We are updating Summoner's Rift

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agrrox

06-15-2014

My feedbacks are the following:

1. Super Minion Design
I think the new super minion details are good but overall it looks more futuristic compare to small minions as we can see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFt_zzBIvyQ
It reminds me Transformers or like some kind of vehicles from Starcraft 2. The Arm looks like laser rifle which looks good but in my opinion it doesn't fits the theme.
My idea is he should look like an stone, ancient druid, who was for decades in deep sleep.
But awaken and hired to fight by side of champions.
Just to make it look more natural.

2. Minions spawning from structures instead of blink spawn.
By default minions spawn from out of nowhere ( they literally blink in front of nexus).
I think better would be if they come out of structure. Maybe a little doors or holes in Nexus?
But i heard riot dont want to make minions spawn straight from nexus.
So instead i have decided to use default spawn locations and made som amateurish photoshoping...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg spawn_loc1.jpg (210.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg spawn_loc2.jpg (218.0 KB, 39 views)

Zac x Me

06-15-2014

I like the new Baron, but the colours look kinda unfitting.
I assume the Baron is based on the artwork we have displayed currently when opening the patcher:

Name:  attachment.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  57.8 KB

The colours from the artwork just look much more natural and fitting to Baron and its surroundings imo.
Green eyes and goo with brown scales that go faintly reddish/purple-ish, just looks so much nicer on the artwork.
If possible, it would be great if Barons colours could be adjusted to the one from the artwork.

--

Also, with the VU, will we have a winter/halloween/fall/summer map? (even if it's for normals only)
Little additions like that make a big difference in how enjoyable the game is for us players.
Would be great if those alternate maps would come every once in a while, just like the special game modes like URF or OFA.

--

Also, could we have a purple caster minion easter egg somewhere on the map pls?
Gotta love the purple caster minions.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-19-2014
68 of 73 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac x Me View Post
I assume the Baron is based on the artwork we have displayed currently when opening the patcher:

This is a point that probably deserves some clarification. People reasonably assume that if they see something first that the next thing they see will be based on the previous thing. This is often not the case in game development. Baron was one of the very first things we created for the update and subsequent versions of the Baron including this illustration and the "Twist of Fate" cinematic are actually based on the in-game model, not the other way around.

We use a more saturated palate in our game than we would implement in an illustration for game-play reasons. We are just trying to communicate different things.

cwcriner

06-19-2014

So the real questions are:

Is there new Backround music for Rift?
and do the shopkeepers talk?

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcriner View Post
So the real questions are:

Is there new Backround music for Rift?
and do the shopkeepers talk?
I think i saw on Surrender@20 that the shopkeepers will have quotes

Borand

06-19-2014

Mr RiotForScience, if you are still monitoring this thread, I have to offer some feedback/suggestions about the new summoners rift.

I believe you people are looking for feedback, so I'm going to go ahead and say it's hosted in the community beta, SR subcategory under the name:
"[Suggestion(s)] Have these been considered on the new SR map?"

I'm not linking anything as it's quite annoying to for the readers of the thread. I would like to know if you've seen it though and what you think of the feasibility of said suggestion.

sir slicer

06-20-2014

Baron's claws by his feet need to be more dynamic. Right now they just rotate with him and it looks bad. Also, the very back claw looks like there is nothing attached to it.
Those are my beefs.

This update will be phenomenal.

Also the music! oh my lands the music! Hellatight

sir slicer

06-20-2014

bump for response to my other comment. on page 72

Shurle

06-20-2014

looks awful turn the map sideways into a diamond so that purple doesn't suck

you fricken jumped the shark you had the perfect game going but now you freaking jumped the shark I stayed quiet about it until now im making a facebook group

Dremiist

06-20-2014

The map look good but the Contrast and Color of the map is too low , the color is less present and the brightness is too high , it's too greyish it's like the colors died or something.

I prefer the more colored world of the actual map it's just a color preference and I hope there will be an option to change it into a more "cartoonish colored map"

I don't like the " let's copy dota and heroe of newerth darkish world" they feel unappealing to my eyes

and why does every time you rework something it become super bright and less colored?