Let's Play Reverse Q&A!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HemiPoweredDrone

06-09-2014

Invisibility - Flight would be an intresting power, but all there are all these things in my head that would just complicate it, unless beyond having the power to fly you would also have a body that is adapted to the harsh conditions it would experience while flying, otherwise you'd be limited to moving very slowly and only a few feet off the ground, which would be rather lame. Also, if it were some sort of flight that required exertion, such as wings or arm-wings, that'd probably get tiring after a while. This wouldn't be the case if it was some sort of levitation, but still a valid concern when there aren't specifics.

Invisibility on the other hand has a lot of possibilities with little drawbacks. Obviously you could be a deviant, use it for perverted things or cause mischief, but Invisibility could easily be a very profitable ability to have, plus you could also do pervy stuff. Start a PI firm, no need for setting up bugs or what not, if you're invisible you can just walk right in and follow your quarry. Also, you'd be one hell of a hunter, not needing camo. Of course there's more to hunting than the camouflage, but learning techniques to use a gun or bow would be relatively simple, especially since you wouldn't have to make sure your method keeps you camouflaged. You could also contract yourself to the government, that would be risky, since they might want to do crazy experiments or dissection or something, but your abilities would be unrivaled for espionage. And hey, then you could pull pranks on friggen Vladmir Putin while getting information, that'd be awesome! Just imagine pantsing Putin in the middle of a speech. Priceless.

Plus with invisibility it would probably be fairly simple to sneak into the cabin of a plane if you needed to fly. It'd also be a lot cheaper riding the bus and train since you'd be able to sneak on without paying.

Linna Excel

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affordance View Post
Flight or Invisibility?

Flight would be fun, but if your flight power cramped up, you are screwed. The utility invisibility has to offer is too much to pass up.

CerealBoxOfDoom

06-09-2014

add more ahri and you're all set (answer to all the questions)

kayakninja

06-09-2014

I'm going with Flight. That would be so much fun. Despite what some people have said in here, you'd be perfectly fine getting up to 10,000 feet at 20 or 30 mph, as long as you could reach either of those numbers and brought a coat. With acclimatization, you could get higher though, and with goggles you could get faster.

Rauron

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiPoweredDrone View Post
unless beyond having the power to fly you would also have a body that is adapted to the harsh conditions it would experience while flying, otherwise you'd be limited to moving very slowly and only a few feet off the ground
People run while on the ground, heads a few feet up (unless something is seriously wrong), and are perfectly fine. Are you saying that changing the method of transport suddenly leaves the body massively fragile? 'Cause that's a really bizarre claim to make.

Flight would be just fine up to like 30 mph, though goggles might be nice and maneuverability is a concern. As for height, I personally tend not to any issues with elevation for at least a couple dozen feet. I mean, climbing a large hill can be just a weekend hike.

Don't get me wrong; choosing invisibility here isn't stupid. Wanting the power to go invis at will is absolutely fine. I'm just not sure how you reached the conclusion that flight = sudden loss of structural integrity. If anything, invisibility is way more conditional, since there's a big difference between "I can choose not to reflect this spectrum of electromagnetic waves with my skin" and "My body, as well as whatever I'm wearing, is not detectable to any form of vision".

Dhenz

06-10-2014

Flight.

Affordance

UX Designer

06-10-2014
5 of 10 Riot Posts

Round 2!

Cake or Pie?

Jens DV

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affordance View Post
Round 2!

Cake or Pie?
Don't you mean Cake or Death?

Either way, cake please!

PS. Could I please have a hug? :3

Affordance

UX Designer

06-10-2014
6 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens DV View Post
Don't you mean Cake or Death?

Either way, cake please!

PS. Could I please have a hug? :3
Of course!

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Bes...1b_4189982.jpg

*hugs*

Affordance

UX Designer

06-10-2014
7 of 10 Riot Posts

I present for your consideration... CAKE-PIE.

But still have to choose though.