Would her beauty be buffed or nerfed?

Buff 396 70.71%
Nerf 164 29.29%
Voters: 560. You may not vote on this poll

Do you guys think the Caitlyn VU would make her more pretty or less pretty?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PingJockey

Senior Member

06-25-2014

Lady mechanika or riot!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RexSaur

Senior Member

06-25-2014

I want cait to keep her goofy hat and miniskirt, but knowing IS is working on it means she'll have 3 sets of clothes, and probably a normal sized common hat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ranma Saotom3

Senior Member

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Related question:

If you were to pick which actress would play Caitlyn in a movie, who would it be?

Post suggestions and I'll see what I can work into any potential VU :P
Mila Kunis.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeechBeech

Member

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Related question:

If you were to pick which actress would play Caitlyn in a movie, who would it be?

Post suggestions and I'll see what I can work into any potential VU :P
I can only think of an english Missy Peregrym


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-25-2014
18 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marace5 View Post
Didn't know IonCannonKarthus was so toxic, he seemed like a cool guy at first.
He's perfectly nice, we're chatting it up now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDudeMcDudeman View Post
On the subject of Sejuani:

Just because she CAN go out in a blizzard naked doesn't mean she would all the time.

She's a leader of her people and a warlord. It made no sense for her to be running around in a bikini like a Playboy bunny, lore or otherwise. She's going to be in battle - she could use some armor for both protection and to help make visually clear her position as the leader of her tribe.

As for Braum and Tryndamere - they could probably use some clothes, too.

Inb4 downvotes.
Braum & Tryn are both kind of stupid designs visually.

There is reason behind the stupidity though. Braum's whole shtick is being a strongman protector. His muscles are central to getting this across, that is why they are display. Braum's answer to things are muscling through them, even if they seem absurd (because he is supposed to absurd).

Tryn works in a similar way with muscles being there to display strength and his rage letting him shrug off things like pain and cold. I don't think it works nearly as well with Tryn since his design is such generic berserker/barbarian and it just seems contrived. It is power fantasy that is put onto a character that is attempted to be presented in a serious manner with being a political leader/king and on the other hand making a joke about his right arm being stronger than his left arm.

Braum comes off more of a mythical figure/legend that relishes in the ham/silliness of his character design. Him being topless in the arctic, carrying a giant shield, and punching **** with his bare hands is stupid, but it is supposed to be stupid and over the top as it is part of his character. Covering him up would be treating him as more human and more serious as a character, which would would not fit what is trying to be accomplished with the Braum character.

This is where there is problems with old Sejuani. She was portrayed as a more serious character, yet she is dressed a ridiculous manner and beyond that her physical appearance doesn't even fit with her lore. She is supposed to be a warleader, but she is dressed in a bikini. She was supposed to have undergone the harshest training of the Freijlord, but her physique was insignificantly different from any other female in this game. There was no pronounced musculature, there were no battle scars.

If Sejuani wants to pull off the naked in the arctic character design successfully then it should serve a purpose like Braum's design. Braum's lack of clothing is to demonstrate his muscles/strength and the absurdity of his character. If Sejuani is going to be naked in the snow it should be serving a similar purpose of showing off her strength (which old Sejuani did not do, which imo was part of the reason for it being a poor visual design).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sohleks

Senior Member

06-25-2014

I would like to have a less goofy looking Caitlyn but I don't play her so don't cater to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonCannonKarthus

Senior Member

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marace5 View Post
Didn't know IonCannonKarthus was so toxic, he seemed like a cool guy at first.
Play the game this long and try not caring about the art


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManDudeMcDudeman

Member

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisLeGros View Post
Braum & Tryn are both kind of stupid designs visually.

There is reason behind the stupidity though. Braum's whole shtick is being a strongman protector. His muscles are central to getting this across, that is why they are display. Braum's answer to things are muscling through them, even if they seem absurd (because he is supposed to absurd).

Tryn works in a similar way with muscles being there to display strength and his rage letting him shrug off things like pain and cold. I don't think it works nearly as well with Tryn since his design is such generic berserker/barbarian and it just seems contrived. It is power fantasy that is put onto a character that is attempted to be presented in a serious manner with being a political leader/king and on the other hand making a joke about his right arm being stronger than his left arm.

Braum comes off more of a mythical figure/legend that relishes in the ham/silliness of his character design. Him being topless in the arctic, carrying a giant shield, and punching **** with his bare hands is stupid, but it is supposed to be stupid and over the top as it is part of his character. Covering him up would be treating him as more human and more serious as a character, which would would not fit what is trying to be accomplished with the Braum character.

This is where there is problems with old Sejuani. She was portrayed as a more serious character, yet she is dressed a ridiculous manner and beyond that her physical appearance doesn't even fit with her lore. She is supposed to be a warleader, but she is dressed in a bikini. She was supposed to have undergone the harshest training of the Freijlord, but her physique was insignificantly different from any other female in this game. There was no pronounced musculature, there were no battle scars.

If Sejuani wants to pull off the naked in the arctic character design successfully then it should serve a purpose like Braum's design. Braum's lack of clothing is to demonstrate his muscles/strength and the absurdity of his character. If Sejuani is going to be naked in the snow it should be serving a similar purpose of showing off her strength (which old Sejuani did not do, which imo was part of the reason for it being a poor visual design).
Exactly the point I was trying to make, but was too stupid/tired to do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Angel 2003

Senior Member

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Well that's terrifying!
dont be scared bby

Name:  battlebunny tristana HQ finished.jpg
Views: 2001
Size:  964.2 KB