Riot's list of "high value targets"

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-19-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdJr View Post
Odd, this whole time i thought riot already was basing their priorities around the community's perceptions and desires.
Player value and player experience first is our core tenant at Riot, above all else. There will always be a balance between what the player expectation is and we can realistically achieve, in how much time, at what quality bar, etc. Where the worlds intersect is where we're able to act most efficiently, I feel. Where we do our players the most service is very much served by how efficient we can be, or so my gut says. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to wrack our brain over something that might be, perceptually, highly desired, but maybe isn't achievable without a lot of time for development, limited resources, or other factors, and might not be seen for quite a while. That's why the balancing of high value in the short/medium term versus long term slow-burn on larger character reworks is essential in my view.

From ChampUp point of view, it might come in the form of where the most player value can come given a set of circumstances, such as the visual/thematic fidelity of a champion, how viable or visible they are in the current meta, if the opportunity is ripe in terms of investment versus payoff, and what the realistic time frame is. Bang for the buck, really.

Sion is a huge priority for example, maybe more pressing than Twitch, Heimer, Karthus, etc, in the grand scheme, but he's been slowly baking while these other champions have had a clearer path to solving. The Sion progress has been highly iterative, and meanwhile, we've been able to deliver quality stuff that resonates while we tackle something really big.

Coldmanj

06-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'd be interested in general to see the community's perception of potential high value targets for Visual Updates and Visual/Gameplay Updates to compare against our internal assumptions.
Lets see... since sion is already in the works ill skip him

on the game play side of things: no particular order
Poppy
Taric
Alistar
Evelynn
Lee Sin
Fiora
Gangplank
Nunu (I hope)
Shaco
Singed
Soraka
Sona
Urgot
Twisted Fate (another I hope)
Vladimir
Warwick
Yorick
Zilean
Many of these could use visual work as well.

purely visuals
Malphite
Veigar
xin zhao
udyr
Pantheon
Nocturne
Morgana
Kayle?
Mordekaiser
amumu
caitlin
ezreal
gragas
kassadin
tristana

that is about it i think

Akali is SO HOT

06-19-2014

Sion

Definitely not Shaco though from what we've seen or rather what we haven' seen

alaskaneagle

06-19-2014

Quote:
Player value and player experience first is our core tenant at Riot, above all else. There will always be a balance between what the player expectation is and we can realistically achieve, in how much time, at what quality bar, etc. Where the worlds intersect is where we're able to act most efficiently, I feel. Where we do our players the most service is very much served by how efficient we can be, or so my gut says. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to wrack our brain over something that might be, perceptually, highly desired, but maybe isn't achievable without a lot of time for development, limited resources, or other factors, and might not be seen for quite a while. That's why the balancing of high value in the short/medium term versus long term slow-burn on larger character reworks is essential in my view.

From ChampUp point of view, it might come in the form of where the most player value can come given a set of circumstances, such as the visual/thematic fidelity of a champion, how viable or visible they are in the current meta, if the opportunity is ripe in terms of investment versus payoff, and what the realistic time frame is. Bang for the buck, really.

Sion is a huge priority for example, maybe more pressing than Twitch, Heimer, Karthus, etc, in the grand scheme, but he's been slowly baking while these other champions have had a clearer path to solving. The Sion progress has been highly iterative, and meanwhile, we've been able to deliver quality stuff that resonates while we tackle something really big.

You know, a poll in forum so that the most vocal league players could choose which one champ they most want to see would be nice idea. I wouldn't do more than one this way since forum doesn't represent enough of the player base, but statistically they would represent a larger amount of people than just the ones here on forum.

Besides, a red post poll would get a lot of attention and be fairly accurate of what the players want.

All Hail Swain

06-19-2014

I'd like to see Swain get a visual upgrade in the same way Anivia and Rammus got one. Though, some parts of his model are somewhat blocky, like Beatrice, his default skin cane, and stuff like that.

JabbaClown

06-19-2014

I'm pretty sure hes not a high pritority as opposed the pizza feet champions, but what are your thoughts on Ryze when it comes to a VU? I'm actually quite curious whats going to happen to him after seeing him in A Twist of Fate

Ralik098

06-19-2014

Quote:
I'd be interested in general to see the community's perception of potential high value targets for Visual Updates and Visual/Gameplay Updates to compare against our internal assumptions.
+1 for this thread

I really wish we could see "the list" of who Riot thinks is a high priority for gameplay and visual updates rather than just trying to guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKickzZ4 View Post
I heard you were working on updating Irelia. Could you share some early concept work if possible?
Also this, I already know the answer is no, but I still want to see this.

alaskaneagle

06-19-2014

O & I'd personally choose rammus for getting love, and poppy getting visual love.

Mizuen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2014

Cho'gath VU, Karma skin, Warwick VU. Thats pretty much my list.

PhoenixSlayer13

06-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuen View Post
Cho'gath VU, Karma skin, Warwick VU. Thats pretty much my list.
Parrot actually talked about Cho recently. He really wants to scale Cho up to massive nightmare Kaiju levels of awesome, so it might take a while to come out.

12345678 ... 9