We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FailOverflow

06-22-2014

What ever happened to rotating the map 45 like you guys said to help balance the blue side camera advantage? Just let us invert the camera if we want to and see what happens.

Can you at least let us invert the map on Howling Abyss at least? Throw us a bone here we've been waiting 5+ years for a fix. It's kinda like a soccer match where one team has to run uphill the entire match - not fair.

PersianMeow

06-22-2014

fu.ck riot...they dont give a ****...all they care about is making sure people dont get offended by BM players...wasting their time on fu.cking **** like that...fuc.k this game.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

4 Weeks Ago
69 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Mr RiotForScience, if you are still monitoring this thread.

I am still monitoring this thread. I have talked about a lot of the issues that have been brought up here previously in this thread or in other threads; so I am not commenting as often

RiotForScience

4 Weeks Ago
70 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir slicer View Post
Baron's claws by his feet need to be more dynamic. Right now they just rotate with him and it looks bad. Also, the very back claw looks like there is nothing attached to it.
Those are my beefs.

This update will be phenomenal.

Also the music! oh my lands the music! Hellatight

Baron was sitting in a built up crater when his claws were placed down. We couldn't get it to look decent before PBE so we pulled it. We will come up with some other solution to how the claws work before the map goes live.

GodKilleR 999

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I am still monitoring this thread. I have talked about a lot of the issues that have been brought up here previously in this thread or in other threads; so I am not commenting as often
Well then here's some stuff I don't think was mentioned, it's suggestions to improve clarity with the UI, since you guys seem to be doing it along with the SR VU:

Ticks on large monsters health bar (aka red/blue/big golem/big wraith/big wolf).

Summoner spells and ult timer indicator on ally champions (somehow a combination of what spectator vision does and what CV used to do).

Being able to see abilities tooltip by clicking on allies/foes this would be very good for new players trying to figure out what an enemy champion does.

Mewcubed

4 Weeks Ago

Hey RiotforScience, I'm not sure if this is the right place but while in a game yesterday, a blue mage minion went under the map at about the inhibitor and then popped back up at the inhibitor turret (in the bot lane). I didn't pay attention to whether or not it happened for every set of minions or if it happened just the one time.

Best KhaZix Void

4 Weeks Ago

How about putting a kind of Purplish veil around Baron's body to obscure his lower half?

adamsrommel

4 Weeks Ago

I have been curious: don't u find out the brightness of color and style of most champions do not match the new rift at all?
It looks weird to me.Would the team focus on the champion skin rework?The reworked garen,twitch can fit in new map but how about the others?They are developed under the old rift.I don't feel they fit the new rift at all. Thank you!

RiotForScience

4 Weeks Ago
71 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKilleR 999 View Post
Well then here's some stuff I don't think was mentioned, it's suggestions to improve clarity with the UI, since you guys seem to be doing it along with the SR VU:

Ticks on large monsters health bar (aka red/blue/big golem/big wraith/big wolf).

Summoner spells and ult timer indicator on ally champions (somehow a combination of what spectator vision does and what CV used to do).

Being able to see abilities tooltip by clicking on allies/foes this would be very good for new players trying to figure out what an enemy champion does.

The user-interface people are not actually wrapped into this project but I will mention it to them.

RiotForScience

4 Weeks Ago
72 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcubed View Post
Hey RiotforScience, I'm not sure if this is the right place but while in a game yesterday, a blue mage minion went under the map at about the inhibitor and then popped back up at the inhibitor turret (in the bot lane). I didn't pay attention to whether or not it happened for every set of minions or if it happened just the one time.

There is a PBE bug thread on the PBE forums. That would be a much better home for this bug, or

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...388140&page=13