How to lose

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malumn

01-04-2010

You know what... It is annoying when people complain about their teammates. You know what's an even more surefire way to loose?

Not talking to your team at all will make you loose. So will not responding in any manner when they talk to you! This is a TEAM game!

At my elo, I can tell if it's going to be a good game or not just by how people talk, if at all, during character select!! If I get into a pub game and I say, "Golem?" and no one even says, "What?" then 9 times out of 10, the team will not work together at all, and if a team doesn't work together at all, then a loss is guaranteed unless the other team is just as disorganized as you.

Granrok

01-04-2010

I've decided that the best way to get past all of this nonsense is to just play a 5v1 and show everyone my total and complete awesomeness.

Morzas

01-04-2010

I think I'll put some postmortems in this thread to show the kind of thinking I want to start doing. I'll start it off with a game I just lost, in which I raged constantly.

It was against a partial premade (premade of 3 + 2 solo queuers) abusing Rally. One of the solo queuers was a friend of mine, who I had a fun face-off with in mid. After the game, I raged, saying "**** solo vs premade". This was the wrong reaction. I should have tried harder to get my team to pull together, since I know how that strategy works. For example, they went for dragon at the beginning, and I knew this. I could have told my team (they all just went to lane) and we could have delayed them (no way in hell could we teamfight them though, they had four rallies), throwing a wrench in their plans. Also, there were a lot of times where I chased enemies into their territory trying to get a kill, but they had a Rammus, so I should have known better than that, as Rammus has absurd mobility.

Gerodor

01-04-2010

Ahahahahhaha

What really made me laught in the initial (the only one i read) post is that in fact it is >>>Complaining<<< about complaining.

Dude think a little. If you were that much of a dude as you think you are. You wouldn`t have complained at all, instead you would have just keep plaing and stfu. Trought your own logic the moment you feel the need to express your disagreement with something (another way to say complain) you suck. And you did express your disagreement with people who complain so you also suck. Think about it.

And if we go a bit deeper, we can see that you are "externalizing" your fear of people who have enough guts and self esteam to tell to another people in a blunt way that they suck as *****es and the best possible thing they can do with their lifes is suicide so that they can get out of the way of trutfully capable people. (This as a fact does suck, but people are not born equal, some are just useless. I for one would prefer if everyone could be as cool as i am, than we would have taken Mars already, but unfortunatly as i've come to realize myself this is neither true nor possible)

I mean of course they are crybabies but sometimes when something is true it`s just true. For instance one of your guys is DCed for 10 minutes and obviosly not coming back. And the other team is obviosly not composed of complete suckers so you say, screw it let`s surrender and rematch, but everyone is "No we still have a chance". Well it`s obvious cold game mechanic. 5>4 Face it accept it, GG and next...

Thunknor

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerodor View Post
Ahahahahhaha

What really made me laught in the initial (the only one i read) post is that in fact it is >>>Complaining<<< about complaining.

Dude think a little. If you were that much of a dude as you think you are. You wouldn`t have complained at all, instead you would have just keep plaing and stfu. Trought your own logic the moment you feel the need to express your disagreement with something (another way to say complain) you suck. And you did express your disagreement with people who complain so you also suck. Think about it.

And if we go a bit deeper, we can see that you are "externalizing" your fear of people who have enough guts and self esteam to tell to another people in a blunt way that they suck as *****es and the best possible thing they can do with their lifes is suicide so that they can get out of the way of trutfully capable people. (This as a fact does suck, but people are not born equal, some are just useless. I for one would prefer if everyone could be as cool as i am, than we would have taken Mars already, but unfortunatly as i've come to realize myself this is neither true nor possible)

I mean of course they are crybabies but sometimes when something is true it`s just true. For instance one of your guys is DCed for 10 minutes and obviosly not coming back. And the other team is obviosly not composed of complete suckers so you say, screw it let`s surrender and rematch, but everyone is "No we still have a chance". Well it`s obvious cold game mechanic. 5>4 Face it accept it, GG and next...
2/10 for effort

Flashfires

01-04-2010

My thoughts on this are of two natures. While, yes, it is unhelpful during a game to ***** at a teammate or to just complain how you're losing because of X factor you can't change at the same time you need to speak up if someone is making a correctable mistake and I know for me if I'm not in a great mood that it can come out different then I meant it too. This is especially true on the internet because you can't catch tone and don't know how someone normally acts.

Also after the game you need to figure out why you lost and if you ignore those things to spare people's feelings you won't get any better. If player X is feeding Rat you might catch it too late, but after the game you need to tell them upfront their play cost you the game and then try and help them avoid that behavior in the future. (Or I suppose you can just wash your hands of it if it's some random player you don't know.) The fact is, factors outside your control can cost you the game and being realistic about that doesn't make you a terrible player or person.

OFC ARMEN J

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

when an eve on your team is 0/28/5 in the first 29 minutes of the game then you lost.

Jozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2010

That score seems entirely impossible. Counting time spent dead and travel time to get back in to danger, I'm not even sure how 28 deaths in 29 minutes could even happen.

Al da Bok

01-05-2010

I think some people on this thread missed its point. Let me try to state it in a different way :

All that the OP stated was : if you lose, and you think it's your team's fault, there are 3 basic choices you can make.

1. Whine, cry and rage to other team : shows your complete lack of class, and doesn't help you win next game.

2. Don't do anything. Well, that doesn't do anything.

3. Reflect on what could have been done better, from your side and your team's side.
Examples:
- That Eve gets stomped? Get in the brush next to her. When that -input champion name here- is coming to get a free kill, make him pay for it and make that eve grateful, and feel more responsible.

- Your team is not coordinated? Did you ask them to group? If you did, how? Did you tell them : you're noobs we will lose, you -insert insult here- ! or did you tell them : Guys, if we want to win, let's try to group together. Let's all go mid and we've got a chance.

- There is a guy who is a total feeder, and a real pain in the *** ? Bite the bullet, and take 2min at the end of the game to explain to him the basics : 'try to play defensive at first', 'don't die', 'before you start, you can pick that HP regen item', 'you get gold by last-hitting creeps' and all those things that seem obvious to us, but not for a noob. We all were noobs. If not on LoL, at least on DotA. The day a guy told me 'don't die', after 4 or 5 games, I got 5 times better.

Wonder why YOU should do this ? Well if everyone did it, you would have 10 times less of those guys who ruin your game without meaning it, because they would learn and become useful.

Then again, if a guy is not listening, feeding seemingly on purpose, and being insulting, try your best to make him leave that game as soon as possible.

And don't forget, whether you're playing for fun or to win, all this advice is sound and will help you getting what you want

Have fun IG, and thanks for Morzas to this post. Hope it will serve its purpose.