Would her beauty be buffed or nerfed?

Buff 394 70.61%
Nerf 164 29.39%
Voters: 558. You may not vote on this poll

Do you guys think the Caitlyn VU would make her more pretty or less pretty?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marenjii

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus871 View Post
1. Yes, I realize my sample size is small
2. I know this, but she is supposed to be like a female Sherlock Holmes, but she gives off a teenage girl vibe
3. Did a small amount of research steampunk. Kind of like a mix between 1880's and 20 years from now.
4. When did I say something about belts?
5. I'm not really a fashion expert, but the "Western" look can be pulled off for fancy occasions, I specified Human Piltoverians, and Jayces suit is essentially a uniform, which are always appropriate.

So basically, my point is that Caitlyn dressing up like a teenage girl going to a kegger detracts from the credibility that she is a methodical cop that always gets the crook.
I included the part about belts to show that she has some semblance to other Piltover champions.
Lol forgot Heimer isn't human. Why would you say that it is essentially a uniform. How do you get that vibe? How do you get the teenage girl vibe from Cait? Dresses ending in mini skirts are not strictly teenage fashion. https://www.google.com/search?q=mini...w=1366&bih=683 Almost all of those at a glance are adult women, not teenagers. A lot of champs in the game imo don't exactly hold up to the "idea" of what they are (I use idea loosely, don't have a better word) of what/who they are. But in my opinion that is what makes League, League. These are people from another world, where societal norms are different. This is so extreme that within the same continent people live vastly different lives, with vastly different ways of life. Piltover and Zaun are but a few miles away (I think, no scale on map of Runeterra ftw) But they have polar opposites when it comes to lifestyles. Sherlock is from our world, not theirs.

FujiyamaNoMokou

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDudeMcDudeman View Post
Ellen Page looks like she's twelve, man. Hardly sheriff material.

I dunno, GD wants a twelve year old with a scythe, one with a gun isn't too much of a stretch

NotBuzzJack

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujiyamaNoMokou View Post
I dunno, GD wants a twelve year old with a scythe, one with a gun isn't too much of a stretch
Pretty sure it's only like 2 people that want her to be 12.

Lesbian Vi

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma Saotom3 View Post
Ellen Page is in everything, and while I like her, I think it would be not as unique as someone such as Mila Kunis, or even Milla Jovovich.
Ellen is a good choice since she is a lesbo too

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2014

I'd like to say that Sej's old design was fine because of the time she was released. The concepts back in early 2012 were fun, even if they were lacking in creativity. I mean, we have an anchor wielding diver, a bomber squirrel, magic smurf hippie, snobby french Nikasaur and Badlands/Tundra Barbarian Babe. Right after Lulu, we were suddenly smashed with champion after champion who tried to be 'Cool,' with the two exceptions being DRAAAAAAAAAAAVEN and Jayce, the latter of which caused a huge ****storm when he was released due to lore.

