Am I the Only one who likes the Original Caitlyn?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Where, exactly, does it state that she made herself the sheriff in her lore? All we know is that A) crime rates in Piltover were absurd before she started working and B) she started at 14. I guess the line 'she was singlehandedly defeating crime' kind of support that, but I took that to mean 'she was doing what the police couldn't, so of course she got the job.' Was this a JoJ thing?

You're thinking of Zaun. That is where all the doomsday weapons are. Most Piltoverian tech we see are relatively less dangerous than that, and most Piltoverian characters are relatively sane, Orianna and maybe Heimer nonwithstanding. She's basically Batman, just with less murder and spandex; her parents were hurt by crime, so she resolved to change things.

I can't recall anything that IronStylus did that changed a character from 'kinda goofy' to 'SUPERSERIOUSHARDCORE ARMOR DESIGN' apart from the Sej rework, and you yourself said you like that, so I have no idea where this idea is coming from.
Look at every single skin Stylus has attached himself to. Outside of Beach Leona I can't think of anything that's not incredibly serious and heavily armored. Look at Riots changes to art over the last few years with Ironstylus as one of the leads. Its purely circumstantial evidence, and its somewhat unfair to throw it in his face, but it is the only evidence on display here either way.

The art Ironstylus has said he likes for Caitlyn is a dead serious, no comedy affair. Its reasonable to assume that is what hes planing. Also, no I listed Piltover's characters who are obviously crazy and obviously dangerous. Yes they are portrayed as whimsical, but that just makes them more crazy than Zauns amoral greedy sociopaths (Except Mundo...). Most of Zaun's scientists do it for the money or the power, Most of Piltover's scientists do it because FOR SCIENCE! I'm less afraid of the guy who wants a pay day from the Noxian military then the crazy twitching midget who thinks Bombs are super super awesome.

Edit: Also I was tempted to point out that she is basically Batman, but whereas you see that as a positive I see it as even more proof that she is absolutely bug **** crazy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axelios

Senior Member

06-26-2014

:D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irelia PhD

Senior Member

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
If she loses the miniskirt, the new walk animation will lose a lot of its luster.

Also, will there be a traditional skin unlockable by purchasing Cait before the VU hits?
i thought they only gave those to complete reworked kits like seju karma trundle


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

Senior Member

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
Look at every single skin Stylus has attached himself to. Outside of Beach Leona I can't think of anything that's not incredibly serious and heavily armored. Look at Riots changes to art over the last few years with Ironstylus as one of the leads. Its purely circumstantial evidence, and its somewhat unfair to throw it in his face, but it is the only evidence on display here either way.

The art Ironstylus has said he likes for Caitlyn is a dead serious, no comedy affair. Its reasonable to assume that is what hes planing. Also, no I listed Piltover's characters who are obviously crazy and obviously dangerous. Yes they are portrayed as whimsical, but that just makes them more crazy than Zauns amoral greedy sociopaths (Except Mundo...). Most of Zaun's scientists do it for the money or the power, Most of Piltover's scientists do it because FOR SCIENCE! I'm less afraid of the guy who wants a pay day from the Noxian military then the crazy twitching midget who thinks Bombs are super super awesome.

Edit: Also I was tempted to point out that she is basically Batman, but whereas you see that as a positive I see it as even more proof that she is absolutely bug **** crazy.
Those are skins. We're not talking about a skin, and if you're worried about Caitlyn getting SUPERSERIOUS skins, well, look at her headhunter skin! Notice the continued presence of a skirt and boob window. Clearly they like it well enough that they're not removing it even though the skin concept makes more sense for them to remove it.

Zaun's whole thing is 'FOR SCIENCE!' Piltover is for creating technology to improve the world. Jayce, Caitlyn, Ezreal, maybe Heimerdinger, are perfectly normal people using technology to create a better world. Singed just creates poisons because he's interested in how they can kill people, he's not just a guy making toxins because Noxus is paying them, he enjoys his work (his Ultimate is named Insanity Potion for a reason.)

Caitlyn may, in fact, be ****ing crazy! Even if she is, it does not mean 'SO OBVIOUSLY SHE DRESSES IN A MINISKIRT AND HAS A BOOB WINDOW'. It means she's ****ing crazy! Crazy people are entirely capable of dressing themself in almost any way they please, so she could be wearing pants and still be crazy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Those are skins. We're not talking about a skin, and if you're worried about Caitlyn getting SUPERSERIOUS skins, well, look at her headhunter skin! Notice the continued presence of a skirt and boob window. Clearly they like it well enough that they're not removing it even though the skin concept makes more sense for them to remove it.

Zaun's whole thing is 'FOR SCIENCE!' Piltover is for creating technology to improve the world. Jayce, Caitlyn, Ezreal, maybe Heimerdinger, are perfectly normal people using technology to create a better world. Singed just creates poisons because he's interested in how they can kill people, he's not just a guy making toxins because Noxus is paying them, he enjoys his work (his Ultimate is named Insanity Potion for a reason.)

