@WizardCrab

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommandShockwave

06-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
We don't reprice legacy skins. We always bring them back at the original price they had. There are a bunch of reasons for this that we've been over. I can go over them again if you'd like
I don't mean to be "that guy", but I recall certain legendary legacy skins being re-priced on their re-release. I myself was refunded half the price of Annie in Wonderland.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

06-16-2014
71 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Objects View Post
Under formal obligations, I officially challenge WizardCrab to a Crab Battle. The competition shall be friendly, but my honor as an Urgot main depends on me being able to assert dominance in this regards. Time and Date can both be arranged in the future depending on our respective schedules.

How do you respond?
Haha I'm a terrible Urgot player at the moment. I haven't consistently used him in well over a year.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

06-16-2014
72 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouEvenRiftBro View Post
@Wizardcrab how does it feel to hit diamond 1 mostly playing support? Please explain to us that feel.. some of us don't understand that feel. Also congrats... OOh one more thing.. are you busy? Wanna do an aram?
feelsgood.jpg

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

06-16-2014
73 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftsLikeGaston View Post
How are you doing today?
Good then, good now!

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

06-16-2014
74 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ultimator View Post
Hey WizardCrab, have you seen Eliv around lately? I haven't seen GD's resident pirate in a long while :/
Not specifically but I'm sure he's around.

Ashelleia

06-16-2014

Will you guys ever bring back that monthly sales forecast? I understand it was a test, but it was really convenient.

Whoops, haven't used this account in ages but still managed to log in.

Linna Excel

06-16-2014

WizardCrab, would you considering selling things like traditional skins for IP instead of RP and have them always available? That'd be a cool way for people to get a skin of a champ who had a VU and would be a way to get them into "buying" skins.

Also, are you guys going to speed up your schedule for making champions cheaper? Some games out there or in development don't make you buy champs at all and after you announced your plan to make older champs cheaper, riot slowed down releases.

ShadowGlaive213

06-16-2014

WizardCrab what is your opinion on Riot's encouragement of concentrated hate on an individual champ? How many Teemos have been killed off in their videos? How many times has Riot written of slaughtering Teemos? No other champ receives this sort of discrimination. I feel this is really inconsiderate of Teemo fans, and the joke has grown old. This promoted hate is to the point that it affects in game experience. Teemo has a powerful global taunt and players who pick/play Teemo are treated far more poorly by other players than any other champ from my observations. Even on the forums pretty much any comment expressing support or love for Teemo on threads gets down voted =/

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

06-19-2014
75 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladayen View Post
This is your opportunity to demonstrate what a player focused company you are and how proactive you can be. Alternatively you could just wait and the EU will probably make digital refunds mandatory in a year or two. Then you have to react. Are you aware of the new law that just came into effect as of midnight? http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/...ht-633185.html The excuse that nobody else does it is a rather poor one.
https://www.origin.com/en-ca/great-game-guarantee
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200144510
Well played. Looks like I've got some stuff to think about.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

06-19-2014
76 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
The big issue with that argument, my crabby friend, is that normally those digital goods are paid for with real money. Skins and Champions are paid for with RP. When we buy the RP to put on our account, the exchange has been made. You have your money. Whether we spend that RP or not, you have the money in your pocket. What we spend that RP on is now our choice.

It'd be different if you were giving an actual refund, where I get my $20 back for the RP I spent because I disliked what I was purchasing. But in this case, you give us the RP back, but you still have my $20 that I spent to get that RP. I'm just using the RP on a different option more suitable to my liking.

Let's say I went to a restaurant and ordered something. It gets to my table and it is in no way what I thought I was getting. Maybe it looked better on the picture or they've changed their recipe up for it completely or something. You get a nice waiter who says "Sure, we'll sub you out for a different entree around the same price." They still have my money, but they're giving me another option because what I got was not what I thought it would be or I don't really like it as much as I thought I would.

Obviously this example is a little bit different than RP. In the restaurant example, it costs the restaurant more money to provide you with a substitute dish. For Riot, it costs them nothing to substitute/refund the RP you spent. They already have your money.
It actually does cost us more (in lost sales). RP is not a ton different from actual money, unless the player never plans on spending any money ever again. If I bought Longhorn Alistar, and then after playing it for a bit discovered Giant Enemy Crabgot, I may want to refund the former to get the latter. If I'm out of refunds, the next time I have $4.00 my next purchase would likely be Giant Enemy Crabgot. If we say those are the only skins I want, in one scenario I've spent $8.00, and in one I've spent $4.00. Now, I'm not saying it always works this way, but it definitely does sometimes which means we lose some percentage of revenue with refunds.

You're not totally wrong but to say we don't lose any money is just isn't true.