@WizardCrab

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Surge I

06-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardCrab View Post
We are trying to figure out if and when more refunds are appropriate. I'm sorry if I don't have any more information than that. If you think about it, pretty much no company ever gives refunds on digital goods (unless you have some good examples), so the territory kind of needs to be explored. It's definitely on our minds though. Please don't take that as a confirmation that we'll ever give more though.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.
a lot of companies have free digital content...

checkmate?

PhoenixSlayer13

06-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Surge I View Post
a lot of companies have free digital content...

checkmate?
Not really. Free digital content is different from content you pay for and then want to refund after using it.

The fact that we have refunds at all is really cool.

CrimsonCzar

06-12-2014

Quote:
We are trying to figure out if and when more refunds are appropriate. I'm sorry if I don't have any more information than that. If you think about it, pretty much no company ever gives refunds on digital goods (unless you have some good examples), so the territory kind of needs to be explored. It's definitely on our minds though. Please don't take that as a confirmation that we'll ever give more though.

You could somehow link it to the honor/report system. That way good players are rewarded and bad/toxic players have incentive to try and act better. Though you would have to find a good medium to prevent people from abusing the system.

aceofsween

06-12-2014

I started a discussion on the Champions/Skins board and would really be itnerested in your feedback.

http://community.na.leagueoflegends....icing-oddities

The thread is basically a discusion about the various older skins who don't really meet the bar of a 975 price point when you compare them to newer skins. The initial discussion was prompted by the Shurima Desert Zilean skin, but there are multiple instances in which the skins offer no real thematic upgrade, minimal changes to appearance, and simply don't seem to be the same quality of newer skins, i.e. Popstar Ahri or Night Hunter Rengar (who share that 975 price point).

Ladayen

06-12-2014

Quote:

This is your opportunity to demonstrate what a player focused company you are and how proactive you can be. Alternatively you could just wait and the EU will probably make digital refunds mandatory in a year or two. Then you have to react. Are you aware of the new law that just came into effect as of midnight? http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/...ht-633185.html The excuse that nobody else does it is a rather poor one.
https://www.origin.com/en-ca/great-game-guarantee
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200144510

Tuckerr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2014

Quote:

Maybe it could be based on the amount you've purchased in RP? Like, every 1350 RP you've bought gets you one more refund? I get that it's unexplored territory, but you do already have our money.

FatedTitan

06-12-2014

Quote:

The big issue with that argument, my crabby friend, is that normally those digital goods are paid for with real money. Skins and Champions are paid for with RP. When we buy the RP to put on our account, the exchange has been made. You have your money. Whether we spend that RP or not, you have the money in your pocket. What we spend that RP on is now our choice.

It'd be different if you were giving an actual refund, where I get my $20 back for the RP I spent because I disliked what I was purchasing. But in this case, you give us the RP back, but you still have my $20 that I spent to get that RP. I'm just using the RP on a different option more suitable to my liking.

Let's say I went to a restaurant and ordered something. It gets to my table and it is in no way what I thought I was getting. Maybe it looked better on the picture or they've changed their recipe up for it completely or something. You get a nice waiter who says "Sure, we'll sub you out for a different entree around the same price." They still have my money, but they're giving me another option because what I got was not what I thought it would be or I don't really like it as much as I thought I would.

Obviously this example is a little bit different than RP. In the restaurant example, it costs the restaurant more money to provide you with a substitute dish. For Riot, it costs them nothing to substitute/refund the RP you spent. They already have your money.

WizardCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eCommerce Associate

Follow WizardCrab on Twitter

06-12-2014
56 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthens View Post
Any plans for an ultimate skin this year? ;-;
There are plans for ultimate skins. But this year? I couldn't say.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

06-12-2014
57 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredor View Post
If all 10 champions have purchased skins, a wizardcrab should swim up and down the river. Just saying.
Hahaha I like it.

WizardCrab

eCommerce Associate

06-12-2014
58 of 233 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGlaive213 View Post
WizardCrab I'm curious as to what your opinion is surrounding the sensitive subject of LMQ.
While LMQ does have a fair sized fan base, they've also are receiving a lot of hate for various things some of which are, but aren't limited to, not speaking English, not being US citizens, being originally from a different region, not adopting US culture like Bjergsen did, and supposedly exploiting loopholes in the system in order to compete in NA.
I have my own thoughts, but I was wondering what yours were.
I haven't really decided. My initial thoughts are that I don't see why speaking English or adopting our culture or whatever is relevant at all. I also welcome greater competition if it gets NA guys to level up. Not sure though.