Curse Voice Update

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 37
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gene Freakz

06-20-2014

Hello Gd,

This may be a silly post, but I had heard rumors about using Curse Voice and getting your account banned (Even after Curse got rid of their timers). I contacted Riot via their support page and they got back to me saying, as of now, it is fine to use it.

Thanks,
GF

Edit:
Holy Hell Riot,
I posted this yesterday after receiving the email below. I thought nothing of it at the time because I only got one response. I saw that it was on the front page today with all the red posts and was like WTF!

Slumber Jack (League of Legends Player Support)
Jun 19 15:38

Hi Gene Freakz,

Thanks for writing in and apologies for the delay. At this time, Curse Voice is allowed as it no longer connects you automatically to other players nor does it modify the in-game client in any way. So long as this remains the case, we're perfectly fine with your using it.

Of course, Curse has the option of updating/modifying their software at any time, so do be wary moving forward if you choose to continue using it as our approval of it might not always be the case.

Let me know if you're in need of clarification.

Best regards,

Slumber Jack
Player Behavior Advocate
Riot Games

Notice how he says IS allowed. I posted a request on your support page and had to wait a few weeks for an answer. This is what I was told, and now a Red is telling me I can't. What is going on?!?!?!? Should I never use the support page again? Can I not trust anything they say?

ummme

06-20-2014

Yeah the day Riot changed policy stating certain aspects of Curse Voice was illegal to use, curse disabled those features.

Riot Sargonas

Developer Relations Manager

Follow Riot Sargonas on Twitter

4 Weeks Ago
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in here. It is NOT ok to use Curse Voice yet. Yes they removed timers, but there are still other concerns we had outlined in our original statement regarding voice chat and overlays. (timers were only 1 of three issues we had with the application at that time.) We're working closely with Curse to help them make changes that will fit within the guidelines of our ecosystem, so hopefully in the future it will be in the clear once more, as we DO want this to work out well for everyone. However, at this time nothing has changed since our last posting about the issue a few weeks ago.

UnderworldH4des

4 Weeks Ago

Lol ^

inb4 bans.

Starrow

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post
Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in here. It is NOT ok to use Curse Voice yet. Yes they removed timers, but there are still other concerns we had outlined in our original statement regarding voice chat and overlays. (timers were only 1 of three issues we had with the application at that time.) We're working closely with Curse to help them make changes that will fit within the guidelines of our ecosystem, so hopefully in the future it will be in the clear once more, as we DO want this to work out well for everyone. However, at this time nothing has changed since our last posting about the issue a few weeks ago.
Wat? But they removed everything against the rules.

TheKillerAngel

4 Weeks Ago

At this point the only thing in CV is the voice comms. It's basically been pared down to just that.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

4 Weeks Ago

Here's the problem.

It still gives an unfair advantage to those who do not or can not use it.

Austinodood

4 Weeks Ago

Okay so what are the other two issues?

Jonesybones

4 Weeks Ago

Doesn't skype and ventrilo, and teamspeak do the exact same thing with out an overlay?

Dab Buffet

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Sargonas View Post

Behold rito, the based nazi gods

1234511 ... 37