Lucian. How did he get so popular? How is he strong?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kidco

12-08-2013

he outtrades most other adcs. just q and auto

Wrath of Kon

12-08-2013

his q and passive just destroys in lane. He is so versatile in team fights. He just has great damage numbers

gayhomofaggg

12-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBloodGreed View Post
I never liked Lucian because of his ult not being able to change directions.
How did he get so popular all of a sudden?
Some people said "Koreans" but idk how they played him.
Can anyone show me a video of a Korean Lucian?
Can anyone tell me how to play him?
I would have never guessed he'd be good until I watched some streams of really high elo players diamond + and almost every game there's a lucian player, if he's not banned and most of the time he dominates. Just watch some "theoddone" streams and you'll see him played.. played well that is.

Aloris

06-10-2014

It's because Lucian is the most all-around adc in the game. He has a little bit of everything to provide for a team in this current meta which is extremely siege and objective heavy. He doesn't really fall off at any point in the game either. Decent lane poke, BT Tri provides plenty of burst in mid game, and doesn't scale bad into late game at all either. He doesn't really have a glaring weakness to take advantage of and he provides burst, zoning, wave clear, and poke. He's also a safe option due to his e. Thats why Lucian sees so much play not only in the LCS but solo que as well. His passive also provides a good seiging ability.

Riot Ve1vet

QA Analyst

06-10-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

IMO I think his E was really underestimated when he first came out, if a support drops exhaust on you just Relentless Pursuit away.

FIatulence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ve1vet View Post
IMO I think his E was really underestimated when he first came out, if a support drops exhaust on you just Relentless Pursuit away.
Rioter participating in a necro

By replying to this thread I myself am participating in a necro

THE CYCLE NEVER ENDS

Meteonyker

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ve1vet View Post
This, the ability to pop a Slow on a ADC is REALLY strong.

Hraagh

06-10-2014

E goes too far
Q and W have too much range and very low counterplay
Ult is long range damage

The question you should ask is, "Why did riot release a champ that has a high-distance escape, three long-range skills, AND a relevant passive?"

The answer: I'd like to know.

TreeDayBan

06-10-2014

If they removed the slow-removal off his E, that would go a long ways to taking him down a notch.

A slow removal is something you would give a champ without a dash; not stick it on a champ WITH a dash.

Seems like over-kill, and what makes him so safe.

I personally would start by removing that from E before nerfing the rest of his kit. His passive is pretty rediculous, too, but that E slow removal has saved my life a billion times. The E dash is strong enough.

WorstVayneMars

06-10-2014

People thought he was **** because they built him like **** running blade shiv. Then the Koreans rushed trinity and people began getting interested in him until finally the Truth came out and BT Trinity was core on him... then people realized he wasn't a ****ty champion and had real potential all along which was always true even on release.

Before his mana regen buffs I ran 21/0/9 with CDR and did fine. I used to build him BT>Trinity into CDR boots and tried to stay with blue buff (when it was 20% cdr) for spell/auto weaving spam.with The Q targeting was a great QoL change though.