Health above Dragon/Baron

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaster

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Wait wait wait wait, i might be confused.
By health counter that the op mentioned, was he saying like... champ bars divided into 100s health counter? or an exact number counting down health counter?

I watched the visual update video like 6 times, and now again, and still couldn't see what the thing in question is, from the op's description and the red post, i thought it was a.. literal counter.

From your description it sounds like a 'counter' (like hp bars).

No... no. I was right all along, found a screen shot in the post about gameplay changes.

There's a literal number right ontop of baron's head that counts down. The ui will NEVER be used EVER again.

It's going to make it extremely ez mode, you have misunderstood what kind of counter it is.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...meplay-updates

Game Clarity.

It has an ACTUAL number ontop of it's head. Not just a set of portioned hp bars, a number.

Ez mode. I was not wrong.

Vorbo01

06-10-2014

Quote:
Wait wait wait wait, i might be confused.
By health counter that the op mentioned, was he saying like... champ bars divided into 100s health counter? or an exact number counting down health counter?

I watched the visual update video like 6 times, and now again, and still couldn't see what the thing in question is, from the op's description and the red post, i thought it was a.. literal counter.

From your description it sounds like a 'counter' (like hp bars).

I don't know for sure, but from what I saw it looks like it's like a champion health bar, not the specific numbers.

@ RiotForScience, could get some clarity on that?

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2014

Ok.
So you don't have to click the monster anymore.

What's difference between looking at a tiny number in the top left of the screen and looking at one in the middle of the screen? And how hard is it to click on the monster? The answer is it's not.

This new health bar takes some old and annoying stuff out of the UI. Please guys don't encourage Riot to keep their same old UI because you're finding some non-existent amount of skill in clicking a ****ing mob.

Inc donvotes, but I don't care. There's no extra skill required in clicking once. People who don't know how much damage smite does at each level are not going to magically smite better.

Blaster

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicatt View Post
Ok.
So you don't have to click the monster anymore.

What's difference between looking at a tiny number in the top left of the screen and looking at one in the middle of the screen? And how hard is it to click on the monster? The answer is it's not.

This new health bar takes some old and annoying stuff out of the UI. Please guys don't encourage Riot to keep their same old UI because you're finding some non-existent amount of skill in clicking a ****ing mob.

Inc donvotes, but I don't care. There's no extra skill required in clicking once. People who don't know how much damage smite does at each level are not going to magically smite better.

Ofc there's no skill in clicking once.
There's skill in reading the ui, since it is relative to both your champion position, and the enemies versus where you are are standing, and being able to read from over there and still be able to time versus the various abilities the enemies are using.

This is much, much easier. Outstandingly easier. Update the ui, if you want. But the dragon and baron ui is NOT clunky, NOT hard to use, and NOT outdated. You implying so is absolute trife. Their CLIENT is bad, don't confuse that for their user interface, which is very easily edited and shifted through the menus. Their ui is... fine.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2014

Quote:
Ofc there's no skill in clicking once.
There's skill in reading the ui, since it is relative to both your champion position, and the enemies versus where you are are standing, and being able to read from over there and still be able to time versus the various abilities the enemies are using.

This is much, much easier. Outstandingly easier. Update the ui, if you want. But the dragon and baron ui is NOT clunky, NOT hard to use, and NOT outdated. You implying so is absolute trife. Their CLIENT is bad, don't confuse that for their user interface, which is very easily edited and shifted through the menus. Their ui is... fine.
I honestly hate that little box in the top left. I always have hated it. It's really really ugly. It's got little spots for items on it when you click a neutral mob.
Either way though, you're now reading that number in the middle instead of that number in the top left, so you're still fighting the other jungler to read the UI and time a smite while several champions are smacking Baron(meaning you have to estimate how much damage they're pumping out and how fast to win the smite war) that's the part where the skill is, not the single click to reveal the health number.

In reality it's not that much easier at all.
Would you be happy with it if you had to click on baron for his health bar and the number to appear above his head?
As other people have said in the thread, a single click is not a valuable or skillful gameplay asset.

falkenjeff

06-10-2014

I for one support this change.

I have my "target champion only" button set to "mouse button one".

So when left clicking things, I have to shift + left click if they are not a champion. But... Even when I shift + left click, champions still take priority. So if someone is tanking dragon, I can't click dragon.

Yeah, it's buggy, but it's the best button for the job.

NA Darklarik

06-10-2014

While im against Barona nd Dragon having HP numbers above there heads, i do belive Smite should have a Numerical counter to show how much damage its dealing, hovering over THAT sucks.

The Awed One

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
Getting the perfect smite is the best feeling in game and if it is dumbed down to just watching numbers above the creature, anyone will be able to do it.
It's EXACTLY THE SAME as watching the portrait.

TSM WiId Cat

06-10-2014

Quote:
So on the preview videos of the VU for Summoner's Rift, Baron and Dragon have a health counter above their health bar that shows how much health they have left. And while I'm sure many will be happy that they no longer have to click the Dragon/Baron and watch the numbers fall to time a good smite, I feel this takes a massive amount of skill out of the Jungler's role. Getting the perfect smite is the best feeling in game and if it is dumbed down to just watching numbers above the creature, anyone will be able to do it.

Please reconsider this addition @RiotForScience and other devs who worked on the VU.
I strongly agree with this, you guys made Curse Voice remove buff timers that a person can keep themselves, because it takes away a skill factor of what seperates good players from average players. Showing Baron or Dragons hp with numbers or distinct 1000 hp or 100 hp bars takes away from the skill of executing proper smites without a HUD similar to previous Curse Voice timers. it allows players to simply roughly guess far too accurately compared to players who actually left click and skillfully watch the hp bar in the top left while also managing their positioning/actions in that situation. I wish you would take a firm stance and either remove the baron/dragon hp bar changes, or allow overlays/huds to do what Curse Voice did originally. I personally think, you took the right stance with Curse Voice, but this is a step backwards if you chose to follow through with this, and shows strong inconsistency with the Riot's views.

Lasie

06-10-2014

Quote:
So on the preview videos of the VU for Summoner's Rift, Baron and Dragon have a health counter above their health bar that shows how much health they have left. And while I'm sure many will be happy that they no longer have to click the Dragon/Baron and watch the numbers fall to time a good smite, I feel this takes a massive amount of skill out of the Jungler's role. Getting the perfect smite is the best feeling in game and if it is dumbed down to just watching numbers above the creature, anyone will be able to do it.

Please reconsider this addition @RiotForScience and other devs who worked on the VU.
I dont see how clicking on drake/baron and watching the health bar is less or more skill as a jungler. its the timing that counts not what you see dropping