@WizardCrab

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

4 Weeks Ago
130 of 172 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiotine View Post
stealthy champion with a shadowstep-type ability confirmed. GG mobility creep.
pls no.

Synthetic Ghost

4 Weeks Ago

WizardCrab is my favorite kind of crab.

Just waiting for a Rioter to be a LizardWizard =)

Holy Malevolence

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
What exactly is a spellvamp ratio?
It's the thing where AOE abilities only take advantage of 33% of your spellvamp.

It's the opinion and myself and at least one other person that every ability should take advantage of a different amount of your spellvamp, in much the same way that every ability takes advantage of a different amount of your ability power. Because as it stands, spellvamp seems to be impossible to balance.

IonCannonKarthus

4 Weeks Ago

Mr Crab, can you lobby for a Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve skin?

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

4 Weeks Ago
131 of 172 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKilleR 999 View Post
Hey WizardCrab since you seem like a pretty nice guy and responded to alot of people about things that weren't of your expertise I thought I'd give it a try (I know the post is a little long, but please bear with me, english isn't my first language).

Seeing as you're a high elo yourself I'm sure you've noticed the game has quite a few bugs, some of them which have been there since the start. So I was wondering if you could forward this to the right people and tell me if they've simply given up on trying to fix them or just not aware of them.

Good example of the kind of bugs I'm talking about is an ability casting when the condition for casting it aren't met (casting a displacement ability while CCed), this is likely caused because there's only a condition check on the initial cast and not on the final one. Ex: Ability takes 0.2s to cast, but if within the cast time the conditions for being able to cast the ability are no longer met the ability will still cast. Good example in video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJb7...ature=youtu.be

This is the same kind of thing but on the opposite end of the spectrum. Even though the initial range requirement for the ability is initially met if you go far out of the range of the ability during its cast time it will still cast because there's no second condition check at the end of the cast time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTYI...ature=youtu.be

A good example of a double condition check within the game is when someone walk into a bush and your ability doesn't go off. Also in the case of the second video to make it so someone doesn't just constantly just walk out of the range constantly, the second check would consider the max range of the ability + 300.

Here's my personal extensive list of bugs if you're interested.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...919&highlight=
Disclaimer: The following is the opinion of a random League of Legends player with no real insight from design teams at Riot. Treat it accordingly.

I'm really not sure, but I'm guessing some of this is intended. The abilities you're looking for in the first example are ones with channel times and those can be interrupted. Like Vi Q or Zac E. Some moves are specifically designed without channels but with cast times so that you can use the move to escape or whatever and once you use it, your move will definitely occur, but the cast time still leaves you open to take damage or cc in anticipation of your move. It also give people the opportunity to get away. For instance, Lux laser would be really frustrating without a cast time, but It would also really suck for lux if you could cancel it with a stun. So instead it has a cast time so you can react to it but also you can't just prevent lux from doing it altogether (unlesss you kill her).

So to sum it up, it's about defining which counterplay options are available for certain moves. Are they immediate? Do you have time to react? Can you stop it or do you need to just plan around what you're going to try to accomplish when the move goes off?

Does that make sense?

lightdragoon88

4 Weeks Ago

Would you like a Wizard Kabby Patty?

mantrunks

4 Weeks Ago

What I want to know is how on EARTH is there no braZILEAN skin???? I mean, that's the only pun that his name can fit into!! If you can make Alistar or Maokai look like they belong on a world cup skin team, I'M SURE you could have figured something out for BRAZILEAN!!!!

Inciflahrdus

4 Weeks Ago

Hello WizardCrab
Could you look into this thread and maybe forward it towards right people?
In many players opinion this skin was downgraded instead of upgraded, it is much less Metal.

GodKilleR 999

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
Disclaimer: The following is the opinion of a random League of Legends player with no real insight from design teams at Riot. Treat it accordingly.

I'm really not sure, but I'm guessing some of this is intended. The abilities you're looking for in the first example are ones with channel times and those can be interrupted. Like Vi Q or Zac E. Some moves are specifically designed without channels but with cast times so that you can use the move to escape or whatever and once you use it, your move will definitely occur, but the cast time still leaves you open to take damage or cc in anticipation of your move. It also give people the opportunity to get away. For instance, Lux laser would be really frustrating without a cast time, but It would also really suck for lux if you could cancel it with a stun. So instead it has a cast time so you can react to it but also you can't just prevent lux from doing it altogether (unlesss you kill her).

So to sum it up, it's about defining which counterplay options are available for certain moves. Are they immediate? Do you have time to react? Can you stop it or do you need to just plan around what you're going to try to accomplish when the move goes off?

Does that make sense?
I'd agree with you if not for the fact that the cast time is far too small for any counterplay to take place, most of these abilities have something like a 0.10s cast time. For example the counterplay with Zed shadow is that the time for the shadow itself to reach max range gives you a window to do something before he changes position with it, but the cast time to change position with it is very much negligible, most people would assume it's instant in fact.

Things like Lux laser and Ezreal ult are basically uninterruptible channels (it's why they have that little bar above the ability bar that tells you how long it's gonna take). Not to mention that the game will do the thing I showed in the Zed shadow video with flash too and since flash is supposed to have no cast time it means something is obviously broken.

Well I'd argue it's often ends up deceiving the player into thinking there's an option when there really isn't. For example if someone flash to AA you and in return you flash away to counter that you will end up dead because even though the game seems to give you the ability to react to what your enemy just did there's actually nothing you could have done, in fact I remember Zileas saying it was wrong when a game did that: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...75#post3470475

The thing you'd expect when the enemy toward you and you do the same at the same time is no one gains anything, both players have lost their flash. Currently you'll be left weaker because not only have you died you've also lost flash because reasons. You could also have not had the time to flash and in this case you'll have died, but might be able to do the same thing later to your enemy with your own flash. In all cases currently there's an unfairness when it comes to defensive vs offensive plays.

Pseudowolf69

4 Weeks Ago

One idea for where you could add in refunds is in RP purchase packs; e.g. pay $35 for 4550 RP (+450 bonus RP, +2 refunds). That way, to keep getting refunds to use, you have to keep buying RP. It does kind of change the paradigm, and I'm not sure how retroactive you could be (maybe cap the refunds for previous RP purchases at a certain number?), but that's just one idea.