Dear Riot... please give us a 3rd camera option

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commando Yi

06-17-2014

does this mean i can finally look under ahri's skirt?

Penteano

06-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaurlord View Post
lolcamera is/was cool, but it definitely wasn't intuitive.
Yeah, not 100%. Spl3en wanted to make it happen that's why it had some settings like enemy weight so the cam could guess more what you were going to do.
For me the best part of lolcamera is that it made the game more agile and I'm talking as someone that played with 240 ping

Edit: Riot now adding timers. Can we have hopes about this semi locked cam then? Rito pls!
@Morello
@RiotForScience
@Riot Sargonas

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-24-2014
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I am looking into solutions for the problem you are trying to solve with the camera. I hear what you are saying, I don't know if what I am working on will work yet so I am not in a position to give much information about it. Sorry I don't have any information for you. I just wanted to let you know that we are paying attention to this concern.

Penteano

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I am looking into solutions for the problem you are trying to solve with the camera. I hear what you are saying, I don't know if what I am working on will work yet so I am not in a position to give much information about it. Sorry I don't have any information for you. I just wanted to let you know that we are paying attention to this concern.
Thank you very much for looking into it. \(^_^)/

219 Represent

06-24-2014

I believe switching the camera view to look at the back for purple side will solve that issue.

Penteano

06-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 219 Represent View Post
I believe switching the camera view to look at the back for purple side will solve that issue.
Only on SR and only in lane phase. Once the teamfight starts or if you are playing other modes it wouldn't solve it. My suggestion is global and focused on locked cam players.

editing first post to add the hope RiotForScience is giving to us xD

MikeMaManNA

06-24-2014

Hey guys. Fixed camera does what? Just tell engine the location of the camera right? How hard is it to make on the press of the button "x" to send a command to the engine the location of the champion regarding the center of the screen? I mean if you have 1024*768 screen area, and the centered camera champion position is X=(1024/2) * Y=(768/2) . so if the champion is lets say two thirds towards the right side of the screen X=(1024/3)*2=682 Y=384 and leave it in this position till the camera modifier button pressed again! A mean everything in the game is programmed relatively to the game environment and the same can be dome with the camera. Correct me if i am wrong on how easy is this.

Patch19

06-25-2014

The argument that stated the physical health problems made me cry

If you're such a fatass that moving a mouse is gonna tire you out, you need to go to the hospital man.

Keizgon

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
I have tried suggesting to Riot Nome via Twitter (he was asking about HUD/GUI, not entirely sure this was his goal though), that giving us a more flexible way to lock the camera in different locations besides center could resolve this problem if you can't rotate it. Maybe you can look into this?

Basically give us the normal center lock and another toggle/button for "flex mode" to lock it in your preference relative to your champion? Or you could specify these other positions, but I don't think this would outweigh the benefit from "flexible locked area".

Other forms of fixing the issue though is most certainly welcome too. Thank you for not forgetting about this.

Penteano

06-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keizgon View Post
I have tried suggesting to Riot Nome via Twitter (he was asking about HUD/GUI, not entirely sure this was his goal though), that giving us a more flexible way to lock the camera in different locations besides center could resolve this problem if you can't rotate it. Maybe you can look into this?

Basically give us the normal center lock and another toggle/button for "flex mode" to lock it in your preference relative to your champion? Or you could specify these other positions, but I don't think this would outweigh the benefit from "flexible locked area".

Other forms of fixing the issue though is most certainly welcome too. Thank you for not forgetting about this.
lolcamera could do this. I used it sometimes in ARAM because it's a single lane and there is no chance of an enemy coming from behind (except Pant ult damn). But the problem is that this would fix the problem only in SR and only in lane phase, that's why IMO it wouldn't be enough.