Would her beauty be buffed or nerfed?

Buff 396 70.71%
Nerf 164 29.29%
Voters: 560. You may not vote on this poll

Do you guys think the Caitlyn VU would make her more pretty or less pretty?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gutana

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonCannonKarthus View Post
So, how did you manage to wrangle your way into Champion Update and why doesn't a champion update come with a full set of new Splash arts to match the completely remodeled skins?
Spectacular sivir in game is actually decent (imo) post-rework, while the splash is still as ugly as ever, as with most of her other skins except the new winter one. rito why

ManDudeMcDudeman

06-24-2014

On the subject of Sejuani:

Just because she CAN go out in a blizzard naked doesn't mean she would all the time.

She's a leader of her people and a warlord. It made no sense for her to be running around in a bikini like a Playboy bunny, lore or otherwise. She's going to be in battle - she could use some armor for both protection and to help make visually clear her position as the leader of her tribe.

As for Braum and Tryndamere - they could probably use some clothes, too.

Inb4 downvotes.

TheKillerAngel

06-24-2014

Ironstylus, what are your personal thoughts on actresses or models who would best embody Caitlyn's look?

Ask the Herald

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisLeGros View Post
Gladiators were highly valued and some were like celebrities of their days. A lot of time and money went into their training and they were far from "human garbage." There were prisoners that they had to throw to the lions and treat like human garbage, gladiators were well above that level and would rarely fight to the death.
Yeah, no. That's what the ORIGINAL Gladiators were. I don't know what re-re history you've read, but gladiators were slaves who were forced to fight for the entertainment of others, most of the time to the death.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-24-2014
16 of 21 Riot Posts

Quote:
So, how did you manage to wrangle your way into Champion Update and why doesn't a champion update come with a full set of new Splash arts to match the completely remodeled skins?
Honestly, this isn't the thread for the discussion. I'm not on the splash team so it's not my place to say. But for all your other complaints I'll gladly address them in the client if you want to chat. I added you in game if you want to talk about things further.

IonCannonKarthus

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutana View Post
Spectacular sivir in game is actually decent (imo) post-rework, while the splash is still as ugly as ever, as with most of her other skins except the new winter one. rito why
Spectacular Sivir is terrible in game, the handle of her boomerang is a permanent addition to her hand, even when she throws the thing the handle is STILL stuck in her hand without the blades. It's shoddy work, looks like they ripped it out of a WoW beta client.

Wife Of Shyvana

06-24-2014

I hate to be rude IronStylus, but the more and more I read about your intentions for Cait's VU, it seems we're going to lose Cait as we know her now.

This isnt the first time this sort of thing has happened either.
Sejuani's VU and the intentions behind it quite literally ruined my 2nd favorite character ever created, then I hear rumor of a Quinn rework and VU and I just get nervous and think "how is riot going to ruin these characters?"

The best VU was Soraka, was pleasantly surprised, but the Sejuani update destroyed any trust I had in Riot to preserve the characters that I've grown to love and adore over the years.

not all of its bad, but at the same time most of the champions i play are just side interest and their VU doesn't concern me.
Cait's VU i could probably overlook, but with each VU I see less and less of a dedication to preserve the original character.
Your comments about the Cait VU seem to care less about who cait already is and changing her more to be like Vi and Jayce because you believe they set a better standard and Cait no longer fits that.
Which in my eyes is betraying who Cait is as a character that I've grown to know over the years.

As much as the VU idea worries me, I can overlook most of it, except when it comes to the champion I've played to pure obsession.
Shyvana.
Over the years I've played so many games as Shyvana, and put so much time and effort into her, and felt to the point inspired by the character, that it feels like a person I've grown to know almost personally.
With the attitudes presented, I fear gravely that a VU for Shy would end up betraying the person I know now as the Demacian half dragon Elite Guard, and that she'd be altered, changed, and repurposed simply because she doesn't appear to be demacian in the same way Jarvan, Garen, or Quinn does.

These champions have quirks about them that seem to generate a personality about them, and as much as I dislike the ideas of Cait's VU, it makes me deeply worried about what will be said and done when Shyvana's VU comes up.

I can't play Sejuani with out her traditional skin anymore, and I despise seeing her on the enemy team without it. I feel that the "bear" skin for her was an outright utter insult to who she was as a character.

The talks about VU just make me vastly nervous that Riot doesn't care about these characters, and the Original ideas and themes behind the characters.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Girl Sej View Post
I believe Quinn was original suppose to be male (not making a joke here. I'm pretty sure I remember them saying she was male and switch to female during the development process)
Oh...wow. So she's a modern day Poison? Hmm...they could really work that into the lore imo. Would be cool to have a transgender AND it'd be meta at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus871 View Post
Her outfit should be something that allows her to chase down criminals while being able to attend some fancy dinner party. A miniskirt is neither.
Did you just imply you wouldn't want a young lady with a mini-skirt in your own party.

Because I'd let her in...she also come with cupcakes.

Also, considering she's a woman in a steampunky setting like Piltover, that actually would be what she'd wear in a high society party that also doubles as a mobile attire. You ain't gonna see women in tight pants unless you're a rebel like Vi.

Arcus Veles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Tactical mini-skirt?
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5d7...2ZHWFBlXzZGWVE

Gutana

06-24-2014

kindly requests that ioncannonkarthus posts the conversation ty god bless

Quote:
Spectacular Sivir is terrible in game, the handle of her boomerang is a permanent addition to her hand, even when she throws the thing the handle is STILL stuck in her hand without the blades. It's shoddy work, looks like they ripped it out of a WoW beta client.
Fair enough, but it was still a major improvement over how it used to be in game, her arms were so ugly before i couldnt even