Summoner's Rift Map Design feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosGuardian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2014

There should be certain map changes depending on which champion is being played (like easter eggs). Like if jayce used his acceleration gate on the techish side, then the map could interact with it, same with the mages on the right side of the map.

Idiotic panda

06-16-2014

The Castor minions attack is hard to distinguish for me. If you could make the attack it does stand out more, that would be great, cause when i see it it just looks like a wisp.

SoLunAether

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2014

After watching the VoD of the new map, I think it really looks great! There's only one major critique I have for it, and I haven't the time to search through all 12 pages to see if anyone else has said it. In my opinion, the wall going into the red base is too indistinguishable from the floor of the base. Look when they're sieging at 30:44. At 30:50 you can see that the colors of the wall and the floor make it hard to tell where the wall is - it just looks like an open area to me. Maybe the wall should be a different color, could be cracked, or even have a slightly sharper outline. I like the muted tones, but I think that that at least should be more readable. I wasn't able to get a good look at blue base, but at the very least I think the red base should be looked at to see if there is a way to make it more readable. Other than that, the new Rift looks great!

NaimusNA

06-20-2014

Hi, there's a "bug" on the new map regarding the navmesh and only Fizz.
On the old map was also present, fizz can't jump with his E the two walls on the Red team blue camp like on the blue team blue camp, on the old map was a "stewpot" or "soup" blocking the spot where you should jump, but on the new map this object is gone but the navmesh is the same so you can't walk or jump on that point.
here a video of what you should be able to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkaUu5S1GPY
I attached an image (sorry for the quality) of what I think the navmesh is and was (red), and what fizz should be able to do (green).

So, it is possible to "fix" the navmesh like you did on the red team red camp, and let fizz jump these two walls?

I don't have access to PBE so I sent a support ticket and he told me I have to write here.
I confirmed the bug thanx to a streamer on twitch.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg navmeshredside.jpg (128.9 KB, 42 views)

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-24-2014
10 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaimusNA View Post
Hi, there's a "bug" on the new map regarding the navmesh and only Fizz.
On the old map was also present, fizz can't jump with his E the two walls on the Red team blue camp like on the blue team blue camp, on the old map was a "stewpot" or "soup" blocking the spot where you should jump, but on the new map this object is gone but the navmesh is the same so you can't walk or jump on that point.
here a video of what you should be able to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkaUu5S1GPY
I attached an image (sorry for the quality) of what I think the navmesh is and was (red), and what fizz should be able to do (green).

So, it is possible to "fix" the navmesh like you did on the red team red camp, and let fizz jump these two walls?

I don't have access to PBE so I sent a support ticket and he told me I have to write here.
I confirmed the bug thanx to a streamer on twitch.

Yeah I will look into it

Koi Nami Only

06-24-2014

So Reds do find this part of the forums :O

Dun dun DUNNNNNN! Mostly kidding but it is nice to see a red at least revisiting ;p

NaimusNA

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Yeah I will look into it
<3 more than enough, thank you.

Siachi

06-24-2014

While watching a friend of mine streaming the new Summoner's Rift, he pointed out a couple of issues that I'm not sure if they've been fixed/your aware of or not, not having access to a PBE account myself (Though I sent an application in MONTHS ago).

There was apparently an issue where, on the Purple (Red) side, the champions wouldn't spawn correctly (Instead of in a pentagon-ish pattern, 2 or so champions would spawn in the same place, leaving one 'point' empty). I'm not sure if this was an occasional thing, or a constant thing that would have been noticed alraedy

And then there was an issue with Super Galaxy Rumble's spawn animation on the map, though I can't for the life of me remember what it was exactly.

Artist3I3

06-24-2014

@RiotForScience Regarding someone's comment about the lack of the Nexus's and Inhibitors apparent importance. I think I have an idea. Let's tell the players what it is they are visually. The inhibitors prevent your Nexus from being attacked. So when all inhibs are up let's show a shield engulfing the Nexus. And the Nexus is your power source, so let's show some magical leylines connecting the Nexus to the inhibs that corresspond to the specific side's colors. Maybe such things can help show when inib respawn as well as how the minions become formed. As to explain super minions spawning from your inhib of that lane, make it seem larger or more important. Attached is a slow gif of what I mean

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Visual-Clues.gif
Views:	23
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	996357  

Solarious28

06-24-2014

I just want to know if there will be anymore changes besides graphical. Will we get new palettes for champion abilities and summoner's spells? Will "VICTORY" and "DEFEAT" look different as well?