daily reminder diana needs to be looked at still

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiteAzure

06-18-2014

I'll wait for your return diana, as long as the moon rises everyday there might be a chance you will too.

Thanks parrot for update.

Charles Barklius

06-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunice View Post
nah she sucks and you're saying this theoretically

you're telling me that there's no qol buffs that would be able to make her fun to play again?

on top of that 1 rioter said that they wanted to fix diana because they know she sucks and doesn't feel good to play right now.
You buff Diana just a little too much and she Rengars it

The tanky Orianna ult that initiates fights by 1 shotting your carry and using Zhonya's never ends well

SmokingPuffin

06-18-2014

Riot decided they don't like fighter/assassins. That's a pretty big deal for Diana, they've basically said she can't be competitive. Personally, I rather liked how she worked in competitive play when she was good, but I don't make the balance decisions.

I'm crushed by the whole thing because I looooooove Diana. That login screen omg.

pleep

06-18-2014

Riot post without a million brainless upvotes?

IS THIS FORUM OK?

SmokingPuffin

06-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
She's considered a "high value target", but at the moment, there are just higher value targets above her. I think she's going to go through the same analysis that game designers have talked about in terms of where fighters stand in LoL in general.
I don't mind if Diana's not in the front of the line. I'm really excited about some of the other projects you have cooking. Evelynn plz!

That said, are you guys ever going to say anything on fighters beyond "we don't like how they work today"?

I feel like y'all have been beating around this bush for years. None of the fighter reworks really work -- not Skarner, not Olaf, not Rengar, not Master Yi. If we're going to need a new vision of how fighters work in order to get fighter reworks we can actually play in serious games, I'd say it ought to be a higher priority.

NinetyNineTails

06-19-2014

Not every champion that's in a bad place is being 'ignored'. Not every champion that is not currently front-burnered is being 'ignored'. And just because something isn't going to happen in the next month doesn't mean that nothing will ever happen.

I think you need to relax. It sucks when your favorite champion is weak, but these things go in cycles.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

06-19-2014
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingPuffin View Post
I don't mind if Diana's not in the front of the line. I'm really excited about some of the other projects you have cooking. Evelynn plz!

That said, are you guys ever going to say anything on fighters beyond "we don't like how they work today"?

I feel like y'all have been beating around this bush for years. None of the fighter reworks really work -- not Skarner, not Olaf, not Rengar, not Master Yi. If we're going to need a new vision of how fighters work in order to get fighter reworks we can actually play in serious games, I'd say it ought to be a higher priority.
Well, I'm unfortunately not the best person to ask. What I do know is that I do understand.. as much as an artist can understand.. the predicament designers are in when it comes to fighters.

This is the most anecdotal and non-professional opinion ever, but my amateur guess would be that once a broad analysis is done, more broad strokes can be made in terms of fighters, past and future. At least with some of the insight I've seen on the side of ChampUp, where a lot of those heavier balance and mechanics changes now happen, I feel it's going to take a broad initiative and some good analysis.

Gangsta Weeaboo

06-19-2014

Why are you still here? Please leave.

Lexi BeIIe

06-19-2014

riot prefers nid lulu ori mid instead of diana or any assassins thats why they nerf any melee thats good

SmokingPuffin

06-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Well, I'm unfortunately not the best person to ask. What I do know is that I do understand.. as much as an artist can understand.. the predicament designers are in when it comes to fighters.

This is the most anecdotal and non-professional opinion ever, but my amateur guess would be that once a broad analysis is done, more broad strokes can be made in terms of fighters, past and future. At least with some of the insight I've seen on the side of ChampUp, where a lot of those heavier balance and mechanics changes now happen, I feel it's going to take a broad initiative and some good analysis.
I know bro. I don't mean to take it out on you. I'm frustrated on the topic because I see good designers being thrown at basically unsolvable problems and the results aren't helping the game.

We can't get to healthy fighters one champion at a time. We certainly can't get to healthy fighters by reworking fighters to be nowhere near the "Renekton bar", which seems to be the current plan of action. The fighter class needs less reliance on raw statistical might and more opportunities to outplay the oppponent.

I totally want to hear more discussion of a broad analysis of the fighter class. That's exactly what needs to happen. I'm really hoping to see some productive action on the class, and not just a few champions, in the next preseason. Rito plz!