Elo list

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absol

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3hJuggler View Post
Nope, like I said, I don't care what my elo is. I just find it odd that Pen used to go through the trouble of looking up individuals whenever they asked, and then made the sticky, and I'm curious why they won't just release it, which would be pretty easy for them to do.
You either get to see your elo, or we get to see a balanced spray and pray. Take your pick.

Lemt

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol View Post
You either get to see your elo, or we get to see a balanced spray and pray. Take your pick.
Can't we get one, then the other?

ProHoe

01-04-2010

I agree with OP, how hard is it to generate a list and make a quick thread once every few weeks. I can't imagine this would take longer than 5 minutes tops to do.

Shiny Carnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2010

Quote:
I see now that Pendragon said in a sticky not to ask for our elo (and I'm not asking for mine as I know I'm not the best player), but if Riot has released top 500 lists before on these forums, I'm just curious how hard would it really be for them to release a (potentially much larger) list every week or so...

I really doubt that those top 500 lists were created manually, so wouldn't it just be a matter of running a program one time to generate the list... Seems like a really easy thing to do that would satisfy a lot of people and Pen would stop getting so many requests.

Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. You tell me.

Questions, as I have seen this topic show up in both games and forum referencing strategy, hero "suggestion" and the likes:

Does it matter what your ELO is? Will you sleep better at night or perform at your job better if you knew it? Does it put money in your pocket?

Whenever ELO is referenced it is done so almost 90% of the time in a derisive manner in an attempt to shut down whatever argument is presented.

Example 1: Don't play hero X, it's frowned upon/not accepted in "high-tier" play.

TD;DR - Stop asking for it and play the game, you'll know when you're nearing the top.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

01-04-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

The reason Elo is not public is because not everyone wants it to be.

In ranked games you'll be able to opt-in to displaying your Elo.

Every time I post the top 500 some people are happy - and some people are unhappy because they don't want people to see what they're at.

It's a privacy thing.

TheRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2010

my elo is ****

Lemt

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRaven View Post
my elo is ****
Wait, the forums censor elo?
Oh wow they do.

GraceLoveWar

01-04-2010

Is there going to be a top 500 elo list for jan? it is always so fun to check it out!

Twisted

01-04-2010

Quote:
I see now that Pendragon said in a sticky not to ask for our elo (and I'm not asking for mine as I know I'm not the best player), but if Riot has released top 500 lists before on these forums, I'm just curious how hard would it really be for them to release a (potentially much larger) list every week or so...

I really doubt that those top 500 lists were created manually, so wouldn't it just be a matter of running a program one time to generate the list... Seems like a really easy thing to do that would satisfy a lot of people and Pen would stop getting so many requests.

Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. You tell me.
ELO does not matter

FatalTalon

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
The reason Elo is not public is because not everyone wants it to be.

In ranked games you'll be able to opt-in to displaying your Elo.

Every time I post the top 500 some people are happy - and some people are unhappy because they don't want people to see what they're at.

It's a privacy thing.

If it's a privacy thing.... why can't I see my personal ELO to see how far below the top 500 it is?

123456 ... 8