@Jigglypuff about Poppy

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commando Yi

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Tiki View Post
no worries, I like the idea of different opinions being out there, just my take on her

I really think she needs a full update including game play an VU. I think her concept is pretty strong and fairly unique in our universe, but her game play has some significant issues. Much as I love that I never have to worry about someone else picking her, I'd still love to see other people enjoy playing her like I do.

Pretty biased though as I'm a Poppy fanboy for sure.
Can I draw you over to get your thoughts on this thread :O ?
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4579332

xFieryCleaver

06-09-2014

hahaha commando yi fishing for upvotes AGAIN

xFieryCleaver

06-09-2014

if poppy needs a rework and a VU then you should be the one to do it tiki <3

Time Rider

06-09-2014

Quote:
not at all affiliated with champ team so this is just personal opinion:

I think what defines her is not really cuteness, it's a more serious nature. Now, I think she still ends up looking kind of cute, which works because how serious she is helps highlight that she is still a (somewhat) cute yordle. Ultimately though, her seriousness and "tankiness" are more the characteristics that I think define her for me. Love playing as that tiny mostly-serious-but-a-little-cute wrecking ball.

Also, some of her splash art is really in need of updating Dat Lollipoppy....

I swear, I get nightmares about lollipoppy chasing me and trying to hit me

Riot Tiki

User Research

06-09-2014
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Jockey View Post
I swear, I get nightmares about lollipoppy chasing me and trying to hit me
Yeah, it's strangely fun to play because it's soooo terrifying to look at, but you get to inflict that on your opponent.

At her core, there's just something super satisfying about her charge + hammer smash game play. One of the things I love most in a game is when the visuals & sound (whether they're look super amazing or not) really convey the feel of a thing. I think her Q & E are really good in that regard. For all the issues with her splash and core play balance, whoever made her early aesthetics in-game made them to last. For me at least

I don't really know the status of any rework with her unfortunately, wish I could be more help there. At the moment just a Poppy fan hoping for the same thing as you all

The MechE

06-09-2014

pls DO NOT update the LolliPoppy splash art. It's meant to strike fear into those who see it.

Also, pls keep her Paladin-esk theme if she gets VUed. I love her golden armor and spells.

Also, make sure she keeps the line, "They'll BEG for peace."

Riot Tiki

User Research

06-09-2014
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mechy View Post
Also, make sure she keeps the line, "They'll BEG for peace."
I'm a big fan of her "Fighting is serious business" line. Seems so funny/cute/serious all at the same time.

Hrud

06-09-2014

Poppy thread?

Name:  62804141330bc89a969490ce54ad7c9a-png.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  59.0 KB

Zac x Me

06-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOfRegiment View Post
Now that I think about it, Poppy is pretty cute. What I mean is when (and hopefully she does) get plastic surgery, I can just imagine how charming she would look.
Too bad that they're probably just gonna exchange her with a new champion whom they'll simply call Poppy then.

DanKillsYou

06-09-2014

Quote:
I'm a big fan of her "Fighting is serious business" line. Seems so funny/cute/serious all at the same time.
You are saying you want poppy rework? Okie, Rito hire me NAO for I have found a rework for Droopy, The Iron Executioner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac x Me View Post
Too bad that they're probably just gonna exchange her with a new champion whom they'll simply call Poppy then.
This is what you were looking for.

Name:  Popp.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  92.1 KB