Am I the Only one who likes the Original Caitlyn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keizgon View Post
Sorry for the delayed response, had to verify myself that your attitude in other posts come off abrasive. Yes, you are a dick, judging by a few of your posts. You like to say "Iron Stylus is ruining this", "Iron Stylus is ruining that", "Riot was better without Iron Stylus cuz he faps to armor", and "FK U ANSWER ME Iron Stylus". Now I may have exaggerated that last quote, but you might as well have said it that way with the same effect.

Completely spews dick to me. Get some respect and quit pointing fingers when their art team is clearly a team effort. Just because you were making valid arguments doesn't mean you haven't been completely rude in request of feedback. Chances are, you're just going to berate his responses with typical generalization of his position (not art lead, read).
LOLWUT? I actually used to like Ironstylus, like really liked. I bought into the whole cult of personality he had going on early on. I thought Iron Solari Leona was the greatest thing ever. I admitted it was unfair to blame him for all the changes to the artistic stylings we have seen in the game, but that as the guy who took point and often advocated it himself he was pretty much the only one I could point a finger at (however unfair it was to him). Yes I think hes got a hard on for heavily armored characters...often with fire on them. Because for the last year thats almost all that we have had. The image he claimed he liked of Caitlyn is a dull, dead serious image that is basically Vindicator Vayne with a funny hat so you know its Caitlyn.

I don't hate Ironstylus, I dislike what what hes advocated, and at the moment I dislike that hes dodging questions and making jokes at the expense of those making them rather than giving straight answers. If he can't give an answer that is fine, but hes unfortunately the one who stuck his nose out, so his nose is the one that we see.

The only post I think in this entire conversation where I have been a dismissive jerk was my very first. Because the second poster completely missed the point of the post and made a nerf Caitlyn posting instead. I was extremely rude and dismissive to that person, and I'm proud of that.

Dark Wulfy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Nah, I'm playing a few games. Alt tabbing between them.
I agree that her rifle is certainly an heirloom, but I'd prefer it to resemble a modest steampunk styled one. The idea is for the gun to have hextech inspiration, but a dated version of hexmaturgy.

Mirage Night

06-26-2014

I think she just needs her rig updated and the skins refitted for that rig. Her concept and design are fine.

Keizgon

06-26-2014

I'm not even going to respond to your "LOLWUT" when I read your posts in a objective way (as humanly possible).

This is the part, where I tell you that your problem is self entitlement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
If he can't give an answer that is fine, but hes unfortunately the one who stuck his nose out, so his nose is the one that we see.

Notalent

06-26-2014

Quote:
I'm not even going to respond to your "LOLWUT" when I read your posts in a nonobjective, humanly possible.

This is the part, where I tell you that your problem is self entitlement:
Its pretty clear we should never argue anything then. Anyways considering you have yet to make a single point besides to insult those making them I'd say your the one spouting entitlement. You put nothing forward, but criticize those who do.

Anyways moving on, without Hellioning making real points this has fully devolved into a circle jerk thread.

TeemoRift

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You know I'm not a lead, right? I'm a little amused that you think I have so much power.
So if you don't got the power then why are you not titled Jr. Concept Artist?

Mirage Night

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemoRift View Post
So if you don't got the power then why are you not named Jr. Concept Artist?
He is just a more tenured concept Artist. If he was "Lead" Concept artist, it would say Lead Concept Artist

Keizgon

06-26-2014

Quote:
Its pretty clear we should never argue anything then.
I was editing my post when you quoted me on "nonobjective". I'm tired, sue me. I meant to say "objective".

Quote:
Anyways considering you have yet to make a single point besides to insult those making them I'd say your the one spouting entitlement. You put nothing forward, but criticize those who do.

And now this is the part where I tell you, you either can't read or you're simply spewing dickish nonsense like you're the only one who has tried contributing to the thread:

Quote:
TBH, I'm uncertain of your current style as (though I have have no reason to criticize it so far) for her. The only thing I heard of mention was she was going to be designed more towards the awesome Lady Mechanika theme. I want this, as a Caitlyn fan. Probably so much I wouldn't mind it being almost identical in theme (not saying do this but expressing my love for the Caitlyn match of it).

Also, are you keeping track of the community beta? I have posted my feedback there in an older (4 month old) section where you guys were talking about someone else's base model VU / concept. I would like to know if I posted in the correct section and that you got my feedback on it.

Mynt

06-26-2014

Quote:
Nobody in Riot Games has that power. If there 40 people who worked there, then each person would have about 2.5% of the say in what goes into the game.

They don't waste their time hiring people who need to be told what to do. As a result, everyone is a 'senior' in the sense that you mean it.

Source: http://www.riotgames.com/careers

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-26-2014
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
It goes: Intern -> Associate -> "artist", there's no "mid-level title -> Senior - Lead or Principle -> Director.

That's the rough version of the ladder.