Health above Dragon/Baron

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FatedTitan

06-09-2014

So on the preview videos of the VU for Summoner's Rift, Baron and Dragon have a health counter above their health bar that shows how much health they have left. And while I'm sure many will be happy that they no longer have to click the Dragon/Baron and watch the numbers fall to time a good smite, I feel this takes a massive amount of skill out of the Jungler's role. Getting the perfect smite is the best feeling in game and if it is dumbed down to just watching numbers above the creature, anyone will be able to do it.

Please reconsider this addition @RiotForScience and other devs who worked on the VU.

RiotForScience

Senior Environment Artist

06-09-2014
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
So on the preview videos of the VU for Summoner's Rift, Baron and Dragon have a health counter above their health bar that shows how much health they have left. And while I'm sure many will be happy that they no longer have to click the Dragon/Baron and watch the numbers fall to time a good smite, I feel this takes a massive amount of skill out of the Jungler's role. Getting the perfect smite is the best feeling in game and if it is dumbed down to just watching numbers above the creature, anyone will be able to do it.

Please reconsider this addition @RiotForScience and other devs who worked on the VU.
We are continuing to consider it. There is still a ton of discussion on this feature. I don't think it is in a final state yet, it is just in the state that it happens to be in right now.

Quinn PossibIe

06-09-2014

Go to Sleep ForScience

GodKilleR 999

06-09-2014

The skill should be about trying to calculate how much dps your team or/and the enemy team is doing and making it so your smite is the the thing to take the objective. It shouldn't be about trying to work against a vague health bar, this is much more about knowledge than actual skill.

Exvayate

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
We are continuing to consider it. There is still a ton of discussion on this feature. I don't think it is in a final state yet, it is just in the state that it happens to be in right now.
How about tick marks in their HP bars like shown on Vilemaw's HP bar in Twisted Treeline?

The MechE

06-09-2014

I think it's fine. How does repeatedly needing to click baron after right clicking an enemy champion define skill? It's just a pain in the ass. Smites were always 50/50 at pro level. This won't change that.

GodKilleR 999

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exvayate View Post
How about tick marks in their HP bars like shown on Vilemaw's HP bar in Twisted Treeline?
Both drag and baron have that actually.

Letkhar

06-09-2014

What? How does what you're describing take more skill?

UnRen

06-09-2014

I think having hp hidden behind a veil of an extra click is kinda silly. If it was done for that reason and say not for ascetics.

IonDragonX

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotForScience View Post
Just keep in mind that there are plenty of people, like ME, who WOULD want to see the numeral!!

12345 ... 7