Riot is looking to remove Silence from LB

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ogaflow

06-09-2014

Here it is for all to look at. http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/06...date.html#more

Sigil of Silence ( Q ) renamed to Sigil of Malice
Sigil of Malice ( Q ) no longer silences.

For those who just want to see it without checking the link.

Is Riot planning to remove silence from the game entirely? Or is this just a LB thing? It would be nice to get a Rioter in here with knowledge of the design future to explain what is going on with the removal of the silence status from champions. Is this a design direction change or are these champions fringe cases?

NotKirin

06-09-2014

It's a large jump from having silence removed from one champion, and then conclude that it's being phased out as a cc <.<

SmokedAlmonds

06-09-2014

donno, but having a silence on mobile burst oriented champions is pretty oppressive so it wouldn't really surprise me

Felixphaeton

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotKirin View Post
It's a large jump from having silence removed from one champion, and then conclude that it's being phased out as a cc <.<
It got removed from Kassadin as well. This brings down the number of champions with a silence in the game from 10 to 8. I can see how the OP would think that Riot is removing silences, but I doubt this is actually the case.

Long lasting ranged on demand silences are pretty cancer though.

Crame Bot

06-09-2014

Removing the silence? Why don't they just remove her from the game. It would make me a lot happier. Maybe just delete kass too instead of pretending to fix a broken kit.

Sceptre Wielder

06-09-2014

Distortion's base cooldown is now 20 and is reduced with ultimate rank. (17/14/10)

Mimic: Distortion ability power ratio reduced from .975 to .6

I main LB I know what should be done

Calabok

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptre Wielder View Post
Distortion's base cooldown is now 20 and is reduced with ultimate rank. (17/14/10)

Mimic: Distortion ability power ratio reduced from .975 to .6

I main LB I know what should be done
and remove silence

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

06-09-2014
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogaflow View Post
Here it is for all to look at. http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/06/69-pbe-update.html#more

Sigil of Silence ( Q ) renamed to Sigil of Malice
Sigil of Malice ( Q ) no longer silences.

For those who just want to see it without checking the link.

Is Riot planning to remove silence from the game entirely? Or is this just a LB thing? It would be nice to get a Rioter in here with knowledge of the design future to explain what is going on with the removal of the silence status from champions. Is this a design direction change or are these champions fringe cases?
We're removing ranged silences from mobile, high burst assassins specifically at the moment. With characters like Le Blanc that have that ability to combo down a target we'd like the victim to have a bit more of a window to fight back in. Silence removes most of the options from the enemy player once Le Blanc engages and she's able to do so from a reasonable range. On characters with longer time to kill, less mobility or less reliability by contrast silences are less of an issue.

Plan is to then watch how Le Blanc performs after this change, see whether she's still got a spot as a very mobile, single target burst champ, or whether we need to give her some form of compensation for the removed silence.

BruisingPrune

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We're removing ranged silences from mobile, high burst assassins specifically at the moment. With characters like Le Blanc that have that ability to combo down a target we'd like the victim to have a bit more of a window to fight back in. Silence removes most of the options from the enemy player once Le Blanc engages and she's able to do so from a reasonable range. On characters with longer time to kill, less mobility or less reliability by contrast silences are less of an issue.

Plan is to then watch how Le Blanc performs after this change, see whether she's still got a spot as a very mobile, single target burst champ, or whether we need to give her some form of compensation for the removed silence.
please feel free to completely tear leblanc apart and leave her a disheveled mess

its for the greater good

UltimaFatum

06-09-2014

So you gut her ratios and then remove the silence?

Pardon me if I'm being ignorant, but from a balancing point-of-view, wouldn't this work better if you did it the other way around? A big part of Leblanc's ridiculous kill potential is the fact that there is no possible retaliation against the silence. Once that's gone however, there could be ways to interrupt her combo or force her to retreat before completing a full chain. Is the sigil going to do something else now or is it going to be a pure damage nuke?

1234511 ... 20