte ask your co-workers to put a live poll on the main page of this website. Then will we see who's actually correct.

Anemia at LAN

4 Weeks Ago

Well, no ****. That's what happens when you actively market your game to the lowest common denominator.

DancerofWar

4 Weeks Ago

I don't want it. Partially cause I don't need to talk to strangers and cause I have friends I talk to during game. They are okay with my open mic, but I am not going to deal with people who have an issue with it.

If this ever got implemented I would just never use it and hope not to get raged at by my teammates who are made for me not being in VC.