Am I the Only one who likes the Original Caitlyn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Urgot is not a Zaun champion, he's a Noxian champion made by Zaun, but to answer your question...

Singed's lore says nothing about 'he became Warwick's apprentice for the money' and everything about how much he enjoys creating potions and poisons.

Zaun is backing Twitch in his attempts to create more ratmen for no reason that they have stated.

Mundo's craziness is as you explicitly stated. The entire point of Zaun, as stated in Janna and Twitch's backstories, is 'progress ran amok.' At no point does it state, in any of those backstories, that people are trying to make these technologies in order to get paid.

Also, that picture isn't remotely SERIOUSGRIMDARK unless you mean there's less belts. It still has the stupid hat, which is everything about Caitlyn.
That picture is Vindicator Vayne with a funny hat. Seriously look at Vindicator Vayne then look at that Caitlyn Picture. Yeah. Its grim dark serious, but keeps the hat so you don't confuse her with Vayne.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

3 Weeks Ago
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
Look at every single skin Stylus has attached himself to. Outside of Beach Leona I can't think of anything that's not incredibly serious and heavily armored. Look at Riots changes to art over the last few years with Ironstylus as one of the leads. Its purely circumstantial evidence, and its somewhat unfair to throw it in his face, but it is the only evidence on display here either way.

The art Ironstylus has said he likes for Caitlyn is a dead serious, no comedy affair. Its reasonable to assume that is what hes planing. Also, no I listed Piltover's characters who are obviously crazy and obviously dangerous. Yes they are portrayed as whimsical, but that just makes them more crazy than Zauns amoral greedy sociopaths (Except Mundo...). Most of Zaun's scientists do it for the money or the power, Most of Piltover's scientists do it because FOR SCIENCE! I'm less afraid of the guy who wants a pay day from the Noxian military then the crazy twitching midget who thinks Bombs are super super awesome.

Edit: Also I was tempted to point out that she is basically Batman, but whereas you see that as a positive I see it as even more proof that she is absolutely bug **** crazy.
You know I'm not a lead, right? I'm a little amused that you think I have so much power.

DivineRaiu

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You know I'm not a lead, right? I'm a little amused that you think I have so much power.
The Almighty Parrot!

Hellioning

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
That picture is Vindicator Vayne with a funny hat. Seriously look at Vindicator Vayne then look at that Caitlyn Picture. Yeah. Its grim dark serious, but keeps the hat so you don't confuse her with Vayne.
We are operating under two different definitions of 'grim dark' then. You seem to view it as 'anything with dark colors that's relatively serious' while I think grimdark as 'CHAINAXES AND EVERYONE IS TRYING TO KILL HUMANITY AND PAIN AND BLOOD AND AND AND'

So that might be a major cause of disconnect.

Quote:
Sup parrot! Sorry if our little argument scared you off.

Slimm Shaney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

3 Weeks Ago

If you're not the lead concept artist... wait... IS MORELLO NOT LEAD BALANCER?

I thought stylus made all art decisions and morello made all balance decisions.

Keizgon

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Sup parrot! Sorry if our little argument scared you off.
People are always blatantly rude to him. They should shut the hell up for once instead of pointing fingers. (not directly you, I don't remember what you said)

CamoClad

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
@IronStylus, I just so happen to really like your style and think you should keep on keeping on as your work has so far proven that my wallet is weak when it comes to your influence, lol. Whimsy is fine and all, but THIS IS WAR. If anything I wish there more skins of a serious nature. I for one cant place anyone of the Rift in a tutu with the exception of Jinx as she is just plum crazy. If you are marching to battle, then you come dressed for the occasion or you go home early in shame/defeat/a coffin.

Hellioning

3 Weeks Ago

Since my position seems a bit fuzzy, allow me to clarify myself.

I want more silly skins. I really do. I enjoy Corporate Mundo or Brolaf over Iron Maiden Lissandra or Black Panther Rengar or Thresh Vladimir (seriously, Dark Valkyrie Diana lost her helmet but that skin made it through! I can barely tell them apart.) But I feel that silliness should probably stay with skins, and silliness as a character trait should be more evident only on certain champions, like Lulu or other humorous champions. Caitlyn wearing a boob window and a miniskirt does not match her character particularly well.

The same goes with skimpy female champion clothing. I'm fine with MF and Ahri having their clothing as is because it works for their character. I do not feel that Caitlyn is the kind of woman who looks in the closet and decides 'yes, I do feel like showing off my legs and boobs while I am out on the fields of justice.' MF and Ahri totally would.

Notalent

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
You know its nice that you dodge a fairly interesting thread full of competing ideologies to try and make a joke.

Also, if your going to stick around can you in fact contribute by answering what the hell happened to all the fun skins and why everything has gotten so damn grim dark serious stylistically?

Where is Cheerleader Lux or Ballerina Orianna? Where is Superman Jayce or Boxer Vi?

Also when can I expect Flaming Heavily Armored Karthus and Flaming Heavily Armored Teemo? Seriously we need more flaming heavily armored characters.

Edit: Hellioning, I view Grimdark as anything lacking humor and build purely around dead seriousness. Crazy overkill axes can actually be funny if they do it in a Metalocalpyse kinda way.

Keizgon

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
You know its nice that you dodge a fairly interesting thread full of competing ideologies to try and make a joke.
Maybe it's because you're so blatantly a dick (and likely will get other dick responses) that he rather make a joke. Talk about self entitlement when other companies would likely ban your ass for your abusive behavior.