Caitlyn may, in fact, be ****ing crazy! Even if she is, it does not mean 'SO OBVIOUSLY SHE DRESSES IN A MINISKIRT AND HAS A BOOB WINDOW'. It means she's ****ing crazy! Crazy people are entirely capable of dressing themself in almost any way they please, so she could be wearing pants and still be crazy.
What skins am I talking about?

Ziggs is bomb loving maniac who lives in Piltover. Jayce is a guy who built a lazer hammer and started a war with a guy who makes lazer arms and giant robots. Vi is a maniac who just enjoys wrecking **** up AND is now Caitlyns deputy. Piltover is insane, its whimsically insane, but still insane.

Piltover is the city of FOR SCIENCE! While Zaun is the city of FOR PROFIT!

Also, again I've already said the miniskirt can go, BUT it cannot be replaced by something serious. Caits ENTIRE SCHTICK is that she thinks shes perfectly serious and proper...when everyone else can see shes just as crazy as everyone else around her with perfect ease.

You wanna get rid of the miniskirt, thats fine. But don't replace it with something that's hardcore and serious, replace it with something that's equally silly. Because Caitlyn IS silly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

Senior Member

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
What skins am I talking about?

Ziggs is bomb loving maniac who lives in Piltover. Jayce is a guy who built a lazer hammer and started a war with a guy who makes lazer arms and giant robots. Vi is a maniac who just enjoys wrecking **** up AND is now Caitlyns deputy. Piltover is insane, its whimsically insane, but still insane.

Piltover is the city of FOR SCIENCE! While Zaun is the city of FOR PROFIT!
You're comparing Visual Updates, changing someone's default appearance and their appearance in the lore, to IronStylus' work on skins, which are two completely different beasts.

Yes, Ziggs is crazy, and Vi is also really fond of violence, but that doesn't mean the entirety of Piltover is crazy. You can't just say 'Piltover is full of crazy people so Caitlyn is also crazy!' when there are more non-crazy champions from Piltover then there are crazy ones. Jayce isn't even close to crazy, by the way. His entire shtick is 'super hero with future technology' and he sounds perfectly rational in his voice over.

No, you are wrong. Zaun is FOR SCIENCE, NO MATTER THE COSTS. Piltover is FOR SCIENCE, TO IMPROVE THE WORLD!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
You're comparing Visual Updates, changing someone's default appearance and their appearance in the lore, to IronStylus' work on skins, which are two completely different beasts.

Yes, Ziggs is crazy, and Vi is also really fond of violence, but that doesn't mean the entirety of Piltover is crazy. You can't just say 'Piltover is full of crazy people so Caitlyn is also crazy!' when there are more non-crazy champions from Piltover then there are crazy ones. Jayce isn't even close to crazy, by the way. His entire shtick is 'super hero with future technology' and he sounds perfectly rational in his voice over.

No, you are wrong. Zaun is FOR SCIENCE, NO MATTER THE COSTS. Piltover is FOR SCIENCE, TO IMPROVE THE WORLD!
Which characters in Zaun do anything just because they can?

Singed and Warwick worked for the Noxian military. FOR PROFIT with both of them. Zac was created as a weapon to be sold and used. For profit there. Urgot was created by Zaun for the Noxian military. For profit there.

Zaun isn't for science, they are amoral weapon manufacturers making whatever they can to get paid.

Besides Mundo, Mundo is just a psychopath who enjoys chopping people up.

Also, your neglecting that Ironstylus has already commented on a Art piece which was linked in the first page which was firmly in the grim dark serious category.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bakasursa

Member

06-26-2014

I think if they made her **** like 1-2 size bigger I be ok.

OOOOPPPAAAIII


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

Senior Member

06-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
Which characters in Zaun do anything just because they can?

Singed and Warwick worked for the Noxian military. FOR PROFIT with both of them. Zac was created as a weapon to be sold and used. For profit there. Urgot was created by Zaun for the Noxian military. For profit there.

Zaun isn't for science, they are amoral weapon manufacturers making whatever they can to get paid.

Besides Mundo, Mundo is just a psychopath who enjoys chopping people up.

Also, your neglecting that Ironstylus has already commented on a Art piece which was linked in the first page which was firmly in the grim dark serious category.
Urgot is not a Zaun champion, he's a Noxian champion made by Zaun, but to answer your question...

Singed's lore says nothing about 'he became Warwick's apprentice for the money' and everything about how much he enjoys creating potions and poisons.

Zaun is backing Twitch in his attempts to create more ratmen for no reason that they have stated.

Mundo's craziness is as you explicitly stated. The entire point of Zaun, as stated in Janna and Twitch's backstories, is 'progress ran amok.' At no point does it state, in any of those backstories, that people are trying to make these technologies in order to get paid.

Also, that picture isn't remotely SERIOUSGRIMDARK unless you mean there's less belts. It still has the stupid hat, which is everything about Caitlyn.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knightmerc

Member

06-26-2014

I feel like this link is relevant to the current discussion about Caitlyn and her short skirt.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5528933.html

I don't know if this favors Caitlyn having a short skirt and being a policeman, or whether it proves that policewoman should not so clothed. I guess it depends on your view of Russia.