After Jayce, we had Angry Plant Lady, Angry Moon Lady, Angry Cat Man, Angry Psychic Lady, Angry Mantis Alien, Evil Spider Lady, Angry Ninja. Even when we were supposed to take Sej seriously, she still was a relic of the time-- when LoL champ releases were more goofy/outrageous/cool/fun. Even ignoring the handwave of a reason why she was in a bikini, it still made sense in the context of LoL champs, because the game was more cartoonish. Something I personally liked, and am saddened by riot removing from the game.

~~~

On the subject of Caitlyn, the only thing I'm expecting is a hat larger than she is.

Daedalus871

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marenjii View Post
I included the part about belts to show that she has some semblance to other Piltover champions.
Lol forgot Heimer isn't human. Why would you say that it is essentially a uniform. How do you get that vibe? How do you get the teenage girl vibe from Cait? Dresses ending in mini skirts are not strictly teenage fashion. https://www.google.com/search?q=mini...w=1366&bih=683 Almost all of those at a glance are adult women, not teenagers. A lot of champs in the game imo don't exactly hold up to the "idea" of what they are (I use idea loosely, don't have a better word) of what/who they are. But in my opinion that is what makes League, League. These are people from another world, where societal norms are different. This is so extreme that within the same continent people live vastly different lives, with vastly different ways of life. Piltover and Zaun are but a few miles away (I think, no scale on map of Runeterra ftw) But they have polar opposites when it comes to lifestyles. Sherlock is from our world, not theirs.
I looked at the link (and went to images). If someone dressed like that said "Your under arrest" and put me in hand cuffs, I would be surprised if I wasn't at strip club (or something along those lines).

And while some champion's appearance may not really convey their theme, for the most part they do.

Garen - Good guy
Pantheon - Loves to fight for the sake of fighting
Yordles - Happy
Poppy - Traumatized out of her yordlecent
Jayce - Welcomed Vilgante

Caitlynn on the other hand, her theme seems to be a methodical cop.
Her appearance, seems to be a college age women going to a frat party.

Now there isn't really an argument to be made against "Different world, different norms" other than other champions are believable in this world.

In the end, Caitlyn being a methodical cop and miniskirts being her ideal choice wear do not clash well together in my mind, so I think the miniskirt should go.

Fatalfugus

06-25-2014

Clothe and armor them all ye wish. As long as all female champs have at least ONE sexy skin, I'm cool with it.

Rastamon Ganja

06-25-2014

Caitlyn = Gemma Arterton (thinking of her from the movie Hansel and Gretel: witch Hunters)

Also, I know this is way of topic but is there going to be an ultimate skin this year? Please tell me cryptically oh great parrot king! I am dying to know... maybe literally...

Crazy Jinx

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisLeGros View Post
I personally think Iron Scales Shyvana would have made for a better base for her, but beyond that I don't think there has ever really been any problems with Shyvana's visual design.

Her design shows of strength without overly sexualizing her. Everything pretty much fits together. She is part dragon so it is expected that she won't need full armor like someone like Jarvan, but the armor she does have at least has the appearance of being functional and isn't just there to be tantalizing.

Then she transforms into a ****ing full blown dragon. Not some half assed hybrid form like Elise's human form.

So yeah, I wouldn't really say there is anything wrong with Shyvana and would see no reason to expect changes with her visually.
I do agree that IronScale probably should have been her "Classic" skin, and her Classic a "Red Dragon" skin.

Boneclaw is my favorite personally, and I Do think Shyvana is one of the best designed champions in the game.

Shyvana is one of the view few and rare instances of a "Female Power Fantasy"

Quote:
what you'd consider a female power-fantsy character?

Shyvana from League of Legends is probably the most well known that comes from gaming.
She's a tall, muscular, half dragon female whom uses a Skull shaped weapon to punch and burn her enemies. Reading through her lore and creative design AMA she has little to no feminine features outside of being female. She's described as hateful, strong, savage, and vicious. She's placed in her lore as someone who viewed the human men as weaklings and expected them to die in battle along side her, and quote "Her human allies admire her power, they keep their distance"
Her Boneclaw skin she pretty much exudes a stern and powerful look that's more intimidation than anything else.
Her voice is lower pitched and rough, rather than fluid and feminine.
Her "resource" in game is Fury, and she gets more of it from being in a fight and attacking things.
Shyvana is a really good example of a "power girl" fantasy.

[...]I think Shyvana's armor is a bit of a different thing than the others. She just a brick wall kinda person. Especially her boneclaw skin, the whole them behind Boneclaw Shyvana is just pure strength and power. It's kinda like a brawler or berzerker version of a ninja armor. it's not really meant to be protective in the way that plate armor is. It lets her move and doesn't hold back her strength.
I mean she turns into a dragon. The one armor set that I do have an issue with is the IceDrake skin. I'm extremely bothered that they gave her heals. It's like, what in the ****?
The heels in the Ice Drake skin piss me off.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-25-2014
20 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
I'd like to say that Sej's old design was fine because of the time she was released. The concepts back in early 2012 were fun, even if they were lacking in creativity. I mean, we have an anchor wielding diver, a bomber squirrel, magic smurf hippie, snobby french Nikasaur and Badlands/Tundra Barbarian Babe. Right after Lulu, we were suddenly smashed with champion after champion who tried to be 'Cool,' with the two exceptions being DRAAAAAAAAAAAVEN and Jayce, the latter of which caused a huge ****storm when he was released due to lore.

After Jayce, we had Angry Plant Lady, Angry Moon Lady, Angry Cat Man, Angry Psychic Lady, Angry Mantis Alien, Evil Spider Lady, Angry Ninja. Even when we were supposed to take Sej seriously, she still was a relic of the time-- when LoL champ releases were more goofy/outrageous/cool/fun. Even ignoring the handwave of a reason why she was in a bikini, it still made sense in the context of LoL champs, because the game was more cartoonish. Something I personally liked, and am saddened by riot removing from the game.

~~~

On the subject of Caitlyn, the only thing I'm expecting is a hat larger than she is.
This is a very well constructed, thoughtful, and in many ways, valid point. This is not an isolated opinion, and I understand very much where you're coming from.