Summoner's Rift Seasonal Themes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Santasaurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2014

Just a quick question for the Riot Team (and fellow summoners):

Do you think Halloween and Christmas themes will be coming back this year for Summoner's Rift?
I'm sure a lot of us miss the spawning Urf Ghost but maybe not so much the graphic-heavy snow/christmas lights... What do you guys think? Maybe it's too soon for the Halloween map, but I sure hope there will be some snow during December!

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-09-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santasaurus View Post
Just a quick question for the Riot Team (and fellow summoners):

Do you think Halloween and Christmas themes will be coming back this year for Summoner's Rift?
I'm sure a lot of us miss the spawning Urf Ghost but maybe not so much the graphic-heavy snow/christmas lights... What do you guys think? Maybe it's too soon for the Halloween map, but I sure hope there will be some snow during December!
No, probably not this year for Halloween, the timing on that is not going to work out. Sorry .

Arcane Ezreal

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
No, probably not this year for Halloween, the timing on that is not going to work out. Sorry .
So wait, does this mean something for Christmas, since you did not address that.

AceJig

Recruiter

06-10-2014

I feel incredibly sorry for any players that haven't experienced the map event changes back in 2011. It made playing the game so much more fun, and it broke my heart when I heard that they wouldn't be doing it for this current state of Summoner's Rift. Please bring it back Riot. ; ;

Urgot my Waifu

06-10-2014

Quote:
You didn't mention Christmas...

Name:  lloyd-300x300.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  20.7 KB

Santasaurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2014

Quote:
Understandable, at least you guys will have more time to make it better :P Thanks for replying!

Jimmy2Dix

06-13-2014

If I could expand on Santasaurus question, will this upcoming Summoners Rift update make seasonal changes easier? or something we could expect more in the future? Maybe make new seasonal changes possible? I started playing around the last time the map was changed for winter and it was such a cool thing. All custom matches were done on the winter map all the way into like june when it got removed. So much fun We would all love to see them back.