Am I the Only one who likes the Original Caitlyn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-27-2014
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIIMIE View Post
Hey mike, I love your work and I love you . I was wondering 3 things.
1) Is the team gonna enhance her lore to connect more w/ Vi, Jinx, and other Piltoverans.?
2) When redesigning her officer skin did u guys go for an actual officer look or did you stay with the pinup style? IMO I'm kinda open to either.
3) The new splash art is amazing who made it? Props to her/him
Anyway, I'm really excited for her VU and I know she's in capable hands.
a) I think there's some agreement that if we did tackle her we'd want to bring her more in line with Vi, Jayce and Jinx. That story and those connections should be strengthened in my opinion.

b) Can't say at this point about skin production stuff but I wouldn't see why anything on her Officer skin would change. It's pretty much understood that she's as much of an "officer" as you can be if you went into a costume shop to procure such a getup. It's not supposed to represent the place where the cop fantasy lives. It's pure novelty.

c) Not sure who made it. I'm not too in the loop when it comes to Splash's cadence or stuff in production.

Arcane Ezreal

06-27-2014

only thing that I have to say is: leave the belts.

EmilAoko

06-27-2014

Leave the belts and the skirt, you can add in pants or shorts underneath the skirt. Just make sure you add in padding for her shins and knees, along with a tripod for the sniper if you honestly want to go to a more realistic take. Though to be honest, I really doubt a sniper would be bulky as Vi as that would restrict movement when moving from one vantage point to another. And Jayce is... Jayce.

gulgolet2000

06-27-2014

Hi Mike.
So after seeing the new (AMAZING) splash arts for Caitlyn and Urgot, I noticed that they are a bit different from the current in game models and splashes (While with Caitlyn it comes by with a different gun, Urgot has a lot more changed- Blade is more "harpoon-ish", different scars on different places, mask has 4, instead of 3, breathing line holes, taller head, more details and skulls paintings on his armor plates, shoulder pads are slightly different, and the most noticeable part is the two new pipes that are connected to the belly and the mask).
I don't know if you're in charge of such stuff in the splash art designing, but do you have any idea why are the designs of Urgot and Caitlyn in the new splash arts are slightly different than the live version models and splashes?

Attack of Teemo

06-27-2014

Give her some pants, a helmet and some belts that hold ammo clips...

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalibra View Post
Attachment 999232

No Caitlyn VU till maybe 2017

Nice splash btw
Heeeey.

If this is truly the VU you had in plan, I'm totally all for it!
Only real complaint is why it's so brass looking instead of antique and wooden.

But either way, that splash art is certainly encouraging if that's the vision you're going for.

Thivus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2014

please dont give her pants

chumbler

06-27-2014

Give her some damn pants.

Valduran

06-27-2014

Why does Cait get a nice modern splash art before Akali when Akali's is older and unlike Cait she doesn't even have a skin with a decent splash to tide her over until a VU or something--and she suffers from not even having original NA splashes to boot.

Seriously, great work with this one, but pls... Akali.

cwcriner

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
Why does Cait get a nice modern splash art before Akali when Akali's is older and unlike Cait she doesn't even have a skin with a decent splash to tide her over until a VU or something--and she suffers from not even having original NA splashes to boot.

Seriously, great work with this one, but pls... Akali.
Better question, why is Cait getting a VU before Akali?

Personally I like the way Cait looks right now, though if the ditch the weird magnifying glass on the hat I wouldn't complain.