Riot is looking to remove Silence from LB

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathshroud09 View Post
Really not okay with removing mechanics from a champion without adding anything, especially one in such a precarious position as LeBlanc...it just leads into a downward spiral of mediocrity, and we all know that's happening too much in this game already. You need to be looking into who LeBlanc is as a champion, what her theme is supposed to be, and mold her abilities around this. Give her more interesting clone mechanics, emphasize her chains, something.
They added mobility, and she has more interesting clone mechanics.

The fact that you do not remember these additions do not make them any less additions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arwingflyer98

Recruiter

06-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsplosion View Post
Does this include Fiddle?
I'd also like to add, does this include Talon?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2000boxes

Senior Member

06-12-2014

So leblanc players have to actually use some skill now and people are complaining about it!
What is wrong with you people??!?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EMINEMINEMEMINEM

Senior Member

06-12-2014

mhmm delicious nooblord leblank spammer freelo whiner tears.
you cancerpickers now get the nerfbattreatment just like mordekaiser back then and urgot.
one less mustīve ban on the priolist and probably still a mustban later on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nfzeta

Member

06-13-2014

I have a strong feeling the only reason why lb has such a low win rate in solo q is because she is strong but harder to play, so you have more people looking for freelo who can't play her right.

As for people already asking for compensation i would say they have to wait and see how things go with her, those arguments about her not being able to land her combo are a bit of a stretch seeing as somehow other ranged ap assassins without silence seem to be able to do just that (aka ahri) it just means you have to actually watch for cc and time your windows of opportunity with how much burst you can get in like everyone else now instead of going in with the assurance that once you land that silence ur opponent can't do anything til your finished.

Now i will even go further and speak of a case where she did get compensation and to be honest if she does it would have to be more in the essence of a gameplay/kit change than a buff because even now her numbers are still formidable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nebolis

Member

06-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJakSparrow View Post
I don't think people really understand that . . . just about every single mid lane has either A: an ability for massive wave clear that also hits champions behind minions. B: targeted CC C:some form of sustain, or D: escape mechanisms . . . and usually this is all on one champion together. By removing the silence from Leblanc's Q, you're essentially making Leblanc a turret hugger till six, because I'm going to be frank.

If she tries to Q W any mid champion without silence she'll be instantly obliterated. Q W on Annie. Well, annie just Q W Q'd and then ignited you, aaaand you're dead.

Q w ryze? Well, you're Q'd, snared, bouncy balled, Q'd, flash, q ignite dead.

Khazix would just Q W then jump on you're landing zone, then q and kill you.

Veigar would just nuke you.

Zyra would just snare and nuke.

Fizz would just throw his r into your landing zone so you'd jump back into it and get nuked, or risk facing him head on and die.

Talon would just immediately E Q W R before you even had time to jump back.

Galio would just taunt you forcing your jump timer to run out, then proceed to pummel you to deaath and kill you.

Heimer would just stun you into 5 turrets and kill you before you could jump back.

Malz would just e, w, r deadz.

Cass would just R Q E deads.

Are you seeing where I'm going with this? Basically . . . she diiiies.

Can you combo without silence? No, because the counterplay to leblanc would basically be "stand behind a minion and burst her until six, because she only has one ability that she can use on you, or risk dying instantly. I.E Q. To make matters worse, it doesn't even do noticeable damage until after being popped a second time. Her only other working ability is her snare she can't hit you with if you're behind minions. So, until six, she really can't do anything at all. She might as well just go be a bot lane support at that point.


Exactly ! She is maybe a high burst mobility, but to burst she has to go on people and she is squishy !

She will just die every time she do her W.

She q/r/w on annie : annie just R/q/w/e and leblanc is dead...

She q/r/w on syndra : syndra just q/e/w/r leblanc is dead.

Same for lux, zyra, cass, ahri ( most of the mids... )

She has to go into people and without silence, late game she will be insta killed.

They should reduce the silence to 0.5 instead of 1.5...

She wont be able to do her full combo, she will be CC or whatever and dies every W she does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

06-16-2014
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangel1 View Post
So she currently sits at 44% winrate in soloqueue, why wouldn't you plan to give her compensation already?
Win rate doesn't mean everything. What matters is what players experience.

Regular joes ban her like 3/4 of the time. People clearly do NOT want to play against current LeBlanc

The professional scene also places an extremely high priority on picking/banning her. They also seem to realize the power of the unavoidable situations LeBlanc often brings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Surge I

Senior Member

06-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Win rate doesn't mean everything. What matters is what players experience.

Regular joes ban her like 3/4 of the time. People clearly do NOT want to play against current LeBlanc

The professional scene also places an extremely high priority on picking/banning her. They also seem to realize the power of the unavoidable situations LeBlanc often brings.
phreaky


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Future Diary

Senior Member

06-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Win rate doesn't mean everything. What matters is what players experience.

Regular joes ban her like 3/4 of the time. People clearly do NOT want to play against current LeBlanc

The professional scene also places an extremely high priority on picking/banning her. They also seem to realize the power of the unavoidable situations LeBlanc often brings.
Phreak can you say you love me because I love you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soulbanana8

Senior Member

06-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Win rate doesn't mean everything. What matters is what players experience.

Regular joes ban her like 3/4 of the time. People clearly do NOT want to play against current LeBlanc

The professional scene also places an extremely high priority on picking/banning her. They also seem to realize the power of the unavoidable situations LeBlanc often brings.
But would winrate affect a champ that't underplay and is really weak in the meta? Take for example Shen. Shen sits at a 46.6% winrate, which is kind of low. He has rarely been picked in LCS and his pick rate is a 3.5%. All these numbers are based off normal games from all regions. Note also that these numbers stay consistent for ranked solo.
Credits to Lolking for the data.