Kyle Landry - LoL on Piano

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faceplosion

06-09-2014

Hello GD, I just wanted to share these two fantastic covers with you;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anXvoEtcaNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86uO4rXgtJc

For those interested in the artist, Kyle Landry is a piano player who is known for Youtube covers of many game, ainme and pop culture songs. I highly recommend you check out his channel for lots of great music if you love piano covers.

Faceplosion

06-09-2014

b

DarkvolcanReborn

06-09-2014

why do the black keys always make the nicer sounds

Riflheim

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkvolcanReborn View Post
I sometimes wonder what the mind level of the league community is... and this post is a perfect example of why...

DarkvolcanReborn

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflheim View Post
I sometimes wonder what the mind level of the league community is... and this post is a perfect example of why...
actually, the answer I was looking for was probably along the lines of this
Quote:
The piano's white keys represent the tones of the musical alphabet: A, B, C, D, E, F, G.
The black keys represent half-steps between various notes (sharps and flats).
whatever ignorant racist implications you were thinking of are in your own head, and you should re-evaluate whose "mind level" you truly need to examine

Riflheim

06-09-2014

Quote:
actually, the answer I was looking for was probably along the lines of this

whatever ignorant racist implications you were thinking of are in your own head, and you should re-evaluate whose "mind level" you truly need to examine
Congratulations, you can formulate an intelligent answer using the basic theory behind piano and music itself. But I don't know what part of my answer was "racist". You might want to think about that.

Faceplosion

06-10-2014

Quote:
I'll try to answer this with my somewhat limited knowledge of music theory;

When you play two notes or more notes at the same time you get a sound that has a certain amount of dissonance. The more dissonance, the uglier the sound, the less dissonance the nicer the sound is. My guess is that the combinations of white and black keys played in these two songs probably have less dissonance, but black keys don't always sound nicer. For example, the most dissonant sound you can get with two notes is a distance of 4.5 steps, meaning you go up or down 4 white keys and 1 black key (most of the time, but it'd take too long to explain why not all the time.) If you want to play around with the black keys, trying playing a song using only those keys. It'll sound very similar to traditional Asian music, as they usually make heavy use of those notes.

Hope that explains it well enough, as I said before my knowledge of music theory is limited so my apologies if I screwed up.

TSM WiId Cat

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceplosion View Post
Hello GD, I just wanted to share these two fantastic covers with you;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anXvoEtcaNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86uO4rXgtJc

For those interested in the artist, Kyle Landry is a piano player who is known for Youtube covers of many game, ainme and pop culture songs. I highly recommend you check out his channel for lots of great music if you love piano covers.
I thought this said "Kayle Liandry" at first... Interesting stuff though!

Jooballin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

06-10-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I just posted this yesterday as well! Glad to see there are more Summoners out there who have found his music.

I Hate Ninjas

06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooballin View Post
I just posted this yesterday as well! Glad to see there are more Summoners out there who have found his music.
After you posted this I went through probably half of his videos throughout yesterday. His medleys are very impressive and fluid.

Also his Dango Daikazuko tore my heart into little pieces </3