Am I the Only one who likes the Original Caitlyn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

viva la me

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaughtyLemur View Post
But how does an AK fit that? The hunting rifle has the rustic steampunky feel. but maybe its just me, the AK doesn't do it for me. Its like somebody said "ah, just give her the most used gun in history" and called it a day
I wasn't aware an AK was 4 feet long and has 2 glass lenses attached to the barrel.
I don't understand where you are pulling AK from because if anything her original art it looks like a Henry Golden Boy and not an AK

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2014

i have to agree. an ak really doesnt fit the bill. shes a sniper. thematically a larger calliber hunting rifle fits her much better, than an automatic gun.

as has been pointed out, she doesnt shoot automatic or semi automatic. before every shot, you can see her carefully take aim for a single shot. and then there is her ult.

though i wouldnt mind a rework along with the vu, that either removed her incredibly large range, or her self knockback. considering, that her stupid range defines her, the slow on the net would be enough in its own right without the gap opener attached to it.

AntiSkillshot

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
It goes: Intern -> Associate -> "artist", there's no "mid-level title -> Senior - Lead or Principle -> Director.

That's the rough version of the ladder.
So, is it "Director of art" or "Director of concepts"?

Xcaliiburr

06-26-2014

Quote:
It goes: Intern -> Associate -> "artist", there's no "mid-level title -> Senior - Lead or Principle -> Director.

That's the rough version of the ladder.

Off topic, but can you tell Morello to calm down? c:

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-26-2014
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiSkillshot View Post
So, is it "Director of art" or "Director of concepts"?
Usually it's some sort of Art Director, but the director level often gets less craft-intensive, often focusing on broad initiatives, style, helping people with career development and other leadership duties. There aren't often specific disciplines that have directors, though RiotBamDragon is our Animation Director, so some do.

ZodiarkSavior

06-26-2014

Quote:
Usually it's some sort of Art Director, but the director level often gets less craft-intensive, often focusing on broad initiatives, style, helping people with career development and other leadership duties. There aren't often specific disciplines that have directors, though RiotBamDragon is our Animation Director, so some do.
Who did the recent Caitlyn splash art that's currently on the PBE? Could you maybe tell them to add more definition to the face, specifically the cheek bones? Add some more detail to the skin and some shadowing and it's a very good splash art. Just try to alleviate the current baby face that's going on, though.

Mirage Night

06-26-2014

Quote:

Thematically, are there any champions beside Scion, that are going to be very difficult to nail down? I heard Evelynn is one.

Comparatively, how will those stack up against someone like Caitlyn in degrees of difficulty to create and then execute?

chumbler

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiarkSavior View Post
Who did the recent Caitlyn splash art that's currently on the PBE? Could you maybe tell them to add more definition to the face, specifically the cheek bones? Add some more detail to the skin and some shadowing and it's a very good splash art. Just try to alleviate the current baby face that's going on, though.
Also, you know, connect her right leg to the right spot (i.e. not the middle of her left leg). I know it's the way it is now just to give the suggestion of a panty shot, so come on. Be better than that.

Keizgon

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiarkSavior View Post
Maybe. Though I cannot help but feel it looks perfect. Could just be my opinion though. I had to add it to my desktop's wallpaper since it's that good. I never do this.

Final Raid Boss

06-26-2014

the qq in this thead is op